Problem finder?

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-LordTwisted, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-LordTwisted Guest

Just wondering if Sony even has someone other then the board mods sifting through these forums and collecting info on the pros and cons of the problems people have been pointing out. I know they claim they are listing and have proven it more then once but are they hearing everything? I know with this big of a community it can be like sticking your head into a jar of screaming people and trying to pick out the ones making sense.

I was also wondering who was there making the choices on what gets fixed and what needs fixed, and who is there figuring out how to fix it. I know everything hits the test server before it comes to the live, but man some of these nerfs and such have been very lethal to us.

Everyday I read a new post about how someone is done with this game and I get worried. I know a few people leaving the game means nothing. But I am a hardcore gamer, with a very limited playing schedule so like to make the best of my game time. I find it harder and harder to play every time I log in. I know a lot of changes are for the better and I agree with 99% of them, but something happened recently and made it so I couldn't solo anything higher then green anymore. So in 6 hours I made 6% thats not good use of my time. I myself am tempted to leave the game, but hanging on in hopes that SOE will fix this and many other issues. I know resources at SOE are limited but I think they will get even more limited the more customers leave. It's up to SOE to save themselves and our game PLEASE!!!

I think a possible solution is randomly pick a group of people like 10 or 20 from each server, make sure that they are of all diffrent races and classes so that you get independent information. Possibly make it so that each person can not see others post so that their opinions are not inspired by them. Each person could report problems they have seen, and problems they have seen posted in the main forums and in the game by other players. Kind of a post patch policeing system. I think once they have submitted a problem they could rate it and place it in a category like the /bug command does. It would be like haveing testers in the game.

Just a thought. I feel SOE needs to do something to show us that we can help them, we all want this game to be the best. I don't think it can be it's best without player input on a constant level. I'm sure you could find a million volunteers in a heartbeat.

I would also like to see the guide program open up a bit more, it needs to be big too, I know they will get a lot of questions for a very long time.