Premium Racial disabled

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Volcanic, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Volcanic New Member

Why? Why? Why? I bought the races with my hard earned cash. I sub the game. Why oh why would you disabled my PREMIUM RACES ABILITIES.. What is the point in buying the races when I can't do their racial abilities.. you all Mess me up I would like other words but I can't.. If I buy something with my hard earned cash and can't use it fully why would I even sub or play your game.. why do you drive your players to leave the game.. Why do you even make it so we have to pay for the race but then tell us you can't use it.. why give it the abilities but tell us HAHAHA you can see what the race can do but you can't.. you like laughing at your players.. you like pissing them off? do you just hate your players? I was looking forward to playing the new races but now I REGRET even Subbin
  2. Razorback New Member

You know, the man does ask a valid question. After coming back to EQ2 after a long hiatus, I saw this note on the mouseover tooltip on my Freeblood ranger at Maj'Dul. Thought I'd use google to figure out why, and it dug this post up. Can someone please tell me why?
    Pantaro likes this.
  3. Dude Well-Known Member

What is disabled?
    Siren likes this.
  4. Suidakra Active Member

The Freeblood racials:
    * Reveal Inner Self - lets the character change from attractive to demonic in appearance.
    * Shadow Walk - Teleports caster to target when not in combat

Tooltip shows they are disabled because of server you're on.
    Pantaro likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

Might just be a tooltip error. I just used Reveal Inner Demon on my Freeblood on Maj'Dul. I had to turn off "hide illusion" to see it, but it worked just fine. I assume the same is true with Shadow Walk, but didn't try it.
  6. Suidakra Active Member

Might be. I just used Shadow Walk. Worked fine. Tool tip makes no sense.
  7. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Bug it.
    Siren likes this.
  8. Siren Well-Known Member

You say you're "at Maj'Dul."

Do you mean you're on Tarinax open PvP server in the zone of Maj'Dul? In which case, yes, OP racials have been disabled or nerfed way down on PvP servers since forever. Racials were making certain races ridiculously OP in every PvP fight. so the devs nerfed OP racial skills on the PvP servers, instead of having to eliminate premium races altogether there.

Or are you on the live PvE server Maj'Dul? In which case, maybe the tool tip description from Tarinax is erroneously showing on a live server. Are you sure the skill in question is really not working?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Suidakra Active Member

I'm on Hall of Fate. Tool tip says the same thing for me, but still works.
    Cusashorn, Siren and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

Yeah that's definitely a bug. /bug and /feedback the issue. I can't imagine that it would be hard to fix that.
  11. Unknown Entity Member

1 year 11 months later has still not been fixed on any of the premium races.
  12. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

You can still use the demon ability and the shadow step. I think the bug is the text appearing on the ability on live servers.
    Unknown Entity and Twyla like this.