Predator's Perch and Hinokawu

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mowse, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Mowse Well-Known Member

Per Wiki.... "Hinukawu (AKA The Scorcher) - Same location. It Stops taking damage at certain points, It EMOTES "Hinakawu hungers!" Continue with Heroic Opportunities, and it continues taking damage, Tank/Spank."
    Could someone expand on the strat for this... I am a warden.. doing solo.
    Are those eggs suppose to be destroyed?
    thanks in advance. It is ruining my armor
    Twyla likes this.
  2. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I thought the eggs might've been something important, and they probably are in the heroic version (Haven't run it yet, don't know). Solo version is just "Activate heroic opportunities to make it take damage and then kill it dead."
    Doobius40504 and Twyla like this.
  3. Tanto Done, finished, gone.

In heroic, you have to use a heroic opportunity each time you see this emote, just like in solo. The eggs spawn around the area and have to be broken, an add then spawns which needs to be killed relatively quickly. My understanding is you mustn't have more than one add up or you wipe. I haven't seen that fail condition yet as it's easy enough to kill the adds.

In solo as far as I'm aware, he doesn't do the bit of the script with the eggs.
  4. Mowse Well-Known Member

Thank you. This gives me something else to try
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

When the fight starts, use a Heroic Opportunity. The fight becomes doable then. It's just a mechanic.

If you haven't gotten the achievement for location dings in there, when the fight starts, do nothing and let the Scorcher eat you. then revive and kill him.
  6. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The first time I did this fight I didn't know about the Heroic Opportunity thing. I just killed egg adds and fought, and fought, and fought. I did eventually kill it. But that's not how the fight is intended to be done.
  7. Bludd Well-Known Member

pro tip: mouse over bosses buffs to get important information
    Sigrdrifa likes this.