Prefered Race For Innate Abilities

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by WarHawke, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Shazbot Active Member

For new players without good equipment scouts are less efficient at leveling because they don't have much in the way of AE's or self-heals and they don't wear plate.

For more experienced players who want to run all the content scouts are less efficient because mercs have trouble holding aggro from them and so they lose the back of the mob which is often the best source of damage for them.

There's a clear hierarchy of solo playability at this point that runs something like this: Inquisitor, SK, Warden, Berserker, Fury, big gap, Warlock, Necromancer, Summoner, Ranger, etc. Somewhere down near the bottom of the overall rankings are the scouts outside of the Rangers. This is because their ranged damage is not extreme and they don't heal much and they can't take a beating and the control that they have is time-consuming to put into play.

It's not that scouts are really bad at soloing as they used to be, it's that they're not great at it the way several classes are. In some other cases they just can't solo something that a tank with DPS plus a merc healer or a healer with DPS plus a merc tank or DPS can handle.
  2. aspekx Well-Known Member

i have to admit that my first reaction was that none of them were really all that important, even to someone min/maxing.

however, i will say that the most useful overall as been some sort of featherfall. i don't know of any quests or any player made items that offer that as a continuous buff. cloaks from the SC store are about it i think.
  3. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The cloud mount from the KOS quest line provides that effect. So does the Cloak of the Harvester from doing Qho's harvesting quest series. Probably other items as well.
    aspekx likes this.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

Any carpet type mount gives featherfall.
    aspekx likes this.
  5. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

6. Charlice Well-Known Member

Half Elf for tracking, or the fairy folk for glide.
    And go Fury for the ease of travel and just because they're awesome.
  7. Kalika Well-Known Member

You can buy or make feather fall cloak, 5 charges and it cost nothing (no need to equip them, just click them).
    My non fae/elf toons have 10 cloaks (50 charges) and the 50 charges appear if you use a single hot key.

The in combat speed buf is nice, there are many heroic and even raid situations in which running fast
    is handy or even important.

The buf is short but recast is very short too.

With tracking it's my favorite racial ability.
  8. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

What is the cloak called?
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

Prissetta likes this.