Prestige Server Poll

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Livejazz, May 10, 2016.

1. Livejazz Well-Known Member

You gave us 3 choices, but a 4th -- neither of the above -- would have been really appreciated :(
  2. a_shrubbery Active Member

Exactly. The poll is skewed. I deleted mine.

I genuinely have no interest in either option, and the poll seemed to come out of nowhere.

(edit) Clarifying : the second option isn't too bad... but personally I feel THIS is the mmo where I really have no interest in racing. I thought racing was cool in Path of Exile.. but in EverQuest II ? It sounds like an incentive for organized guilds. May as well call it "guild competition server".

But the most interesting question came out on general chat : how are those "prestige" servers going to affect TLE's population?

Also as a suggestion / Idea : why not create parralel sort of system perhaps that keeps people on the same server, while creating those incentives and stimulating profits for the game producers?

For example why not create some sort of "paragon" system like Diablo III has, while keeping the progression going. And once paragon characters have reached their goals, give them some title, and other fluff. And that way you keep the sevrer population healthy? Just an idea.

For example to be reborn in a different race, or class, and reach endgame again. And then add some Guild Wars 2 style Hall of Monument .. and then you have a system for endless "seasonal" content.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

I have an idea - how about they just make all the heirloom items tradeable on Live servers, like they started to do a few years ago and never finished? (IE: Freeport hero festival goblets are tradeable, but the Qeynos version is still heirloom)

Can we finish that instead of offering it as another unneeded server?
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Another voice here for a 'none of the above' option.
  5. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Prestige servers -- just another way to keep recycling old content. We neither want nor need such a thing. It just takes resources away from fixing things and creating new content.
  6. Arielle Nightshade Well-Known Member

What would be the difference between a prestige server that raced to end game content and any other server? Not new, not different.
  7. Nathdar Member

None of the above was not offered. Where did this idea come from? How random. I think it will be safe to assume that those who delete and do not respond, do so because there were not enough options. Heck, there wasn't even enough information to make an informed decision. Can we have a more informed and better prepared re-do? Pretty please with sugar on top?
  8. Thechurchofgixx Active Member

OMFG NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We don't already need another TLE wanna be server taking all the focus from the real servers.. the real problems........ I deleted it.
  9. Blaupunkt Active Member

Another Non of the above vote, dont see the point, hardly enough population to go around as it is.
  10. Billyrayy Active Member

None of the above vote here. Plenty to fix on live servers.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Sure, add another server so more loyal players have less desire to play because you don't have the time to fix existing problems. Allow transfers, so more characters can get messed up.
  12. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

It's interesting that after server merges, that something like this comes up offering ways to divide the player base up again. Every time the player base is divided, the game flounders. It would really be better to find a way to integrate features into existing servers instead of finding ways to split up the player base even more.

Without a "none of the above" option, I chose to delete the poll. If there is a mechanism in place that counts the deletion as "not interested in any of the options", deletion could show lack of interest in either choice. However, in spite of the poll stating deletion will not offer the poll again, it does, over and over again for each alt.
  13. Gnik Member

This poll was put out to make these servers happen, with none of the above missing , people will either answer one of the 3, or delete and then when the poll is tallied, the person who did it can say ... see 75% want one of the 3 answered, even if only 10 people may have responded and they will do it. This is the same way they did the prestige housing.

Please just fix the current game, and give us better thought out content, and people will play

Thanks
  14. a_shrubbery Active Member

Also the way it is phrased it implies, for less discerning players, that they are doing a good thing to participate and that deleting the poll is being uninterested in the poll altogether, or doing the lazy choice. It's not.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

The only way I could see this be interesting is if there was no marketplace, no /claim and there was permadeath (with a twist: you can be resurrected by another player, but if you click the "revive" button, your toon is deleted along with all items on that character, including housing and banked items). Now I could see where that would be a challenge.
    Sejreia and Livejazz like this.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

Do they ever listen?.....it's all the No Trade stuff that annoys the heck out of players not so much the heirloom stuff. At least heirloom can be traded to other toons on your account.
  17. Arandar Well-Known Member

Agreed. This looks like a complete waste of developer resources when they already have their hands full with the standard servers and TLE.
  18. Evilnok Active Member

19. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Count me for "None of the Above". Save the cash for a proofreader. o_O
  20. Sandyfoot Well-Known Member

If the Heirloom tag no longer existed, the items that show up in the Auction channel with the familiar "SLR" could be sold on the broker instead.
    Sejreia, DoomDrake, Livejazz and 4 others like this.