Fixed Internally "Prestige AA's greyed out" is NOT resolved

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Occam, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Occam Well-Known Member

The bug posted here has been moved to "Resolved":
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ige-aas-greyed-out.597519/page-2#post-6640580

Here's the response it got:
    [IMG]

I feel the need to point out that this is not an acceptable dev response because this is NOT a fix, but rather a workaround. I've now had to do this workaround 5 times because the issue is not resolved, and it's a tedious process. This is definitely still broken, so please make sure it hasn't been tagged internally as resolved just because players found a way to get around the problem for now.
    ausfestivus, Tkia, Beee and 9 others like this.
  2. Ratalthor Developer

This issue is related to the saved state of a character's AAs. The only way to fix the issue is by clearing out your AAs.

If anybody has a character actively affected by this, send me your character name and server (privately) and we can investigate further. However, the fastest way to fix your character will be to just clear out your AAs.
    Breanna likes this.
  3. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

What do you mean by clear out your AA? I have rolled back and cleared all trees and respent my points but still get a weird bug in the Prestige tree.
    Gerak and Lateana like this.
  4. Gerak Well-Known Member

This workaround is unacceptable. I am not about to clear and respend AAs and Tradeskill AAs and Prestige AAs for all my 61 characters because all of them have prestige tree that shows 25/25, 25/25 and 20 still to be spent. This is a situation that started with the 12/15 patch for ROS. The clear-save-reapply workaround does NOT get rid of the 20 unspent points,
    Observing, Nunja and Smashey like this.
  5. Nunja Well-Known Member

I am still having issues after doing the "workaround" for weeks now. Frustrating is not even close to describing my feelings on this issue.
  6. Nunja Well-Known Member

Just redid again and still greyed out. FFS
    Beee likes this.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

clearing AA, saving them, and redo it does NOT solve the problem

I can only set 25/45 points in prestige with unassigined 20 points
    Nunja likes this.
  8. Lucutious Active Member

I replied to Ratalthor yesterday at around 2pm CST. I have yet to see a response, a fix on my toon, or anything else.

I guess in general I'm asking 2 things:

1 - Is there a wan we can tell in-game which achievements we still need to get for more AA's, perhaps in the Achievements tab or something like that

2 - Can the in-game UI just work. If it's a case of an invalid setup, the UI should not allow me to set it up. I think I can understand setting AA's to 0 and then respending them, but when I re-spend them it shouldn't bug it again. It just needs to work.
    Nunja likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I had a bunch of unspent points after a full rollback and re-spending AAs (Seriously Gerak? you refuse to do that? It took me all of 5 mins, I used my EQ2U profile as a reference to how I had originally allocated AA, but a screenshot of each of the tabs would also work!)

Initially in the Warlock Prestige Tree, my impulse had been to go with a lot of points in Ready-Up, but after reading comments here on the forums, I reworked. I changed AA and now have:
    • Precise Incantation
    • Expert's Understanding
    • Shared Expertise
    • Winter's Grip
    • Ready-Up (1 pt)
    Before, I had I think 16 or 17 points unspent in the tree that it wouldn't let me spend. Now I have all 41 points assigned, BUT the regular Prestige Tree now shows 29/41 and 16 unspent points, even though NOTHING changed over there. There are places where I could theoretically spend 16 more points, but it won't allow me to spend more points in that tree. (Before the AA changes, you could only have 25 points in that tree! I suspect this is where the problem lies!)

I have rolled back to a blank slate and Committed, then re-assigned AA, a couple of times, which did not fix this.

I think the UI is confused about how many points are allowed in what trees where. I also get differing results on where I can spend AA depending on the order in which I fill a particular ability.

TL;DR: QA, please test every single tree, filling in AA in different ways, and note the results.

While I am willing to blank and respend my AA, I am not willing to to hand-test every possible permutation of filling the trees when I know QA probably has some automated scripts to do that kind of testing, or should.
    Solarius likes this.
  10. Ixian Active Member

Hahaha...
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

5 x 61 = 304 mins. That's a little over 5 hours. I'd refuse to do it too!!
  12. Ratalthor Developer

Thanks everyone who resurfaced this and sent in character info.
    We have identified a visual bug that shows that you have more unspent prestige points than you can spend. The maximum prestige points a level 120 character with all 20 Reign of Shadows prestige points unlocked is 70.
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  13. Banana Tree Member

Where do we see how many points we actually have as opposed to potentially have?
  14. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Correct - I have gained a couple points from achievements in the last day but could not spend anymore.... is this being resolved today by any chance? Or do I need to completely erase my AAs again to spend the 2 new ones I got.

Also, a place to see how many of the new Shadow AA points we got would be great.
  15. Ratalthor Developer

Is anybody still encountering this issue?