Priest Epic 2.0 - Phase 2 Great Divide Fight

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Derfel, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Derfel Active Member

How exactly is this supposed to work? First run I tried to molo like I had all the previous steps, got splattered. Formed a group of guildies, got splattered. Added a second group of guildies to make an x2 raid, got splattered. We've made significant progress in current gen raid zones, though not to the end of one yet, and these three mobs can slaughter us with no discernible effort. I had assumed like the original epic there would be a solo to group to raid progression, not a solo to "we laugh at your raid" path. Is this bugged or are we expected to conquer the whole expac and show up with a full x4 fully geared raid force to kill 3 triple ups?
  2. Faillen Member

Yeah, asking this myself.
    Our full group (tank, dps and 3 healers) who does not bad in T2 heroics got wiped within seconds. That can't be serious !
  3. Chiffon Active Member

Those mobs in GD are wicked and I'm hoping they get adjusted after DB comes back from the holidays. In the mean time, some folks have had luck by charming one of the mobs and sending it in to help kill.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

What I hear you saying is that people used strategy to win the fight. Hmmmmm. Interesting. :rolleyes:
  5. Deathborne New Member

It's not a hard fight, like Dude said, just takes a little strategy. And no, I'm not a " x4 geared raider". It is an easy fight that needs no adjusting.
  6. Derfel Active Member

I see the "stop sucking" crowd has arrived. Thanks for the constructive help. No fight where 8 to 10 people can be one shotted with no emotes icons to cure or warning and the mobs take almost no damage in spite of raid dps (resolve checks made) whether they're together or separated (we tried that) can be characterized as easy. Try getting over yourself.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

My suggestion is 2 healers, one being a shaman and strong dps for the other 3 (non-tank) slots. Have everybody return to the stone table with the clicky after the port. It's a bit chaotic, but doable. Also get fear immunity if possible. Either from the war rune (priest/mage only) or from the Endless Bottle of Courage from the Mushroom merchant dude in Thalumbra.

My group was SK, warden, mystic, swashy, wizzie, briggy.
  8. Yahku Active Member

Yes, definitely needs a revision. Its doable, but it requires far more brute force than a good group-only-group usually can throw in. And the so called "strategy" consists of the KA-fashionable "You cannot do anything because of 'No Hostile Spells' "combined with massive ports and bugged environment (enemy directly before you is not visible!).
    Try to bring the necessary defense to survive it and focus one to reduce the chaos.
  9. Sennen Well-Known Member

You're not meant to take on all 3 at once... Charm Creature works on these
  10. Terryberry New Member

Charm Creature does not work on these 1-18-18 (per Wiki, verified 1/19/17)
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

The fight is significantly easier then it was when it first came out.. even if you don't count newer better gear and 10 lvls.