Presenting... The EverQuest II Completist!

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Saw-Lau, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Saw-Lau Member

I've been an EverQuest II player, on and off, since Beta; but despite having an awful lot of fun (particularly playing with friends in the early days), I've never really got very far into the game. A combination of lack of confidence, restarting from first level continually, and breaks from the game/an increasingly diminished amount of time to play meant that there was a shed-load of things that I just never got round to doing back in the day.

Inspired by Bhagpuss's blog (where he continually talks about playing through expansion x's content, and with the realisation that now, with a dramatically-easier early game along with the addition of mercenaries, an awful lot of group (and maybe even epic) content that I've missed in the past would easily be within my reach, I decided at the end of 2016 to create a checklist of quests that would represent the main storylines of the game that would take me through everything that I missed in the past:

The EverQuest II Completist.xlsx

I tried to include everything that I considered 'core' to the game (which, amongst other things, it now a vast single-player RPG with a ridiculous amount of content), tailored toward a necromancer sage worshipping Bertoxxulous:
    • Heritage Quests
    • Signature Quests
    • Tradeskill quests
    • Main storylines from each of the expansions
    • Etc.
    I'm playing through this with a few self-imposed rules:
    1. Disable combat and quest XP until all of the quests at my current level have been completed (both in the list and those in my journal);
    2. If I stumble across a quest while travelling around and it's not too low level (i.e., there's still a feather in the mini-map), I have to pick it up;
    3. Repeatable quests need only be completed once.
    So far, I've only had to break these rules a couple of times:
    • I managed to pick up an Assassin Master's Cloak from some old Legends of Norrath boosters that I had, which gave me the Back in Fashion quest. Given that the other two items required for this are both booster drops, and LoN is now shut down, it's unlikely I'll ever be able to complete this. :(
    • I picked up Sundered Splitpaw: Gladiator's Triumph while running through Splitpaw, which turned out to be bugged and I had to delete it.
    • I just couldn't kill Emperor Fyst at 40 or 41, and had to level up to 42 to finally get him.
    I'd love to hear what you think of this idea, and whether or not you have any further suggestions for quest lines that I've missed out. Happy adventuring!
    Aussie_one, Dude, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  2. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Good luck and I have you have lots of fun! That is the main reason most of us play this game; FUN! And fun is how we find it and deal with it!
    Rosyposy and Saw-Lau like this.
  3. Breanna Well-Known Member

That sounds like a very good plan to me, and you should have a lot of fun doing it.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  4. Ellimist Active Member

I work backwards on my main completing each xpac where I've missed content. Its alot of fun. Doing it forwards I'd love to do it on a TLE server if I stop raiding.

The casual questing component of the game is actually one of the best aspects of EQ2 at the moment.
    Saw-Lau and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

You may want to check EQ2U leaderboards to find players with most completed quests and then to check Quest -> Quest Checklists of those players.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  6. Khieran Active Member

This is pretty cool. I've tried to complete all the quests in a zone, but it seems like there are always several that start somewhere else and send you to that zone - those are the ones I seem to miss.

I may "borrow" your spreadsheet! :)
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  7. Saw-Lau Member

Absolutely! It's all about having fun. :)
  8. Saw-Lau Member

Doing something similar on the TLEs was always my plan, but I was never quick enough to keep up!
  9. Saw-Lau Member

Please do!
    Khieran likes this.
  10. Mundar New Member

This is my absolute favorite way to play EQ2. I have started this trek a number of times. My favorite and most successful of these ventures was with a Progression guild on a standard server. We'd meetup Friday nights and raid and during the week we'd just do our own thing. I was by far the most fun I've had in EQ2 since early days. My completionist gene came in handy as I often was the one who had done the quest lines to get us access to certain zone. It was nice also because we set our own pace for progression. We weren't locked into waiting for votes to progress and weren't forced forward by time based progression server. If we thought as a group we had done all we wanted to do in an expansion. Unfortunately both life and some people moving to try the latest (at the time) TLE server stopped our journey. Maybe I'll have to try and start something up again.
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  11. Bremric New Member

This is really useful I missed alot of expansions and would like to play through them sequentially to experience the story etc.

Is there an easy way to identify which expansion the quests come from on the spreadsheet?
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  12. Saw-Lau Member

I've started to fill in this information - will let you know when it's complete!
    Bremric and Katz like this.
  13. Saw-Lau Member

Bremric and Katz - I've now finally finished this for the adventure quests.
  14. Levatino Active Member

playing to do every quest in game.

busy with my second char now

Playing the levellock way for ages, even made a guide for it
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  15. Saw-Lau Member

That's awesome!
    Levatino likes this.
  16. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Nice spreadsheet, Saw-Lau! I keep my EQ2 info in an Excel workbook, which currently has 72 worksheets in it. :cool:
    Saw-Lau likes this.
  17. Saw-Lau Member

Plus 1,000,000 likes for correctly using the term 'workbook.' :)
    Khieran and Rosyposy like this.
  18. Saw-Lau Member

...and even more finally finished it for tradeskill ones.
  19. Saw-Lau Member

Now contains a worksheet that records when each expansion has been completed.

(Hey, it keeps me happy!)
    Dude likes this.