Problem with the drop chance of exquisite chests in the Sky instances.

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-Lamandrion, Jul 2, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Lamandrion Guest

Dear EQ2 community,
    I do not know if it otherwise who already noticed by you, but it seems a problem with the drop rate of "exquisite chests," which contain fabled equipment and mythical equipment with luck to give the Sky Easy Mode instances.
    Since the last patch, which the loot in the Sky HM instances should upgrade, I and my group in the Sky Easy mode instances do not contain "exquisite chests" of the Nameds that fabled equipment to see more drop. (Exquisite chest with master spells are drop off of the Nameds, but not with the fabled equipment, the only exception is "Captain Veezaran" in Sky 1, which seems to have a 100% chance of a fabled wrist drop)
    For now drop from the trash fabled pants and shoulders, but the drops at most Nameds only master spells or legendary chests in my group and myself.
    I'm now in the last days in a row made 112 EM instances, which have always been affected by this problem.
    This is a chance to drop below 1% for Exquisite chests with equipment, and may not be in my eyes. Until the patch on the 06/21/2012, everything was normal, since there is a problem.
    Furthermore, I am in the HM instances, which incidentally I have done, noticed no improvement or enhancement of the items. The items are still lower values as the faction purchasable items.
    Maybe you is a similar or the same problem noticed.
    I've taken with the support ingame contact only this is not a known issue. If more people these problems are noticed, I ask you to comment on that the SOE development team will notice that there is a real problem. This is also the recommendation of SOE GM shuriken.
    Thank you
    Yours sincerely, Ingerimm of Valor
    Excuse my bad English I hope you understand what I want to tell.
  2. ARCHIVED-RafaelSmith Guest

Random is random.......or as random as you can get with a computer.
    ...seen at least 6 exquis from em SS instances.... one of which had a Myth over the weekend.
    All seems to be just fine.
  3. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

I ran 8 sets of EM (24 total) runs over the last weekend.
    In one of the EM runs we got 3 Exquisite chests off trash, and I know we got at least 15 off named, and we run through the shortest possible path only killing what we run into usually clearing the zone in 10-15 minutes (15 being a long run).
    There is nothing in any of the non-challenge heroic zones that warrants anymore than a 10% chance at a fabled chest drop, well except for the entitlement mentality that has set in on Norrath.
    I think the RNG is just having it's go at you. You have a small sample size so no real judgement can be made, just as none can be made from what I provided only that .
  4. ARCHIVED-Lempo Guest

Gaylon@Mistmoore wrote:
    The fact that a Myth dropped from one of those instances indicates a problem, the rest of the drop rates <shrug>, it's SOE-made-random.
  5. ARCHIVED-Lamandrion Guest

You can tell me what you want, it's something wrong with the loottables and the drop rate of "exquisite chests."

First, it's me included as I said just to "Exquisite chests" which armor, weapons, shields, jewelery and symbols. And secondly, they have fallen from the Nameds and not from the trash mobs!

As bad luck may have it at all, others report the same problem of me not to write in the forums. For me there are now 116 instances without the drop of a named, but "Captain Veezaran" because of 100% drop chance, an Exquisite Chest pleased with equipment.

Think about it 116 times instances is about 5 Nameds per instance so 580 Loot chances and not a "exquisite chest with pieces of equipment" is one percent chance of less than 0.17% are holding on to the calculated percentage chance, falls much on. Because the newly calculated chance would be valid only if the next instance would fall into an "exquisite chest with accessories," one of the Nameds!

Furthermore, the "exquisite chests" of having the trash mobs with "fabled pants" and "fabled shoulders" fitted, which values the same bad by the Nameds in the HM instances. And the loot in the instances of HM is still as bad as before the patch. But the show would have been that this is wrong.

But I can not do it more than it reported to the SOE team. I ask to examine it and if an error occurs, please resolve this as quickly as possible.

I have no idea how the loottables, distribution, and the loot drop chances are regulated by SOE. There may be a component, which couples the drop chance to the player. So a player-bound element of chance as a timestamp. Only knows that the only SOE game mechanics behind it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Ragnaphore Guest

Was it on Valor or on another server ? It might be a bug due to localisation as ppl from US servers don't seem to have this problem. Or the RNG really hates you...
  7. ARCHIVED-Lamandrion Guest

Ragnaphore wrote:
    Good point, I play on Valor and here at the moment is also the problem at hand.
  8. ARCHIVED-Lamatu Guest

I think I read your post correctly and determined you would like to know why more exquisite chests don't drop? I run CD and Lyceum alot so will base my experience on that.
    When a exquisite drops it means there is a fabled item in the chest. Now I am pretty certain you don't see more because most names do not have a fabled loot table. Going back to DoV most instances only had two names per instance with fabled loot tables.
    As for why that one guy in CD always drops a fabled wrist is probably a bug. Look how long it took to fix the guy in Ascent from dropping fabled (6 months after DoV).
    Lastly the myths from the final name in CD and Lyceum is just random luck. I run them both 5 times each day on different toons and have seen 8 from CD and 3 from Lyceum drop in the last 4 weeks.
  9. ARCHIVED-Draylore Guest

Lempo@Everfrost wrote:
    How so?
  10. ARCHIVED-Seidhkona Guest

This is not a problem, but rather the normal operation of the RNG. I ran a lot of Skyshrine over the last few weeks, and sometimes you get legendary drops, sometimes you get no drops, then sometimes everything and the trash seems to drop Exquisites.