Problem with Far Seas Equipment

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-HelixHibrow, Dec 15, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-HelixHibrow Guest

I have noticed that when I have the Artisan's Earing and Toolbelt equiped not only do I get +5% durability, I also get -5% durability. This seems to be counter intuitive to having the equipment in the first place.
    To me, its like having having adventurer equipment that gives you +4 Critical Hit, and at the same time it gives that mobs +4% Critical Hit.
    I have also noticed that when I get critcal successes, I get ticks that are -25 +75 occassionally. I find this odd, because a few times I have hit my durability reaction arts with nothing to counter, with my durability to close to the low end of the pristine bar, then gotten a critcal success which then puts me under down a bar and I only get fuel for completing.

There doesn't appear to be much consistency with the results for reaction arts between the different tradeskills either. Countering a Sever with one reaction give lots of progress AND durability, but on the synonamous reaction art of a different tradeskill the results give lots of progress and little if any positive durability.
    Lastly, (this is a bit exagerated) has anyone else noticed that the first tick of a new item almost always seems to be a -50 to durability? (for your non-proficient tradeskills).
  2. ARCHIVED-EQ2Magroo Guest

I've not tested it yet, but I can understand why this would be so.
    The devs who coded it have simply multiplied the result by the % increase, and ignore the fact that it can be a negative. What should happen in my view is that the negative amounts are *reduced* by the % figure. I guess the coders didn't quite appreciate what Domino was intending for these items.
    As for the skill counters, I agree this is very strange. I just don't get the argument why each class doesn't have the same results for their corresponding counters. In fact I'd think it was much easier to code it that way. Perhaps if they did do this though people would begin to question why we have 9 different classes anyway ??
  3. ARCHIVED-HelixHibrow Guest

The continuing question becomes...If this is a problem with the +durability set of equipment, is it a problem with the other pieces that deal with progression and critical success.
  4. ARCHIVED-SilkenKidden Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    If you are right then this is clearly a bug. I hope it gets fixed before I find the earring to match the toolbelt I have. I've been doing these missions over and over just waiting to get a full set of equipment. Now I read that it is worse than not having it at all. Have you entered a bug report? I guess we have to have the equipment before we can report a bug with it.
  5. ARCHIVED-HelixHibrow Guest

Adeyia@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I beileve that Adeyia has it right. It was an incorrect application of the coding that just added or subtracted a %, when it should always be adding.
    If it is working as intended, then the examine window should also include "decreases durability by 5%" as part of teh explanation.
    Also, I've forgotten how to submit a bug.
  6. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

HelixHibrow wrote:
    Simply type /bug ingame to bring up the UI and fill it out =)
  7. ARCHIVED-RDMgryphon Guest

Silken@Butcherblock wrote:
    Actually the earrings are on the Far Seas faction merchant. So sorry you're going to find it before the fix. :/
  8. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Rael@Mistmoore wrote:
    The earring, which is part of a set with a belt, drops in the TS missions and is most definately not on the merchant, any merchant
    It is lore no-trade, the belt that is the other half of the set is on the merchant, but the earring is only from a chest in a TS mission.
  9. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

HelixHibrow wrote:
    Ok, I have both the Artisans and Crafters sets of earring and belt and mine do not say anything about -5% to durability.
    Both of mine say +5% to Durabilty on them (for set bonus), on each piece. So where are you seeing this negative amount showing up?
    The buff "Tools of the Trade" gives +5% when both items are worn and that's what displays in my spell effects window, "Increases Durablity by 5%".
    Where are you seeing the -5% displayed? I can't find that displayed on either of my sets.
  10. ARCHIVED-Garnaf Guest

That exactly it. The set bonus is actually increasing all durability CHANGES by 5%, so when you gain, you gain 5% more, when you lose, you lose 5% more.
  11. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

Dranikos@Butcherblock wrote:
    Since I don't seem to be able to see this in my characters can you tell me where you see this displayed so I can see if the same is true for my characters who have this gear please?
  12. ARCHIVED-Nebbeny Guest

It's not displayed as per se, it's worked out using mathmatics and logic. The product of a negative number and 1.05 (the 5% increase) is a greater negative number, thus a decrease to durability. If you record the standard durability change you would see for something (for example, on a success whilst using only the -dura + prog, depending on your level, it'd be negative) for example, -19 dura. With the earring on, logically speaking and mathmatically speaking, it should now become -20 (rounding up the .95 to 1). I havn't tested it because i dont have the required items, but thats one way you could check it. Speaking from a common sense PoV and not logic, it shouldn't affect the negative values at all, it's supposed to be a buff, not simply something that boosts your dependency on the RNG (larger your numbers both negative and positive, the more you need RNG to be friendly if you start edging near the empty pristing durability bar).
  13. ARCHIVED-Bratface Guest

I have to say I was skeptical, even doubtful....
    But I am a believer now after seeing on both my toons and a friends that wearing the +durability gear makes the changes in any durability more extreme, not just making posiitive durability changes better but making the bad ones worse as well.
    I hope they look into this and fix it soon, so I can go back to wearing the items again.