Pre order for Shadow Odyssey w/ bear mounts and pets???

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Elquinjena, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Elorah Guest

roamerr wrote:
    I dont recall the dragon ever being no trade....
    I cant see a mount that levels with you as being tradable though...
  2. ARCHIVED-Zehl_Ice-Fire Guest

Another pre order fiasco in the works. Please dont put different in game items in digital and retail box!!!!!! Why would you do that. I can understand adding the pewter figure to the retail, but I have to pick for each of my 3 accounts which items I want to have and which I never get? When are you going to learn to just give every pre order the same stuff because later you'll end up adding it to everyone's /claim anyway. I want the void beast house item so I can't have the dire bear now on that account.
  3. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

^^^ QFE ^^^
    This was an ill-conceived idea at best. Coupled with the additional wait factor which means only digital downloaders will be playing on release day, anyone wanting the bear mount and being FORCED to purcahse retail will have to wait (all retailers are saying Nov 19 - 25 for delivery).
    Not being able to play on release day means no discos and that = no excitement for things that otherwise arent going to change anyway. Poorly thought out release.
  4. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

This whole situation with the Dire Bears accentuates the fact that someone is EQ2 is being hamstrung by its marketing department.

A 65% runspeed Bear with better stats can be purchased with Void Shards.

That information right there means I will not bother with the Retail box and I am completely removing that frustration from my brain. Why this information could not have been made available when the ****storm started a month ago is beyond me. Sony gets these opportunities to solve problems and they just let them fly past. Why?
  5. ARCHIVED-Galeden Guest

Elorah wrote:
    You shouldn't have to worry, the bear is one per character, so every character on both accounts can get it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Because that information is part of beta and was therefore under an NDA. All games have NDAs, this is not a matter of SOE being stupid.
  7. ARCHIVED-Besual Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    You don't have to collect void shards for the retail box dire bear and the dire bear from the retail box scales with your level. Sure, the next expansion after TSO is a year away and we can't be sure if the retail dire bear will scale above level 80. But if you have the chance to get both...
    Anyway, why can't the ingame dire bear look like the figurine in the limited edition box? The dire bear mount looks so ugly I'm not sure if I will use one even 65% run speed + buffs looks good compared to the solstice earring.
  8. ARCHIVED-Thunndar316 Guest

Bottom line SOE should offer everything to all customers reguardless of where or how the game was purchased.
    Their product being totally absent from all retail stores doesn't help the situation much either. You're forced to either,
    A. Digital download and give up the bear mount for discoveries
    or
    B. Pre order the game online to get the bear mount but miss out on discoveries while you're waiting 2-3 days for your shipment to arrive.
    Either way you're kinda screwed.
    Customers outside North America have no choice and they are forced to go DD because the morons at SOE won't allow online retailers to ship overseas.
  9. ARCHIVED-BrotherCool Guest

Ha Ha...
    Gamestop just left me a robo-call VM saying TSO will be in store Monday morning...
    It seems that no one but SOE knows the launch date.
  10. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    In a example case for what you say - it is not SOE that makes the rules for Amazon - it is Amazon corporate offices - yell at them
  11. ARCHIVED-dr4gonUK Guest

Dear SoE,
    After recieving kos and eof box sets 2-3 days after expac launch i, like many switched to dd preorder for rok and now TSO. I do not understand why you cant give dd pre-order customers the free mount too. Its only an ingame mount after all right? Too much stick, not enough carrot imo.
  12. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

Thunndar316 wrote:
    What's the point of discovering stuff besides "fame"?
  13. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

Wingrider01 wrote:
    Lol, please don't send Amazon your hate mail .......
    It is SOE that sets up distribution not Amazon. In Australia I can order just about anything from Amazon US but not Everquest. Amazon do not offer shipments to Australia because there is a local distribtutor in place (Red Ant). Sadly the local distie is not bringing in the title. It's been a long time since they have bought any EQ title into this country.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rocky1138 Guest

I pre-ordered at EBGames today but didn't get anything other than a receipt and a promise they'd call when it comes in. How do I activate my bear? I thought that they would give me a pre-release CD key so SOE knew that I pre-ordered it..

Or, do pre-order boxes look different than the regular retail boxes when they arrive?
  15. ARCHIVED-MonkeyBobNz Guest

The Bear comes with ALL RETAIL BOXES. The bear is flagged on your account when you register the key inside the box. It is NOT a pre-order reward.
  16. ARCHIVED-Rocky1138 Guest

OK Thanks. I think it would help if we had some official clarification tacked to the top of the forums so that we don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over again.
  17. ARCHIVED-janmystique Guest

I had an email from Play.com this morning to say that "Shadow Odyssey" is being despatched today. Given that it is coming from Jersey to England and given past experience, I don't expect it to arrive until Wednesday at the earliest. I wonder why the retail version is not despatched in time to arrive on or even before the day since it is no use to me until the expansion is downloaded on to the servers anyway. Ah well, at least it is coming!