Prediction post-exile poll

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Shasta, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Shasta Active Member

A lot of people have hit 50 now, and remember that exile poll? Players voted no exile, but we have exile anyway, that poll?

Within the next couple weeks there will be some large exile guilds. Haven will be infinitely safer than any faction city, and I think that'll probably be it for PvP TLE. It will go from medium, to low population, and will probably start to die out altogether. Exiling will start sometime this week, and it'll slowly kill the server. No need to even discuss this thread, merely bookmark it, and revisit this post in a few weeks. There was a reason the poll for exile failed. Like many I loved exile, but it will kill the server, and that's why the poll (the one Daybreak ignored, and went against) ended the way it did.
  2. Fetish Well-Known Member

Commenting merely to make locating this post easier in a few weeks so that I can say "Pfffffffffttttt....looks like you were wrong!". In case I don't make it back, feel free to just bookmark this post, return in several weeks, and read this comment.
    Dread1313 and Charlice like this.
  3. Gromph Member

Yeah there was a reason for why it failed: it failed because the vote happened before most people playing on this server were here/capable of voting.

Why you think having a third FFA faction will somehow instantly destroy the server is beyond me. Cities won't be safe? What? The world is ending!

No need to discuss this thread because there is nothing of substance here.
    Fetish likes this.
  4. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

this could be a good troll thread. lets see how it goes.
  5. Milambers Active Member

In on last page.
  6. azcn2503 Active Member

People go exile so they have more PvP opportunities, not less.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  7. Shasta Active Member

Maybe I wrote it wrong, maybe you're not a good reader, but what I said was the Haven is infinitely safe. You cannot raid/enter Haven, there is no way to get into it like a faction city. It's not a third faction at all , it's an unfinished PvE leftover. Also to go to Haven you merely do a 5 minute quest, you cannot travel between good, and evil like this. It's easy mode for recruiting, crafting, banking, etc. It's basically like the only guild hall on Deathtoll. There are simply no drawbacks. Even the few drawbacks it used to have do not presently exist.

The public poll should have been honored, or they should have sorted it out like a real faction. The population is between, medium, and low as of now, and not honoring that poll sets a bad precedent. The population can only go down after the initial surge...I think we all realize that.
  8. Foretold Well-Known Member

Forgive my ignorance, but aren't exiles KOS to everyone, including other exiles? Because it seems that if exile guild A doesn't like exile guild B... there would just be bloodbath in Haven all the time. Again, if that's not how it works (I've never exiled), just ignore me and move on.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  9. Shasta Active Member

You needed to get carnage flagged first, otherwise you are immune and besides it never played out like that. What happened for over a year was one giant clan who could not clear any content (DH) wound up blocking contested for another giant clan that could (Onyx). The FFA reasoning is used a lot, but that was seldom really the case.
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

Aw, that's too bad. FFA sounded a lot more fun :S
  11. Fetish Well-Known Member

If "we" means you, then yes...otherwise, no.

Haven sucks...it is a dingy smelly hole in the ground. I absolutely agree that it should be able to be entered by both Freeport and Qeynos factions, as that is only fair...but to infer that it is easy mode or a guild hall neglects to note that there is no fast travel in the game yet, so travel from/to Haven is only easy if you have Portals or your call home is up. All broker prices are higher, in a game with a new economy that matters. Most importantly however...this time, when Haven is being introduced, it does NOT have the inherent advantage of being the only faction that allows all classes. That can be accomplished so much easier with better travel and amenities in Freeport or Qeynos. If you see a major Exile guild, it will be because they want what Haven has to offer...FFA PvP if you aren't grouped...and that is solved with just a /kick. There is no advantage to Exile, other than PvP, this time around...
  12. Shasta Active Member

The "I think we all realize that" comment in context was that the server population will be at it's highest right now, maybe go read the post? Certainly it is safe to say that a nostalgic based TLE server population will only go down after the initial launch. There are not going to be new players in a ten year old game's niche server, it's not going to grow in a traditional manner. That's common sense. Quoting merely the end of a sentence seldom lends itself to accurate responses.
  13. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

exile guilds cant melt steel beams
  14. Ilovecows Active Member

This is actually untrue. Haven right now is open pvp, meaning anyone can attack anyone else regardless of carnage flag. I have been attacked and attacked other people in haven, even without anyone having a carnage flag. See the screenshot, if one of us were carnage flagged, Juanito would be now as well. See no carnage flag on him? That's because anyone can attack anyone in Haven.

I'm also not sure what makes you think that Haven doesn't have any inconveniences, when tradeskill mats (and literally everything else that can be bought there) is about 1.8-2x as expensive, broker fees are 50% rather than 20%, our sellable items don't actually even appear to Qeynos and freeporters (meaning we pretty much can't sell stuff on the broker), there are no city merchants available so we need to invade Qeynos/Freeport while holding a bunch of money if we want to try and get pumice stones or other such items and many of the merchants available in the cities don't exist in Haven.

I really think that you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to being exile, and that you have never actually done it yourself. You also still have not explained why this is going to "kill the server" because a few dozen people are going to have a place where only people of their own faction can attack them. You do not provide any sort of link, you simply make a claim and do not back it up with argumentation. Exile existing on Nagafen is certainly not what killed it, we had exiles for years while pvp was hopping, and it made things a lot more exciting with a third faction to join in the action.[IMG]
    Foretold and Ardur Duradan like this.
  15. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

this is because shasta just wants to see if he can bring up the most controversial issue possible to call himself a cool guy later on his stream or something daft like that. He has no concern for this game, lets not act like he does.

I mean in another thread he is literally posting to keep healing classes as is for pvp. why? because its the way it used to be. Not because it betters the game in any measure, or makes it more playable for others.

Take your self serving politics and troll topics somewhere else shasta.
  16. Shasta Active Member

Self serving? This is the most ridiculous post i may have ever read. Ridiculous, and out of sync with reality to a quantum magnitude. Making a post to boost a tiny little 5k follower stream, that is non-commercial and mereyl represents passion for gaming? Does that really make sense? Also you're either misquoting me, or unable to comprehend what my answer was. I said that changing something now to buff shamans, or clerics will have future ramifications when content is released that does the same thing. I'm not sure why exactly your post has such a hateful, dark tone to it, but I'd appreciate you leaving it out of the discussion. Relax, dude, we disagree, it happens. Simply no need to get personal on a forum such as this.

edit- Also I think one of the key points to my OP was that the poll for exile lost, and yet there is exile. Certainly that sets a bad precedent moving forward? What exactly is the point of member polls then?
  17. Fetish Well-Known Member

I read it...and I disagree. The snip was to remove pointless drivel.

Some people have a limited ability to see the variables involved in a subject...and I think that is what is happening here. You seem to have a limited knowledge regarding being Exile and the Exile faction. You also seem to have a limited ability to understand why the old Red servers died. If you want to claim common sense, please show some. The population waning on the TL servers will be based on several things...first TL PvE, or TL PvP. The TL PvE only has PvE as it's draw. So it will likely be unlocked faster and fade in population at a higher rate as it gets closer to the live servers. The thing is, on PvE there is a huge war between nostalgia and unlocking. Since you only have PvE to do...once you have done it, you are SOL unless you unlock the next tier. With the TL PvP server, the dynamics are extremely different. The original red servers faded in population due to blue server changes affecting the red server game to the point that open world PvP was an anomaly. The EQ2 red servers thrived on there being contested blue content...yes, that sounds weird, but it was how it is. Look at tge TL servers now and you will see it as it was so long ago. Groups running dungeons...other groups killing people running dungeons. People harvesting...other people killing people harvesting. People running questlines in the open world (not instances)...other people killing those questers. The TL PvP server will thrive as long as the blue server mechanics that killed open world PvP are kept in abeyance (world bells that go everywhere tucked in Guildhalls, BGs, 140% speed gliders/leapers/flyers/ground mounts). Not only that, many of the old players that left the game entirely when the red servers were so humiliatingly gutted by poor game design choices are just now coming back...and given that KoS was the Mecca of EQ2's PvP history, to even try to judge the TL PvP server's population density and longevity before that expansion is opened up is the kind of folly that only someone who can't even understand why having an Exile faction is good for the server would be foolish enough to brag about doing.
    Foretold and Ilovecows like this.
  18. Ardur Duradan Well-Known Member

thanks for letting people know how popular you are. nice subtle brag.

yeah, the people who were playing EQ during the time that PVP was already dead was when people got to vote. if you cant see how that wouldnt work out accurately, then my initial post is pretty much confirmed. But sure, lets pretend that you really are concerned about how that went down and act like you arent trying to drum up some bs.
  19. Shasta Active Member

20. Gromph Member

Well Ilovecows just finished this argument. OP can't even respond to it.
    Dread1313 likes this.