pred sta vs int line

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf, Nov 29, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

Ok help me understand something.

Yes STA line looks overall very tasty, Aoe autoattack + hps!
    But why has int line fallen so out of favor? Reading various posts i've seen to gleam a hint that there is some sorta cap on poison damage? What exactly is this cap? And assuming this cap is real does the +16% poison mod even do anything?
    How much will specing into/out of int line affect overall dps?
  2. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Int line is terrible for assassins.
  3. ARCHIVED-Raz_wolf Guest

it used to be great back in tso, what changed?
  4. ARCHIVED-Draylore Guest

Ive experimented with INT line.....even going full bore into it with SF endline and all and honestly could not tell any meaningful difference in my single target DPS......surely notwhere near enough a boost to justify all the points.
    EVen when I made an effort to make sure to use Intox it really didnt add much and it was such a pita to remember to reapply.
    IMO Int line is worthless. Maybe a few points in the first level to get the debuff but thats about it.
  5. ARCHIVED-Brimestar Guest

After some GU update many moons ago, the INT line lost its appeal due to the damage reduction. I can't remember what it was exactly that they changed, but it hit the INT line hard to where it just became a waste of points.
  6. ARCHIVED-Seiffil Guest

Brimestar wrote:
    My guess would be the GU during TSO expansion when they removed the ability for poisons and item procs to crit at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-Draylore Guest

Seiffil@Permafrost wrote:
    Yeah.
    UGG Poisons not criting is lame. :(
  8. ARCHIVED-TonyCalamia Guest

ya i agree they need to make poisons crit again would be so nice
  9. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

But intoxication is still pretty good. If its not parsing well for you, you're doing it wrong TBH. That being said, the only thing that makes int line crappy is the fact that stamina is better and you can't have all 4 lines. More HPS, AE auto attack, and poisons not critting are pretty much why its better.
  10. ARCHIVED-Draylore Guest

-=Hoss=- wrote:
    Hmm except for forgetting to apply it.....how else could it be used wrong?
  11. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Intox parses terrible for me.
  12. ARCHIVED-dremtak Guest

what about intox for pvp?..........with such a long duration on it and the blur vision........im a new assasin/returning player and i just got enough aa's to get intox becasue it looked so good for pvp, but now youhave me questoning that lol
  13. ARCHIVED-rocthorne999 Guest

Wont it be viable again soon? i heard poisons will be able to crit again next GU...if so it would be insane damage...cause i use it now and in dungeons im getting 10k+ a tick while not much it is still better then wasting ae on a single target mob.
  14. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

intox does about the same as your offensive proc "swipe" or about 2% of your zw damage.

the line you should be replacing is STR since the 15 potency to two long recast ca's is insignificant when you're all ready 200+ potency. unless you're low on crit str is wasted AA.
  15. ARCHIVED-rocthorne999 Guest

Its not a potency increase?....Its a damage increase not potency.
  16. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

rocthorne999 wrote:
    it'a 15 potency