Primordial Adornments: Are they worth using on all gear?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Lyyle, Jun 18, 2017.

1. Lyyle Member

So far I have managed to acquire the fragments for the first 5 primordial adornments and I have plenty of spare harvests for amalgamations. What I am wondering is how to distribute them? Is it better to have one or two per toon or load them up on one? Is there any particular class that benefits most from having them? Thanks in advance
  2. Melt Actually plays the game

Are you talking about the primordial white adornments? Because those really aren't worth using on ANY character.
    Mermut likes this.
  3. Lyyle Member

Yes, the white ones. I have characters ranging from lvl 30 to lvl 95, but am a returning player. I started the lower level ones so I could catch up on all the new stuff and not be so overwhelmed, but info on the primordial adornments is very vague. Potency is something I've never much taken into account so the value of something that offered little else was a mystery. 1 potency vs 20 ability mod? When I took a break from playing they had just introduced adorning so I'm kind of struggling with making comparisons.
  4. Melt Actually plays the game

Probably sounds a bit elitist, but I REALLY wouldn't worry about adornments whatsoever until level 100. They make a very tiny difference before then.
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I disagree. Adding adornments makes you more powerful, and lower level adorns can often be had from the broker at insanely cheap prices. When I was grinding up Tinkering skill, I would make a bunch and throw them on the broker, where the prices hovered at around the "suggested price" level.

In current Kunark Ascending content, potency needs to be quite high, so I think most people are getting more bang for their adornment bucks using potency adorns over the primordials.

If a character hasn't done Quo Augren's harvesting quests, I'd highly recommend going and doing them. If you get the raw for a primordial adornment while harvesting for these quests, craft it up and use it as long as there aren't better white adorns for the zones you are playing. Quo's questline rewards some very useful things, including very good cash rewards for your lower level toons, plus the Cloak of the Harvester, the Artisan's Pack Pony, and the Artisan's Fully Trained Pack Pony.