Pre order for Shadow Odyssey w/ bear mounts and pets???

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-Elquinjena, Aug 29, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

There is a preorder now up at Gamestop
    Says we get Bear Mounts and pets??
  2. ARCHIVED-Zarc Guest

Bears, #1 on the threatdown. I wonder since I already pre-ordered at gamestop in the store that I'll still get this groovy stuff.
  3. ARCHIVED-Shrell Guest

Just wait to see how the digital downloaders get treated this time around.
  4. ARCHIVED-Reiella Guest

Neat bit of stuff from the box text, if it can be trusted anyway, I thought the shards were going away [but the storms staying]?
  5. ARCHIVED-woolf2k Guest

it says Quantities are limited so for all we know they have 2.

I've been burned once before with pre-order stuff from 3rd party retailers... wont happen again.
  6. ARCHIVED-GrunEQ Guest

Hmmmm will the bear mount be usable by a level 1 character? What speed will it go? Will it be claimabe by only 1 character?
    Inquiring minds want to know.
  7. ARCHIVED-Galithdor Guest

GrunEQ wrote:
    all mounts are usable at level one from what ive seen...all of them say level 1...so that shouldnt exist in your question...and they wouldnt spoil the speed on us now would they :p
  8. ARCHIVED-Elquinjena Guest

found this off Amazon.com
    The Bear is your pet or mount in the game depending on what level you achieve. It gains experience and moves levels with you.
  9. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Oh great its coming to that time of the year again trying to find a boxed copy of EQ2s expansion in the uk..rarer than hens teeth i tells you.
  10. ARCHIVED-shadowscale Guest

a bear? feh where the hell is my drogmer
  11. ARCHIVED-Klaktar Guest

Bears suck. I want a choice of shadow creatures for a mount, either the 3-legged things or those dudes floating in the half-circular voids. Imagine blazing across the Commonlands on a Shadowman @ 55% speed!

Alright...I'll settle for a wolf or large cat. Or a ghoul. Ghouls ftw. Hopefully there's more than one new mount type so we aren't stuck with bears (a la wargs/rhinos...both of which suck.)
  12. ARCHIVED-sexieladie Guest

For the person in the U.K. Go to Gamestop and under store locater. You should be able to find a Gamestop or EB games near you. Call then and see if they are doing preoders for Shadow Odyssey. I called my local on and they are doing predorder and Im getting one. And no Im not trying to be smart or state the obvious.
  13. ARCHIVED-ke'la Guest

Reiella wrote:
    Shreds are going away, storms staying. Void Shards are differant and not in game yet.
  14. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

sexieladie wrote:
    Hehe done it with both my local GAME and gamestation..no luck yet..(gamestation didnt know what i was talking about,nothing new there tbh)
  15. ARCHIVED-jolissa3 Guest

dawy wrote:
    You think that it's tough in the UK, try the same thing in Australia. /sigh .......
    Has anyone seen any bonuses for digital download yet?
  16. ARCHIVED-dawy Guest

Faell@Najena wrote:
    Not yet :(

But once again its looking like the most likely route for most of us outside the usa.
  17. ARCHIVED-DragonMaster2385 Guest

I'm not too concerned about preorder. I did all of mine through digital download and it was so much easier than waiting for a box to show up, especially since you don't really install anything anyway and all you need is the key inside. For RoK, box sets didn't get anything different than digital download, so I hope they do the same this time around.
  18. ARCHIVED-Henge42 Guest

If you want the box set in the UK I would order it from Amazon but expect it to be late as the UK games industry is geared up for Friday releases.

Personaly I'm going for a direct download this time around, been burnt too many times.
  19. ARCHIVED-Hugh Guest

I went to EB/Gamestop's website and pre-ordered 2 boxes for both my accounts...*crosses fingers* So far I had 0 bad incidents with EB Games when it comes to pre-orders for games on any system.
  20. ARCHIVED-Darq Guest

So , when will we see a SOE dd pre-order, last time the bonus was better than from the retail box or are they finally getting rid of this "guess what you'll get, oops you bought the wrong version too bad you can always buy the other version if you want the better item"
    the burynai (dd pre-order)was useful -> shinies
    the cockatrice wasn't
    in kos the plant (retail) was useful -> exp/aa and items
    the dd version didn't get anything

so what will it be this time?