Pristine bonus changes coming

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Feb 15, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-LaeliaJS Guest

Got unlazy with my armorer and tried this out. Before this, crafting all the pristines would give me about 1/3 a level and then I'd finish it off with writs. Now, doing writs are giving me about 25% of a level per writ, which is a very significant upgrade from before.
    Doing the SF crafting timeline got me from level 83 to 88 starting out with no vitality, since I had done every handcrafted combine before knowing this was live and also ground from 76 to 83 via writs. Doing the Velious questline will probably cap me out at 90. Haven't tried the Mara daily quests yet, though I think those give AA instead of tradeskill exp. Overall I feel this is a very positive change, especially for classes who don't have all that many recipes. It made the 80-90 grind a lot more bearable, that's for certain.
    One minor suggestion I have is for tradeskilling exp (or at least non-writ exp) to convert into AA when a crafter is capped at 90, like adventure exp does. Anyone trying to grind AA by tradeskilling is going to be putting in way more work than someone slaughtering masses of green mobs, after all.
  2. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

I just have to chime in and say I like this change and thank you for it. It was just way too unfair and unbalanced how easy it was for scholars to level and everyone else had to do so much more work for it. And I have both scholar and non-scholars so I know how it is from both sides.
  3. ARCHIVED-Sunlei Guest

The removed, first time make, bonus= adventure exp. named first kill bonus.

This change sucks, it is boring!
  4. ARCHIVED-Therendil Guest

I have gotten another crafter from 80 to 90 and have massively leveled up several others. It is all so much easier under the new system because of the writ bonus XP.
    The most interesting thing I discovered was that base XP for doing an even-con recipe is the same regardless of your level. You heard that right. If you do a level 10 combine at level 10, you get 150XP base. If you do a level 90 recipe at level 90 it's the same. I noticed when I re-spec'd a crafter and had to start grinding from level 9. I was startled by how fast it was going despite the loss of first-pristine XP. Then I realized I was getting the same base XP as my higher level crafters. That made it easier to get the level 20 where I could start grinding writs.
    -= Therendil =-
  5. ARCHIVED-Elifin Guest

Therendil wrote:
    +1
    I was originally opposed to the new way of leveling but I couldn't be happier now.
    I got her from 77 to 85 quickly with writs then went straight to DoV trade content and leveled to 90 with the quests. (she's a provi)
    Domino you've done a brilliant job yet again and I'm finding this expansion all I want to do is craft!
  6. ARCHIVED-NardacMM Guest

This change works even better in practice than it looks on paper. Good stuff
  7. ARCHIVED-Zylon2404 Guest

Thanks from me for the work put in here
    I have found the change to be very good indeed. I really like it having experienced the evolution in TS from patterns, wash, ink and threads etc with each Tradeskill to this system where writs and crafting has become quick and productive.

One suggestion, and other have mentioned this, what about an option to create a more of a product?

eg, an option (perhaps a little clicky dot on the "create" screen, near the "disable harvest depot" box) to create 1, 5 or 10 that would take a proportional amount more time and raws, but delivers a larger stack of something in the end - it would work well for food, ammo, furniture & house items, totems, bags, boxes, potions, harvesting tools etc.