Problem Crafting AoM Purple Adornments

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kasa, Dec 28, 2014.

1. Kasa Well-Known Member

My husband tired to craft for me one of the new AoM Tradeskill Apprentice recipes purple adornment. The crafting interface would show what was needed to be countered, but the buttons were empty with no ability to counter so it failed. It ate 2 Far Seas Kindling = 70 Far Seas Ferrin, & one Transcendent Quintessence. He is using the default EQ2 interface. If any Dev, GM, or any red name can let us know when this is fixed, that would be great!

Thank you
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipes are adorning. If the toon isn't already an adorner, you need to go to the Butherblock Docks and learn adorning and buy the adorning reactions.
    Shmogre likes this.
  3. Heinzbuck New Member

This happened to me also. The problem is the recipes say Artisan on them, and they are not RED like other adorning recipes so one assumes anyone can craft them. It is only when you inspect further that you realize it's adorning 500. I believe it should be much clearer that you cannot make these if you do not adorn because it seems like you can given that you can scribe them on any crafter. Also you can try petitioning. I did and they gave me everything except for the far seas kindling (which for me is the longest to get) But it's something.
  4. Kasa Well-Known Member

Thank you for the info! I will try a petition.
  5. Canth Active Member

Can this get fixed please? I was lucky that I made mine on my adorner, but I've heard a lot of horror stories of people losing their mats because they didn't have any idea that they needed to be at least a beginning adorner to make these.
  6. Guiscard Active Member

You can't raise your adorning skill to 500 until you hit your tradeskill level of 99. The game considers your adorning level MINU all the bonuses and gear you might have to raise. it. I had adorning at 530 with gear but I could not scribe a recipe which said adorning 500 until I reached max level in my Tradeskill.

Remember there is an adorning instructor in the Coalition of Tradeskills in Freeport which will get you mats and all and a recipe to craft which will raise you adornment skill if you are below the level of your main tradeskill.
  7. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

The problem in this case is while the skills to do the recipe are 500 adorning, to scribe the recipe requires Artisan - ie, any crafting class, no secondary required.

These need to be switched either to a basic level of adorning required to scribe/research, or using one of the generic counters sets rather than the adorning set. At least could it check if a character has the adorning counter abilities, and if the person doesn't put up a warning that you do not have the mandatory skill required?
    Shmogre and Kuulei like this.
  8. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Greetings Everyone,

Thank you for the reports. As some players have stated in this thread, the recipes are Level 100 Artisan to research, but they are a recommended 500 Adorning Skill to actually craft. I'm passing along this information so the devs can take a look at it.

This is a very good suggestion!
    Shmogre likes this.
  9. Wintir Active Member

Hi Afista,

Trying to monitor which toon has researched what recipe, never mind if they have the appropriate adorning skill, is driving me bonkers :confused:

How about allowing the tradeskill assistants giving us heirloom recipe book that players can pass along to their primary (only?) adorner. This would allow us to better organize and track what we have and don't have.

P.S. The TAs say that the reward is a recipe book, not an auto-scribed recipe.
  10. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I have 2 accounts with at least 6 crafters each, so does my gf. We just made a list and update it when the next one is researched, Wintir. :p
  11. Smite Active Member

I got /pwned by this recently too. If you have to be an adorner there should be 'guard rails' to prevent people from accidently thinking they can craft it. Lots of people understand crafters. Fewer went out of their way to become transmuters, adorners, and tinkerers.
  12. Crychtonn Active Member

These are adornments. Why would people assume you wouldn't need to be an adorner to make them?? Ya, it's dumb it lets you purchase the books. They should show as Red like any other receipt book that's not your chosen profession. That part should be adjusted in game.

They are adornments though :rolleyes:
  13. Purrako Active Member

It is not just from purchased books.
    It is also from the tradeskill apprentice.
    Why would suddenly my tradeskill apprentice offer to research item recipes that my crafter can't make?
    When you look at the recipie it says artisan. It does not say adorning until you examine it a second level.
    Seems similar to how my alchemist got recipies for rings in a prior expansion from the tradeskill apprentice. Yet my alchemist did not need to go learn a new skill set before making a mastercrafted ring.
    Or better yet in the new AoM tradeskill timeline my provisioner is now making furnature on a saw without needing to go buy new reaction arts.
    So what if these new items my apprentice offers to teach are adornments.
    It offered to teach other things way outside of my character's crafting profession many time. And they worked just fine.

So really it was not so obvious to some of us that suddenly apprentice recipes were offering items we could not make.
    It said artisan, everything else that said artisan worked without issue.
    VeilShard and Wurm like this.
  14. Altaholic New Member

I haven't read every post but I too have had problems with the new recipe books for purple adorns. Unless I'm missing something the solution seems simple. Last expansion, the books required Adorning skill to scribe, not Artisan. Which is the skill you need to make the item. Change the books from Artisan to Adorning to scribe. Why was this changed anyway?
  15. Prrasha Well-Known Member

Putting them on the apprentice in addition to the merchant was a mistake. (Same for all the researched-and-also-dropped scholar-only grandmaster recipes given to all nine classes.)

But without all of those, all we got was mental arrows and icy weapon augs from Colossal Reactant V2.0. I'm not sure why the design decision was "you can research lots of stuff you can't make" instead of "nothing new to research", but there you have it.
  16. brokenshieldd Active Member

Can some one tell me how these new Purple Adornments work? I have 2 of the same type that give 1 to cb and if you look at the bottom of it say 1-7 of these will give u 10% So is that 10% for each one you have in your armor or is that 10% if you have 7 of them?

I have drunk way to much ale and i just don't understand
  17. Akina_Storms Active Member

these are set adornement, and work like set of armor.
    if you got 1 adornement on your armor, you gain the effect of the adornement, AND the '1' set bonus.
    if you got 2, you gain the '1' and '2' bonuses.
    etc, if you get 7, the '1' to the '7' bonuses. (and still the effect of the adornements themself)
    brokenshieldd likes this.
  18. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok I think I understand this now and ty for the info =)