Pre-order VS. after launch items for AOD

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12, Nov 11, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

I know the items included in the collecter's edition version of Age of Discovery say they are "pre-order" items.. but was wondering, what items do you miss out on if you purchase the expansion after launch? I know the price goes up, but do you not get some of the bonus items? I'm kind of wanting the collector's edition, but I don't know if we can afford two pre-orders. I'm curious about what specific items we could miss out on, if any :) Thanks!
  2. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

3. ARCHIVED-irish Guest

Only the cloak is a preorder item.
  4. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

WHOOT! Thanks a ton! That made my decision! It's kind of a cool cloak... but if I can wait and still get the house, pegasus and warder.. well, that's ok by me!
  5. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Oh, and if my silly self would have READ the darn pre-order page.. I would have seen that, wouldn't I! Well, thanks for letting me know anyway! DOH!
  6. ARCHIVED-cawalton Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote
    if you did wait to purchase the Collectors Ed. (which includes the house, pegasus and warder) it goes up $30 in price, so the real benefit to pre-order is the savings on the CE, hope this helps
  7. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote:
    there is one other pre-oder bonus for the CE - the greatly reduced price, after release you will e paying the normal price. Price goes from teh pre-order of 59.99 to 89.99
    http://www.everquest2.com/get_the_game/buy_now
  8. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    The Post-launch prices actually goes DOWN ... Its been stated that AoD (CE & SE) will be available via Station Cash... if you have "saved" SC from triple event you will only pay 1/3 of the Post-Launch price ($30). IF you WAIT for the next double SC event you will only pay 1/2 of the Post-Launch price ($45), which is still less than the Pre-Launch offer ($60).
    Just to be clear .... SOE Marketing doesn't have exclusive rights to Math skills, but they do put on a good Monty.
  9. ARCHIVED-darwich Guest

can you preorder the expansion with SC? If so, i have 5800 ish , from the last double sale etc.. i may go that way..
  10. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

darwich wrote:
    No .... SJ made mention of this ... they don't want to get into a debt collection mode where your SC wouldn't be consumed until launch and you might "spend" between now and then, leaving a debt.
    But if you take your 5800 and add 2 wally-world game cards to it (4,000 for $30), you can buy the CE post-launch for 9,000 SC and you'll end up with 800 in change. Or wait for the next Double event and just get 1 WW game card (2,000 x2 for $15) and do the same thing.
    Consumer pricing has more to do with desire than price... If you "Want" it you'll pay more sooner, if you "Think" you want it you'll pay less later, if you "Don't" want it you'll pay nothing.
  11. ARCHIVED-pixiepuff12 Guest

Yup! I know about the price jump! :) Like others were saying, my plan is to wait till we get a double SC weekend and get the CE that way. I don't mind waiting to save money! Especially since we need 2 copies in this house. :) I was doing the same math as Nrgy! :) Between wanting to save money.. and well, our cash flow is kind of not flowing so well at the moment.. I'll see if I can hunt down a Wally world in the area that actually had those bonus cards! Then, when (oh, I hope they still do 'em!) we get a double SC weekend, SCORE! :-D

It also doesn't hurt that recurring subs are supposed to start getting 500 sc free aeach month!