Prestige Housing Feedback

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Feara, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Really! Cool! I'll have to try that approach; I just presumed it would open out into the new scary version from the Peat Bog, for instance. ;->

On the other hand, maybe we should keep quiet about it, lest the Powers That Be "fix" the "problem"... :-/

Uwk
    aspekx likes this.
  2. aspekx Well-Known Member

by the way Uwkete, i am now known as The Laser Guided Bomb of Forgiveness. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot!

Uwk
  4. grlnxtdr Active Member

I still don't understand what you mean when you say a prestige house like the Snowy Dwelling isn't "homey." The building it's self is small and cozy, and can be decorated to be very homey. If you are reffering to the large plot of Land surrounding it, a lot of people asked for more out doors areas to work with to make gardens and play grounds that add even more of a touch of Home to it.
    suka and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

I think the snowy dwelling is homey and cozy, and I'm proud to own one. My favorite home I think is still the halfpint vale, it makes a great nest for my provisioner elf to grow veggies on, for her many recipes.

For me the palatial and "colder" homes are like the grotto (cool zone and beautiful but nowhere near cozy or intimate) . The grotto, like so many of the huge zone homes, would have maybe made a better guild hall than a housing zone. That's just me, I'm a bigger fan of small and humble dwellings. My favorites on the leader boards are always little shops and homesteads. This may be my all time fave:

https://forums.station.sony.com/eq2...ots-a-palingman-village-800-400-v-chr.489278/

She or he took a breakout and made it truly special. It's not glitzy and has to ego to prove. I like her style so much lol but back on topic, I wish we could buy more dwellings like the recent snowy one, or the halfpint vale. The mistmoore home, it is gorgeous but we seem to have a fair bit like it, very gilded and large. Here is hoping for more cottages this year on the market. I'd really love it if those cottages were free standing like the treehouse. I'd absolutely buy them!
  6. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

To date, my favorite prestige homes are: Personal Dojo, Fright Manor (still working on mine), Snowy Dwelling, and Vale of Halfpint Delight. Why? Because they feel cozy to me and, when I'm done with them, always seem inviting. I don't think these houses are too small at all, and I would love to see more houses like these: small and cozy.

I have prestige homes of all shapes and sizes. I love blank-slate homes (like the Tenebrous Isle) and the large prestige homes, but my God... Half the time, I'm left wondering what to do with all that space. I almost always wind up blocking off rooms to make the space smaller, which is a shame. The rooms are all very pretty... But so. much. space. *boggles*

Can the spaces be personalized? Certainly. Can they be made to look good? Yes, but then you put a sofa in there at normal size, and it just looks like a little bit of rubble or a dust bunny compared to the massive expanse of the home. Either that, you wind up making an unrealistically giant feature to put in the middle of the space so that the tiny little sofa doesn't look so awkward in that giant room.

I'd love to see more places like Tenebrous Isle. I'd also love love love to see more places like the Snowy Dwelling and Fright Manor. Of course, that's just my opinion. I know there are some who'll disagree.

Oh, and more pre-fab houses (The igloo was great!) would be totally awesome.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Avahlynn like this.
  7. Feara Well-Known Member

No, no, no, you misunderstand. I don't think that about the Snowy, I think it's one of the published that does feel homey.

This is a lesson learned. I should of just let it go.
  8. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

I'm with Feara on this. Its about scale. The scaling is correct on both the Fright Manor and the Snowy Dwelling - enough so that furniture that gets placed doesn't get swallowed up by the looming walls and 100 foot ceilings. After buying so many of these prestige houses myself, I'm glad these last two are "homey".

Just got the Mistmoore Estates house - and I won't be bothering with this place at all. Same goes with Court of the Master, Dreadcutter, Secluded Sanctum... wish I could trade those back in for something useful.

In light of the scale of items vs. the house, I've mostly had trouble with things actually matching the existing colors of the house. In order for some of the furniture to be used, you basically have to re-skin the room with tiles / etc in order for it to even look correctly (not out of place).

But thanks for the Snowy Dwelling. Despite it's appetite to eat random items, I've fully enjoyed decorating it..
  9. mouser Well-Known Member

I'm with most people on the size of places.

At least with the Mistmoore vet reward I've got storage now for all my extra housing items :)
    Felwithe Mansion is another one that is just way too big for my tastes (I think it's Felwithe).

My current favorite is the Uncanny Estates: I turned it into a nice pub with gaming tables, and the 'Pub' type paintings right behind all the shelves, each covered with glasses. Redid the floors with some nice hardwood (my first project with the 'decorator' program). Haven't really done much with the upstairs yet other than put some artwork up though, and still need to put in the seating for the bar floor.

I agree about the Grotto. I'm regretting getting that one a little, but it is beautiful in the back. Maybe I'll just throw a teleporter in their so my poor frog won't have to hop all the way back there every time.

I love, love, love the Snowy House. And that was before I discovered all the floating islands you can go out on. I've got about 3k E'ci tokens I don't know what to do with, so maybe some rainbow bridges might be in order.
  10. Sapphirius Well-Known Member

That's what I use most of my characters' MMC estates and EF summer homes for... storage.
  11. Katz Well-Known Member

I think different people like different things. Some want a blank canvas, others just want to decorate a house that is there. I think a variety is appreciated. I love the snowy one and wish I had gotten the fright one. I'll get it next NOTD if it is available.
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I've always loved and been very impressed with roterHase's stuff (female, I believe)! Unfortunately, she hasn't played for years now, and Innovation was merged into......Storms? The only German server left, but Atmu is still on, I believe. The Palingman lake dweller village has always been my favorite of her many awesome projects. :)

Uwk
  13. suka Well-Known Member

yeah houses like the ones in eq1. just let us put them on the land in places like tenebrous. In eq1 i loved the 3 room house, but i also liked the little one room with a loft cottage there. the treehouse there is nice but not impressed with all of the big prestige houses we have. they are fun to decorate, but i still have 5 houses that i am wondering what to do with
  14. suka Well-Known Member

i went to a couple of them today approaching form the outside areas - alas the gates were sealed tight and the guards shrugged their shoulders when i asked questions
  15. suka Well-Known Member

if you find a way in, please let me know
  16. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Storms is the French server. Valor is the remaining German server.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

D'OH! Thanks, you're absolutely right. X-P

Uwk