Pre order for Shadow Odyssey w/ bear mounts and pets???

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Elquinjena, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-christmascracker Guest

Kiara gave some more details in this post http://forums.station.sony.com...432601&#4824136

Alright... I've got some answers to some other questions floating around.
    So I'll recap, again
    Digital download = void pet and painting
    Fan Faire copies = digital download in game items
    Living legacy accounts = cloak and whatever in game items they get from whichever version they buy.
    Retail = bear mount/pet, painting
    Special retail boxes = figurine and all the other stuff.
    All in game items are one per character. All retail boxes come with the in game items, the only thing that depends on the box you get is the pewter figurine.
    The only thing we can guarantee you get on the 18th is the DD because that's the only one we control.
    No, the special boxes aren't limited to the US only, and aren't limited to any specific store.
    The overseas distributer will ship however many boxes they ship to their distribution centers and from there they'll go... wherever it is they send stuff.
    This is where the unhappy news comes in. While, yes, they will ship retail boxes around the world, including Australia, we cannot control how many they send, where or when. Like with the US stores, we can't control their distribution either. So in that situation, we can't guarantee when folks get the box. I know it's inconvenient and kind of yucky, I'm sorry.
    Hopefully that answers all the questions.
  2. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

Thank you Wysper that does sort of answer my question. Thing is, while retail sites such as Amazon UK are not saying that there will be a digital mount, there will be uncertainty until it actually arives. It seems strange to me that they have not mentioned it. I remember before Age of Conan came out, the different sellers advertised the particular in-game item that would come with "their" version of the game. It was a selling point. One retailer had a mammoth, one an extra XP ring etc etc (if I remember correctly). So why are retailers seemingly sluggish/indifferent with EQII? Given that there is likely to be a delay in actually getting the game compared with the DD, it would be nice to see exactly what is coming in black and white.
    Well, I want the update on disc this time so will go for it anyway and just hope for the best!
  3. ARCHIVED-EvilAstroboy Guest

To be honest im sick of this nonsense. This is a global online game and half of your customers can only access the game through digital download. Making a huge discrepency in what you get in-game from each pack is a big no no. Give the box copy a map, collectors edition pewter bear, glitter and 100 dollar bills for all I care. Just dont make me get less in-game because I cant track down copies of the pre-order offline.
  4. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

EvilAstroboy wrote:
    QFE !
  5. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

There should be no software difference between the two. The only differences should be physical, obviously, as you get the CDs, a book, whatever with the box version.
  6. ARCHIVED-silvare Guest

HMV.com are now listing the expansion and mention a pewter figure!

7. ARCHIVED-Dacarlo Guest

silvare wrote:
    You have officially won the internet today. :D
  8. ARCHIVED-Menaveru Guest

My local EB games let me pre-order from them. My question is, are there preorder boxes that we are supposed to get or does everything show up on launch day??
  9. ARCHIVED-Grilmath Guest

I have to agree on many sentiments on line here. My daughter wanted to play eq2 with us. She just turned 5 and actually played wow with us from 3 up. We moved from California back to Canada last year.

I thought this would be simple. Went to the local EB ganes store. Nope no EQ2, Best buy nope no eq2, Future Shop nope no EQ2, the local gaming shop nope no EQ2, Walmart nope, Zellers? Nope.

Okay Direct2drive, sorry not avalible for your location. Try a few other online shops, sorry not avalible for your location.

Fianally did the DD from sony.

My wife wanted the dire bear mount, after checking the local stores, no one is planing on stocking it. I can special order but it can take 10 days.

So we are stuck using the DD Sony Store online, and we will not be able to get the mount.

So why is it every store that sell's games have huge wow displays and even sell 14 day trials for $1.99 but I can not get a copy of EQ2 any where? And I live in a city that has a population of a few million its not like a small out of the way city.
  10. ARCHIVED-Littles Guest

Well I really better get my pewter figure with my retail box I just preordered from EB Games online. I buy every EQ2 special thing, every collectors they will come out with which sadly has only been the 1 awesome tin. I think for safety sake I will preorder one from a store near me as well.
  11. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

Will the retail version of this expansion be coming with any new maps?
  12. ARCHIVED-XAvengerX Guest

firza wrote:
    A quick heads up if you happen to live in the UK, the direct download is currently the most expensive way to buy this years expansion.
    Taking into account the current £/$ ratio and the sales tax (VAT) you get charged for you will pay around £27 for it through the Station Store.
    I can order it online through Play.com who are selling it for £14.99 (a £5 saving from their £19.99 listed price and you get free delivery), personally I dont care about all the preorder nonsense, I just want the CD key so I can play :)
  13. ARCHIVED-austin777 Guest

Have been looking at the one from Play.com to pre-order, there is no mention of mounts etc but as I understand all retail boxes will come with this, my only concern with the one from Play.com if I understand correctly that there is only 1 retail box why do they list it with a number 2 in brackets? EverQuest II: The Shadow Odyssey (2)
    Could this be a completely different retail box? lol i'm still sooooooo confused
  14. ARCHIVED-Javix Guest

Can someone confirm if the bear mount is only for retail box pre orders or will it be included also on the retail box being sold at the stores?
  15. ARCHIVED-MonkeyBobNz Guest

Yes, the bear mount is all retail boxes.
  16. ARCHIVED-Javix Guest

Thats good to hear. So what is the bonus for pre-ordering the retail box? the figurine?
  17. ARCHIVED-Tasburath Guest

18. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Javix@Everfrost wrote:
    There is no bonus for pre-ordering the box. The figurine is just a limited edition goodie. I don't know how stores are opting to distribute this, in all honesty. I think it's a first come first serve sort of deal.
  19. ARCHIVED-Xanrn Guest

Daig@Butcherblock wrote:
    Well going by what I payed for Kunark last year (in Dollars), this Expansion is now up to 29.2 Pounds sterling for UK customers from Sony Direct Download.
    I think I payed like 21 Pounds last year for Kunark.
    I wonder if Play.com will e-mail me the CD key if I ask nicely...
    Because 14.99 vs 29.20 is kind of a no contest to be honest.
    Economy down and some idiot charging me Tax on digital information.
    I would much rather download from Sony and not wait but not waiting ain't worth double price.
  20. ARCHIVED-roamerr Guest

does anyone know if these items will be no trade (speciffically the mount)? and if they are no trade, will they become tradeable after awhile like the baby dragon was?
    reason i ask is because i play 2 accounts, but i use 1 account for all goodies. just wondering if ill be able to trade from my 2nd account to the first.