Predator love

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by jessejames, Aug 22, 2017.

1. jessejames Active Member

Outgoing profession ability damage has been adjusted by the following amounts on TLE servers.
    • Assassin: 15%
    • Brigand: 6%
    • Channeler: 5%
    • Coercer: 3%
    • Dirge: 3%
    • Illusionist: 3%
    • Inquisitor: 3%
    • Ranger: 12%
    • Swashbuckler: 6%
    • Troubador: 3%
    • Warlock: 9%
    • Wizard: 8%
    Thank goodness they inceased damage on channelers also
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

ahh no love for the BLs :(
    dirgenoobforreal likes this.
  3. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Stack that Inquisitor DPS ladies.

Return of the battle cleric :oops:
  4. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

Kinda bummed Coercers didn't get more of a boost.
  5. jessejames Active Member

yea BLs are so **** right now on TLE.

anyway I play coercer and I'm just wondering what 3% is really going to do. like if I parse 1000, now I'm going to do 1030? I'm not complaining about coercer damage I feel I do a decent amount as is just wondering what sparked the tiny boosts. The winners are the tier 1 dps classes both scout and mage. Skilled players should be looking better now and bad ones... well they'll still get out DPS'd by the tank.
    Bekkr likes this.
  6. jessejames Active Member

I'm just going out on a limb since I don't personally know your guild but I'm assuming you have your share of skilled players. How far down are you from the top of the parse and how much further up do you think you should be?
  7. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

I assume it would be theoretically slightly more than 3% increase, since it would technically increase your AB mod cap on top of the base increase. My math could be bad tho.

I don't think Coercers are bad, but I do miss my Illy DPS. I don't think 5% would have been too much to ask.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

That's a tough question because we get moved around quite a bit. In the MT group I am maybe 7th or 8th, but I don't have parses handy. Of course MT coercers are never going to be that far up, all things being equal. I'm just being selfish and was hoping we'd get 5% rather than 3%.
  9. Zenji Well-Known Member

I was being facetious.

I do hope in DoF there are more fights that last longer than 60 seconds. BL do have a little bit of ramp up time to hit their potential, and it can only be done on a few fights currently.
  10. Springelf Active Member

Nothing for necros. Boo.
    Adoninilol and jessejames like this.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm just curious how the devs got their numbers that these are the classes that need to be balanced. As it currently stands the dps goes like
    BL
    Sorcs
    Ranger
    Assassin/Summoners/Illusionist
    Bards
    Rogues

Why were Rogues, one of the worst "dps" classes at the moment given such a small upgrade? Why did rangers recieve an upgrade when they are outparsing assassins by a 15-20% margin? Why did summoners not recieve an dps upgrade yet sorcs who already outparse them recieve one?

I have so many questions for this "balance" and who the data was balanced around because it certainly wasn't paradigm.
  12. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

BL's are the highest dps class atm if play correctly, Crux was like keeping up with/beating a lot of our classes in quick burst fights and topping every long fight that matters, spirit,venekor,etc.

Coercers need like a 20% boost to CA's to match illies because illies get mage group procs, this complaint has been around since the dawn of time yet they believe coercers are a defensive class.

Warden/Mystic/Inq dps will be pretty garbage until CA's come out, and they are still far behind furies, channeler is really incredible in AoE, on single their ok. Defilers/templars will never receive a proper offensive spec at this point.
  13. Atan Well-Known Member

I think this is fine as a 'first step' most of it I can understand the reasoning behind, but I'm not sold the outcome will be exactly what is intended.

Like others, I simply see no justification for giving channeler a positive increase in DPS, if anything that should see a significant minus giving how effective their healing is. That is just grossly out of balance.

I do note that I will now regularly be trounced on the parse by the Ranger.

I don't blame class balance on this one as much as terribad itemization for casters at this point in the game.
    Pixistik likes this.
  14. jessejames Active Member

I do think DPS needed to be adjusted and I like how they boosted people instead of nerfing people (beastlords).... Be nice if they did the same for healing. It gets annoying wanting to do icy digs and the difference a channy makes. If there was enough to go around i wouldn't care.
  15. Zenji Well-Known Member

I should have done a better job showing the sarcasm in my statement. Yes BL are very strong, and I was glad to see other classes buffed instead of just nerfing a few.

I have a feeling it was more a partial carry over from the live server changes. Not specifically targeting needed balancing on Fallen Gate.
  16. jessejames Active Member

so they should balance classes on you guild's performance?
    Pixistik likes this.
  17. Zenji Well-Known Member

They should balance classes around their top potential. Whoever that may be.
  18. jessejames Active Member

I get what you mean and not sure if I agree or not. Should you base them on their top potential that a few % of players can achieve or base them around more the median like what the top 25-33% of the players can achieve to make it more fair overall. I don't know which is right and which they go by. just saying I can make an argument on both sides
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I mean looking at other guilds the average parse is still dominated by the sorcs, there isnt a single ranger other than flossie who is beating my assassin, but that doesnt mean that the class isnt better than assassins.

Balance it off of Neustart,Paradigm, Maybe some input from other guilds, there is no reason not to balance classes off their top performance, if we balanced off of the average players the classes that are easier to hit average numbers on (summoners) would always be the top dps class.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I don't think we will see any channeler fixes until dof so then content can be adjusted after the nerf.