Priest Epic 2.0

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Daalilama, Dec 13, 2016.

1. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Nor should they!

The epic quests are meant to be an epic adventure filled with mystery and excellent lore. Not some 1 week thing and suddenly ur as powerful as the gods.

Thats why the 1.0 epic quest was so amazing, people had to put in effort. I hope the devs dont give away anymore hints.
    -Soteria- likes this.
  2. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Ethernere recon was a bust. I'll be looking through the sig quest line to see what's there this evening.

I suspect a few things but they may only apply later; I'd suspected Setri's turn, seeing as I'd sussed out that anagram a couple of years back...plus any defiler with their epic done is hauling around something with one of Terris Thule's epithets on it! Might be a hint, might not.

The landmass New Halas is on may be a point of interest.

Somebody last night speculated chronomancers may be involved. Might want to look at some of the suspect zones chrono'd down to be level-appropriate.

Of course I might want to actually hit Thaum 5 first, but I want to know if anything changed is immediately obvious...
  3. Ronjah Active Member

There were fewer zones. It was possible to scan for zone objects (maybe it still is). But mostly the amount of servers and server population was abundant in 2007 compared to now.
    Feldon likes this.
  4. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Honestly, I like it better this way. More like the good old days. Makes me feel like, when I do get it, I've earned it.
  5. Mrmacky Active Member

Yes the epics are like Bilbo shouting "I'm Going on an adventure! " which we all know that didn't end in one movie...
    Feldon likes this.
  6. Mrmacky Active Member

Pretty soon you'll be chased by weird ghost men who ride in slow motion with an orchestra behind them who somehow are afraid of water.
  7. Mrmacky Active Member

Get your finger bitten off by a weird albino Persian gnome who just wants to find Precious his beautiful girlfriend from the movie. Perhaps you can get your finger back as a reward and wear it as a greater relic charm.
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

The only problem with sig line clues is having to remember exact text from a month ago when I finished it :(
  9. Genmarion New Member

I also didn't pay attention like I should have. Hive mind, what are the archetype quests (any?) for priest from the last several xpacks. Any heritage, sig, big quests, items, lore etc that was heavily for or about priests? What's special about us, or specific to use we're not thinking about? What languages do priests know? What factions? What things stand out for priests?

The only thing I can think of is the class debuffs and maybe the turtle shield, but I did those back in the day and nothing so far. Any other thoughts?
  10. Edrickx Member

I do not play a priest at all, but I have been watching all the archetype "Epic 2.0 Starter" starter threads. Here is my reasoning, Kander gave the same hints/riddles to everyone, not one to priests, one to mages, one to scouts and one to fighters. I have also read a few times that the quest starters are archetype specific. This would mean that all 4 would be in the same relative area/zone. So if one is found, likely the others will be found as well or shortly there after.

Secondly take a look at the new purple runes most are sporting on their gear, they have set effects like "Pingyuan Diqu", "Paixao", "Zou Kunnen" and "Aniquilacion". The primary runes being "The Ascesion of (Life, Love, Magic, Destruction)" and to me those look like archetypes, even their set effects do as well. I can also tell you that the set effect names are found elsewhere in the game, all 4 in the same relative area in the same zone.....

Next, a riddle was posed by Kander that went "I am the beginning of the end, the end of time and space, I am essential to creation, and surrounding every place." To which everyone has said it means E (because it is a common riddle you can google the answer to or "Vale" as it is the 2nd of 2 riddles he gave us and the first seemed to be "River", but what if we have this one or both wrong? Try this...

The beginning of the end: "The"
    the end of time and space: "E"
    essential to creation: "R"
    surrounding every place: "air, nothingness, emptiness"

Answer: Theer

If you remember fighting Roehn Theer there are 4 platforms in his room, each one had a rune on it, those runes share the names of the new set bonuses. Each represented a tile on the floor which also represented the skills of an archtype. My guess is that we have to somehow interact with the rune's platform to (click it, stand on it, maybe an item on it that wasn't there before)
    Ronjah likes this.
  11. Luzar New Member

When i think of it arnt the shape of the runes for theer fight same as rune shapes and colors that show up in ritual chamber heroic and solo?
  12. Genmarion New Member

13. Conifur Well-Known Member

"Then came the Nameless, He who created all things and He who shall end all things, and He sent forth His avatar into the world saying “Keep thou the balance, that no lesser God shall rise all powerful, and that neither Light nor Dark shall reign supreme.” And thus did Roehn Theer the Godslayer come to Norrath"

I am liking the Theer connection.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

"But the Gods wished not for balance and together they caught the Godslayer unawares and threw him into the Void and bound him there, that they might advance their own ends in Norrath without fear of reprisal. And once more did Norrath tremble and all the races of Norrath bowed down before the Gods and the Gods strode without fear among men and we were much afraid…"

Betrayed, just like the 3 quest in the Sig Line - all about betrayal.
  15. Necrotix New Member

The Riddles given are very common and are quite old, they are just a troll and need to be ignored. People keep mentioning them and they mean nothing, they are simply from a list of riddles on a website. People need to stop wasting time looking into them, with people spending time looking in the wrong direction it's going to take a long time to ever find anything.

They said it was lore, look into the lore, follow the breadcrumbs. Work from facts that we know. There will be clues that just haven't been noticed, there's a reason why they said NPCSay being disabled would be an "epic" failure.
    Billzbub and Ronjah like this.
  16. Edrickx Member

Been posting some findings on scout epic 2.0 thread. Found a new catche zone so far.
  17. Genmarion New Member

The one Canth told you was channeler epic 1.0 starter?
  18. Edrickx Member

No, the cache zone ended up being a tank only instance. But not all tanks could get in, just paladin and guardian confirmed so far.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know an SK who got in as well. It seems more likely it has to do with pre-reqs, not type of tank.
  20. Conifur Well-Known Member

With the message saying not to have that chat turned off I feel it is not going to be something clickable. I think it is going to be you run by someone and they say something as the start.