Pred DPS

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Nuhvohk, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Nuhvohk Active Member

Hey folks, Beneeto the Ranger here. Thought I'd clear up some misconceptions about scout DPS, particularly for predators.

Now I don't know how Assassins fare, but with average gear and only Adept abilities, my ranger is outparsing summoners, even ones 1-2 levels above me. So can we stop with the whole "autoattack nerf makes scouts bad" meme? Since it obviously is based on nothing except "w-well on STORMHOLD...." despite the fact that this server isn't Stormhold. I think it would be obvious from the fact that most DPS is derived from Ability Mod instead of autoattack stats (haven't even seen any gear with AS or DPSmod on it yet), but considering how few non-bard scouts I see on this server, it seems people still believe that myth.

On the bright side, due to all the fearmongering about scout dps, I keep getting tons of discos on Ranger masters and the lvl 20 Ranger armor set. Because apparently I'm the only ranger on the server. Thanks for that, I suppose.
    Xephane likes this.
  2. Caul Shivers Active Member

1. What level are you? (I'm playing assassin and yes, doing great, at level 30 - however, the summoners you mentioned only get their scout pet at like 32)
    2. Melee DPS has indeed been beaten into the ground on Stormhold (the "big" TLE server, where I raid).
    3. So it's not a meme, it's an actual fact - it made scouts feel useless and frustrated and a number have quit over it (not in a fit, just lost desire to play after a while).

So, anyway, if you're lvl 20 (you mentioned gear and masters there) it is nowhere near representative of what the game will be like when the mages start getting their big spells and +AB gear.
    Molly likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I'm like the highest level predator right now and i can say for a fact that auto attack is pretty required to make scouts good unless they really modify combat arts. So far my damage is basically the same that it was leveling up on stormhold, but this time mages are doing even more damage than me!
  4. Dogwood Member

On regular server my100 Necromancer is out performing my Ranger and my level 100 Fury is out performing all my level 100 toons .... Just saying ...
  5. Xephane Active Member

Maybe you should get good at preds m8 :3
  6. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

You might need to find better mages?
  7. Xephane Active Member

I was just making a joke, but auto really isn't as big of a deal as people make it out to be in all honesty. It's a nice boost but it's not like 45% of a parse kinda good, even for mages.
  8. Mountbatten Well-Known Member

The problem is that mages are trolling melee DPS except maybe (well played) Beastlords. Combat arts need a boost. And I say that as a mage. The problem will only be exacerbated in a raid situation.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I really don't understand how this is a hard concept.

I will make this easy for you,
    Predators
    Have
    Always
    Had
    Auto
    Attack
    Be
    20-30%
    of
    their
    parse.
    Which means that if i don't have a strong amount of dps stats (like they always have!~) that means my auto will now do around 5-10% of my parse without any fixes to combat art damage to mitigate that.

So, if they increased my combat arts, yes it would be fine. And frankly i'm all for combat arts meaning more on scouts, but also i think auto should matter. On stormhold like 60% of my parse was auto,posions, prismatic 1.0 proc, and group procs. And then the top damage ability would be assassinate because all nameds died super easy. This isn't because i'm bad. I keep my bleeds up, i can't do ambush chains because i need masked strike for all my other stealth attacks, so there goes the other challenge of playing a sin.

I can't do concealment chains because i don't have concealment so, that leaves just me spamming buttons to proc poisons.

Rangers were even worse, between makeshift, auto, poisons, offensive stance, and procs it was like 70-80% of their parse, so hey at least i'm playing the harder class.

I'm not saying the ability mod isn't helping me as well, hey assassin's probably got the best deal out of the ability mod because at least a lot of our abilities have high caps, but mages also do. And they don't rely on auto attack as much.

I think honestly timing auto's is hard for a lot of players, i watch in pug's people get 1/2 of the auto hits that i get; which is why I think that scouts should have auto attack stats. Mages wands should ALSO be removed, because they were doing a lot of damage last TLE yet they didn't have to time it out what so ever.

Fyreflyte also told me this:
    "Mages may end up faring better during vanilla than scouts, due to the lack of dps and attackspeed stats. The addition of those in coming expansions will shift that balance around"

TL;DR: Buff auto stats or just remove auto timing/make our CA's matter more.
    Hope this helps
  10. Xephane Active Member

Scouts may not hit quite as hard as mages, but you also have to consider how long it can take mages to cast things. Going into t4 my wizard stands no chance in a parse fight against a well played assassin. Besides, why does it always matter about the parse anyways? Why does it REALLY matter who does more than another?

It doesn't.

There will always be classes that do more than the others. Mages use MUCH more power and have higher burst damage. My wizard can completely run out of power, and that's spamming regen spells while the rest of the group still hasn't even lost a bar.

Let things have their time.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Um, it doesn't matter if your spells take longer to cast, i can sit here and post tons of parses of wizards/summoners beating me on last tle despite the fact that they all had basically 0% casting speed.

It's hard to see if my CA's are actually better than they were on stormhold because i have like 400 mod, but they are averaging about 5-20% better so i'd assume the ability mod is doing its job.

It's not like any changes i've seen recently weren't like oh cool 15% increase to x spell and x spell. Not an entire revamp.

Parses matter because if i don't parse well i'll just reroll and we can just run two beastlords and two mage groups until max hp debuffs come into play on an assassin then i can press three buttons and outparse everyone.

Some classes shouldn't do insane amounts more than others.

It's called balance.
  12. Xephane Active Member

Mages don't do WAY more though. You just must be doing something wrong if you think this way.
  13. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Mages have always done more damage, the proof is simple; just look at why scouts have max hp debuffs and mages don't.

It's obviously because mages do more actual damage than scouts, and instead of fixing CA's they decided to just slap max hp debuffs on.
  14. Xephane Active Member

And why is mages doing more damage such a big deal? Be honest, please. I'm really curious.
  15. Xephane Active Member

Besides, if this BIG PROBLEM that you seem to think exists, why can assassins outparse my wizard and rangers do more damage than summoners that outlevel them?
  16. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Because i want my class to be useful? Are you really arguing that mages doing more than scouts isn't important when we are both damage classes? Are you trolling?
  17. Xephane Active Member

One class doing more damage doesn't mean another is useless. Care to explain?
  18. Xephane Active Member

If all that mattered was the parse, people would only be playing top damage classes, please think about what you say more carefully. No class is useless just because of what a parse says. Take a look at troubies for example, rarely do you see them at the top of a parse, but they make an entire group/raid far better.
  19. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Why would i not pick the better class? Why not make things easier/have the ability to kill things.

Sure i can stack swashbucklers and have them do 1/2 the damage of a wizard but why would i do that when i can do more damage and kill a mob in 1/2 the time.

I'm no where saying predators are useless, they just aren't as good as other classes and its because a failure to balance classes.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This has no correlation, if my assassin brought more than dps to the raid then yes you could argue that a parse doesn't matter. But all i bring is damage at the moment, a threat transfer really doesn't matter when tanks can hold agro fine at this tier, and its the only thing you can really argue about my "utility"