Prestige

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by leethal1972, Jan 28, 2019.

1. leethal1972 New Member

Hey Guys, I just have a quick question about Rangers.
    1. In the Prestige tree, which side is more dominant for max dps?
    2. Or is running a dual spec better for the previous Xpac?

Big thanks in advance for any tips!
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

One thing I find helpful is to look at EQ2 Raid Progression and figure out the names of some top guilds, then go to EQ2U and look up those guilds and see how their members are specced and equipped. Some of a raider's choices are going to be based on their group and the group buffs they get there, but in general this can give you some ideas about what folks are chosing.

Do look at several toons in various guilds. For some classes there just isn't "one true way" to spec. If you see a bunch of variation, try to figure out what they're trying to do with each spec. Also remember that dead DPS classes do zero DPS while speccing and gearing.
    Prox and Breanna like this.
  3. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As usual, good advice from Sig. Let me add some additional feedback to her response. Note that she said "look at how members are specced and geared. Gearing will impact how a person does their AA spec, as better gear can obviate the need to augment missing stats through an AA spec. I tend to look at specs from both raiders and other players with comparable gear to my own if I'm comparing stats/AA specs. People make the mistake of copying a raider's spec thinking it must be good and it is, but it's also reflective of their gear, adorns, imbuing, reforging, etc. It can be an excellent guide to their thinking, but just don't follow it blindly. Trust me, they probably didn't start out with that spec when they created the toon, but modified as time, their skills and gearing allowed for changes. Have fun researching!!
    Prox and Breanna like this.
  4. leethal1972 New Member

Big thanks guys for the helpful advice, and ty for your time!
    I will take this into note and commit to memory and digest this fully of
    what I need to do.
    Breanna likes this.