Problem using Potion of Amnesia!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Bashem, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Bashem Well-Known Member

As title states was using Potion of Amnesia the other night to change my char name after checking name on EQ2U and it show name being used on another server but not the everfrost server that I am on. It says name in use so what does that mean someone has name not logged on for years and not in EQ2U database. Think I could get name if I petition? Prob not figured I ask here anyways.
  2. Xillean Well-Known Member

try and add the name to friends, not every name will show up on eq2u. And no you wont get it no matter how long they have been gone, they stopped doing that a long time ago mate. If you cant add them to friends on your server then try and petition and see whats up with the name but the likely cause is there is someone on your server with the name, they just aren't showing up on eq2u.
    macatk and Malleria like this.
  3. Meidjum Active Member

You can opt out of EQ2U so a toon may not appear on it, but still be in game. While logged in, you can try to "add as friend" the name of the toon you want to use and it will come up as not used or being used.
  4. Bashem Well-Known Member

Ok I just tried adding it to friends list and it was added. :( Bummer I really wanted that name but thanks for the add as friend advice Xillean. That will help with my next name I find to see if its available. :)
    Xillean likes this.