Problem with T8 Necro DPS

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-KBern, Apr 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Vallek Guest

Enoa@Kithicor wrote:
    I don't. The scout pet is higher single target dps in groups. The mage pet becomes better when we have mage buffs in raids. There's a time and place.
    Seeing as you guys just neglect your other two pets of course you'd want your mage gear to affect the pet. But SOE has given us the other two and wants us to use them. So I really don't see them giving us a reason to never use the other two ever again.
    Continuous complaining for our spell crit and +dmg to affect our pet will go unanswered because it's unbalancing.
  2. ARCHIVED-ClawHammr Guest

I want to be able to use all 3 pets , not just 1 or 2
    Now if I could only find some T6-T7 Master Pets on my server.....
  3. ARCHIVED-Vallek Guest

ClawHammr wrote:
    Exactly. Only improving one leaves the other two behind and the problem still remains. But we shouldn't have to seek masters or raid gear just to fix a problem that should be fixed anyway.
  4. ARCHIVED-Daelim Guest

Vallek wrote:
    Thats true, I actually completely forgot about the scout pet because he's just about useless. His DPS is average at best and one AE from the mob kills him so I never use him. I would love to have to actually think about which pet I should use for any given encounter but the real problem is "How do we fix Necro pets without unbalancing the entire class?"

The real problem is that in soloing we are already overpowered. I regularly solo group content which every non-Necro I know needs at least a 3-4 man group to kill. I have a built in 12k health tank, I can heal him for 3-4.5k health with 7 different spells and I can maintain decent DPS while I'm doing it. If it all goes bad and I bite off more then I can chew I dismiss the pet and flop with 100% success rate. I can tank, Heal and DPS. Some of you might know that as the holy trinity in grouping and a necro gets it all while Solo.
    In normal groups my DPS matches or beats the rogues and wizzies even if I keep my tank pet out to off tank or make up for a sub-par PC tank. I've had an entire group wipe on an encounter without killing anything, my tank pet picks up the agro and I kill everything then rez the healer. In a group I can off tank, mind control undead adds, spot heal, feign death and rez the healer all while topping the dps charts.
    The main place a Necro suffers is high end raiding. In the few low end raids I've done I've always topped the DPS charts but I finally got in on my first Shard of Hate raid the other day and saw what you all are talking about. They linked the top 5 after every fight and I never made the list once. Even Lifeburning mobs didn't get me above the melee's and that always worked in the low end raids... lol This was the first time I got invited a raid run by a real raid guild so I had never grouped with a solid core of raid geared toons before. Those guys brought back memories of EQ1 when I was main tanking for hard core raid guilds:)
    So how do we fix raiding without overpowering everything else? If SOE buffs my tank pet I have no need to ever group again for anything less then an instance with groups of 3+ ^^^ Heroics. Its difficult but I have soloed groups of two ^^^ Heroics while I was bored waiting on a group to get to a zone or while I was solo farming instances for master's to sell on the broker. I soloed ^^^EpicX2 mobs for quite a few grey quests that others in my guild had to put together groups to kill. I haven't tried one higher then lvl 55 but he couldn't even hit my tank so there's no challenge there.
    If they buff our warlock pets our group DPS will just be insane. I already top the charts in the average pick-up group without even trying. The only time I ever have to work to stay on top of the list is the odd occasion when a raid geared DPS class toon decides to go slumming and group with us lowbie newbs in the LFG channel.
    The scout pet really needs something done to him to make him usable. Give him more health, better avoidance or something that makes it worth the hassle of keeping him alive when the tank pulls 3-4 mobs and he can't avoid all the AE's.
    I honestly don't see a way to fix our raid utility without overbalancing everything else. The one thing a lot of people forget is that not everyone raids. Those of us who don't raid very often would rather deal with the shortcommings the class has now then get a temporary "fix" that gets us nerfed everywhere else because we are overpowered outside of the raid. Maybe the best way to do it would be to change the way raid buffs stack on casters to increase the effect on our pets or something. This way they only buff us during raids when we really need it. They would still have to buff up the scout pet to make him usable but at least its a start.
  5. ARCHIVED-Plaguemeister Guest

Why limit pet inventory to treasured only? We should be allowed to equip all 3 pets with appropriate gear of any tier including no trade should we loot it. Hell in eq1 I put a copper hammer of striking on my pet - OWNAGE. Gear damage per pet death should be taken into consideration at maybe as high as 2x the normal charge for personal gear - think of the money sinks we would be!! In addition to this, our pets should just be STRONGER - take away some of my own damage abilities and give us more pet buffs: a pet DS or a pet ward comes to mind (castable only on the pet and affected by AA points). Bring back Mind Wrack and get rid of pestiliance blast. Also, why do our add ptes (swarm pets) get treated like dots AND live things - ie they can be cured and/or aoe'd off - how many other casters can have a spell effect cured and/or aoed off like we do with our multiple add pets. Either treat add pets as adds (thus uncurable) and aoe-able OR as dots (curable and then un affected by AOE damage) but not both.
  6. ARCHIVED-thajoka Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Mewse Guest

I find it a bit ironic that in RoK instance PUG's I am using my tank pet more. I know my pet dps stinks on these short heroic fights so I use the tank pet in case the MT goes down. My pet holds aggro long enough for the healer to rez the MT back to full. Then, when my pet dies I can FD and the MT can pick up aggro again. Basically, I use the tank pet as a stop gap for a bad pull or an unskilled MT. When I am grouping with people I know (eg guildies) I don't usually do this unless we know its a tough pull. So, nowadays, unless I am raiding I set my AA's to tank pet spec (STA instead of INT line).
  8. ARCHIVED-yzyh Guest

Saurakk@Guk wrote:
    I would like to know why SOE made the exact same mistake with EQ2 they did with EQ1. Like the pet not scaling with with caster stats. Even in WoW their was wise enough to make pet scaling with its owner stats.
  9. ARCHIVED-Darkevileyes Guest

After RoK.
    How many people play Necro in your server?
    How many people play Necro for main in your server?
    How many people Raid used Necro for main in your server?
    Why you need Necro in raid or group?
    consider following .
    For dps? for Heart? for Heal? for rez ? for FD?
    Hee ! kidding!
    SoE dont know they do something that banish Necro.
    Necro is soloer!!
    After you clear T8 instance like Nest or OOB . it will be approval.
    waitting for The Shadow of Odyssey
  10. ARCHIVED-Rendakor Guest

yzyh wrote:
    To be fair, WoW didn't figure it out til their first expansion. (Well, the last patch before TBC launched, but close enough).
  11. ARCHIVED-Jacmac Guest

Saurakk@Guk wrote:
    This would have been closer...
  12. ARCHIVED-GuardianKing Guest

rename your pet your name and you will show up on the top 5 every time.
  13. ARCHIVED-DeathRider69 Guest

I agree about the DPS as well. I was running the EPIC weapon quest in CL and the guardian and ranger over DPSd me and I was running my raid config with mage pet for highest DPS. They need to do something to level it out again.
  14. ARCHIVED-Stonie Guest

Well... maybe they should do it, like the Necros in Vanguard do it, with the equipment for the pets. They have a spell called "Necropsy" and from lvl 10 on they can use it on every mob they kill. It has a 0,1 chance to get a "normal" item from the mob, a 0,01 chance to get a rare thing from the Mob. The Necro in Vanguard have only 1 Pet but it depends on the items(Grafts=Organs, Hands,legs ..etc) they equip, what the pet can do. So with this system we could improve our pets also to make more dmg.
    From my point of view, this system is far better then the Pet system we have here in EQ2...

my 2 ct

Leos (VG Halgar)
    Leoss (EQ2 Valor)
  15. ARCHIVED-Sabutai Guest

Stonie wrote:
    too late in this game to implement anything like this.
  16. ARCHIVED-Disruptavior Guest

Saurakk@Guk wrote:
    I am on my 3rd necro - first was on Oasis - then pvp came out and went to vox - then vox died and so now I'm on Nagafen. I'll say this - the necro in concept is a great character, but clearly Sony developers have chosen to ignore pet classes. If we are not going to be a dps class, then some new utility has to come out of the necro to make it worthwhile for groups to want a necro. And on a pvp server - seriously - lol I dont' know where to start.
    I love this post above because it really states the issue - we don't dps. We are out dps'd by Zerks, brigs, fury's - this should not be the case. IF we are going to be the 'dirge' of the mage classes - please give us new utility - new reasons for groups and raids to want a necro.
    Some suggestions -
    1 uber our tank pet so that he can actually tank for groups - (I'm not talking about the STA line)
    2 make our mage pet crit consistently so we can bring real dps to a group.
    3 allow our scout pet more scout like abilities and perhaps an evac
    I'm guessing on business side of SOE , they have other projects and other games to invest in. Clearly EQ2 is not getting the attention it once did and as necros we suffer.
    Alabaster ( Nagafen ) necro
    Larz (80 warlock Nagafen)
    Mischeviouz (80 Guardian Nagafen)
    etc etc etc etc