priest dps

Discussion in 'Priests' started by The Jones, Jan 1, 2013.

1. The Jones Active Member

I'm a little curious as to how people would rank the priest classes in order of dps. When I got back in to the game I was expecting furies to be at the top of the list, but I haven't seen those results personally. I have 4 healers maxed out and they are all in basically the exact same gear (CoE advanced solo jewelry/weapons and a mix of CoE/Skyshrine armor). Everyone one of them is currently reforged to melee so they all have about 200 haste/dps and 100% casting speed/reuse and 600 MA. Here is the amount of dps I average when self buffed:

• Inq / Warden: 75K dps
    • fury 55K dps
    • defiler 50K dps
    I would imagine my fury would outparse the others on larger AE fights, but it still seemed odd to me that a fury would parse that much lower than an inq/warden. I've tried both melee and pure caster specs for the fury and get nearly the same results.
    If I had to guess I would expect mystic to be in line with the inq/warden for dps and a templar would be near a defiler, but what do you guys think? Do my results seem strange?
  2. Silzin Active Member

From my observations Mystics will parse around the Inq and Warden, but also i have seen Defilers parse up with them also. I have not seed a good parsing Fury in the last 2 years or more so cant say. As for Templars they will parse very low normally vs the others like 15-20k normally, but that be that most good templars i know work more of healing and not dpsing.
  3. Elhonna Member

Single target in endgame gear, I am around 130-140k on epic dummies, I can't really get a good parse on grouped any more, they die too fast. Pushing 800-900k on AoE trash parses in PoW some nights, though. Around 300-450 (depending on what procs hit) is where I top out on single target trash. Get up around 320-350k max on the named in there if we actually get a good burn pull.

Inqs get me on single target, and can get me on AoE stuff if they have good AE auto occasionally. Same with mystics. Haven't seen a good parsing warden in forever, so not sure how they do these days personally. I've seen templars that could parse close to defilers, though both classes lag quite a bit behind all the other priests when we're going full out dps.
  4. Ladymist Well-Known Member

55k is low for fury dps 70+k is around where you should be. my fury does 90+k easilly but isnt endgamed geared out yet
  5. Torri Active Member

I don't play Fury, but is there a better option for adorning/reforging than melee? Just from the viewpoint that they are the casting Druid while Warden is the melee one? I know that those things will help the Fury's auto-attack, but the Inq and Warden buff to their melee strengths, where the Fury buffs casting damage better
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

The only reforge stat that is likely to help with spell dps to any appreciable amount is ability mod. That being said.. furies can still cast all of their spells and spell dps while doing melee auto-attack. The damage from the spell ranged auto-attack is abysmal, and it's easy to pick up between 20-40k dps from just reforging all the spell weapon <stuff> to melee stats (dps, haste, MA) and going in and doing untimed auto-attacks between all your other spells.
  7. The Jones Active Member

Thanks for the replies! Since my original post I noticed that I screwed up a bit of my reforging on the defiler and after fixing it he's doing about 60K. As for my fury, out of habbit I was timing my auto attacks and that was clearly a mistake. I'm now dealing around 65K with my fury as well once I started ignoring my auto attack timer.

So after one more round of fixing things on my end I have the following results. This is all on 2 minute fights against a single epic training dummy:

• warden / inq - Still at 75K dps
    • fury - 65K dps
    • defiler - 60K dps
    Given that my fury would probably crush the others in an ae fight I think this looks pretty reasonable. Considering that I have the luxury of having loads of CoE advanced solo gear in my bank I wish I had a templar/mystic to test as well, but oh well.
    A few thoughts:
    • Still a bit surprised that I was able to parse that high with a defiler, but from what you've all said I guess they can dps a lot better than I thought.
    • Melee seems to be the way to go as a fury. I wasn't parsing nearly this high when I was fully speced as a caster. Even with un-timed auto attacks my melee was 35% of my parse and that was at least twice as much as my next most damaging ability
    • Not to change the subject too much, but given my results I am thinking of rolling in to the harder content with either an inq or a defiler because of the heal mechanics. As much as I love the druid cures/tools the HoT''s just don't seem as reliable. If you have a crazy tank that's hard to keep up with, or if you have a paper tank, or you get an untimely stun/stifle/interrupt the group could easily wipe in a hurry. Those problems are much less of a problem when you can precast wards/reactives
  8. The Jones Active Member

9. Tigerr Well-Known Member

As an inquisitor in higher end gear, I can push around 220k on a dummy ( Did a quick one other week) and in raids it would really depend on alottt of stuff. Remember, you can always establish a base of what your dps will be. The procs/buffs/temps that you will get being in a group will make a huge difference. Being an inquisitor, any melee buffs that certain utility provides is pretty legit overall. The inquis AA setup you have going on is pretty good and there is really nothing wrong with it. Only thing i'd do is grab the Diety pet increase over the mana. I'm assuming you are timing auto and using your CA's instead of the spell version of most. Just really depends on the encounter and how you weave in your CA's/spells in between auto. Also, get some adorns =p

Edit- prolly way more than 220k, gonna do another soon as the DM hysteria dies down abit =p
  10. Balbasur Active Member

Please don't say you have high end gear.
  11. Lamatu Active Member

My advice to the OP would be to respec the Prestiege tree and do the double dip and get both CB and Potency from both sides. The Warden can still get Windblade and the extra 2 points goes into CB proc. I would also fill every white adorn with 5MA where you can as that allows you to reforge into other things like AE auto or Haste for more flurry when over 300.

Taking both CB and Potency trees is always viable for a solo or molo spec or if you just don't care about stroking the epeens in your raid group.

You should also find 15 points in your Shadows tree for Elemental Mastery, Natures Storm and Chilling Winds for more DPS.

My Inquisitor spec if you wish to see http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/aas/871881218629
    Kraeref likes this.
  12. The Jones Active Member

Thanks for the replies.

Do these work on the combat art versions though? I didn't pick them because I thought it was only applied to the spells
  13. Lamatu Active Member

Yes they will apply to the combat arts.
  14. Tigerr Well-Known Member

Please don't say you are top brig WW...Lawlllllllllllllll...
    Seriously, just lol.
    The gear I have is going to have higher values than stuff that he has .That is why I said "higher" end. The earrings and what not aren't Avatar yet but, i'm sure he gets the idea.
  15. Kisy Active Member

For perspective....

I dont have anything but a few peices of ( SS ) raid gear ( EASY MODE as I am not a hardcore raider. Raid in a "raid for fun" group 1 night a week )... and my dps in a group is usually around 85K and raids ( depending upon the healing I need to do and the group make up as it isn't the same all the time ) I sit around 100-120K.
  16. Deadly Decorator Active Member

Furies can be good Melee healers, especially when they can spec into heal per hit count/spell hit. The only issue where you may find this a problem is when you cannot stand close to a mob to DPS because of AOES, or just because its done as a ranged fight in general (mostly if you are raiding).

I am also not completely sure because I haven't finished my research on it, but spell weapon attack/MA/DPS is only for Focused items (ranged) no? You happen to have a focus item on your fury now, but higher end range items for healers may not all be focus. Be sure to check that if you ever equip a new ranged item.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

The same goes for fury. Double conversion i found the best for my non-raiding fury. And i would suggest for OP instead of going all the way down the strength tree to get stamina tree down to serenity. Helps alot with stuns and stiffles. Strength tree is more for wardens than furys, but if OP consideres to go this way then aim for 600 MA and higher AE autoattack chance. Agree that ability mod is the best when reforging any spell weapon things on gear.
  18. Geothe Active Member

Stamina line does NOTHING against stifles.
  19. AricaJade Member

yes it does if u max out the 8 points in serenity. it adds on a stifle immunity/breaker while it's up to the stun immunity/breaker that the spell normally is
    Kraeref likes this.
  20. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Read Arica's reply.