Pre-order expansion but no card?!

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by lalluna, Oct 19, 2017.

1. lalluna Member

I have Maestro card. And we can't use Maestro I guess.
    So I would like to pre-order the expansion without disturbing my family and begging for their card. Any solution?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

There are many commercial outlets that sell pre-loaded Visa or Mastercards. Get one loaded with enough to buy the expansion.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Brilliant! Yeah, that should work. I see them at like Target stores and whatnot all the time. :)

Uwk
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Not sure what is available along the prepaid cards in the EU though. ASDA probably has something since they are owned by Walmart.

Cyrrena
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh... :-/

I think Tesco is similar in the UK. Not sure about the rest of EU; haven't been there in waaay too long. :-/

Google "pre-paid (or pre-filled) credit cards in Europe"? Might bring up something useful...good luck! :)

EDIT: Yes, there are some websites with information, though I'm not sure where exactly you are in Europe. Should still be a way to get something. :)

Uwk
  6. Feylone Active Member

I read somewhere in the forums that SOE, now DBG, stopped allowing Maestro to be used for some oddball reason. Could be why you can't purchase with it. But as others have said, buying the prepaid card should work.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I also have had the prepaid card not work! So be careful! I'd suggest paypal as an alternate.
  8. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Many US pre-paid cards do not allow purchases in the EU, even online.
    I would assume the opposite to be true. If you read the details it may say not valid for purchases outside of your country.
    Not sure if you can still use your Steam wallet, used to be able to but Paypal works.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Another possibility: do you know a player or have a guildmate somewhere near your location who could put it on their credit card and you pay them cash?
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh! Leave it to Sigrdrifa to come up with a brilliant, straightforward suggestion! :)

Uwk
  11. lalluna Member

Unfortunately I don't know anybody in person who play this game.
    I don't think these pre-paid card are available in our country but I'll look around
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Good luck! :)

If you're part of the European Union, are there cards in your country that would be accepted anywhere in the EU (and hopefully in the US)? I know a lot of the prepaid card offers I saw on the Internet were based on things like VISA and MasterCard, which are definitely accepted here. :)

Uwk
    lalluna likes this.
  13. lalluna Member

It is solved now, thanks all =)
    /cheers
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Spindle like this.
  14. flameweaver Well-Known Member

Maestro is a bit of an enigma in the UK where many places won't accept it. For info though, any UK player with a similar issue and considering pre-paid cards see https://www.money.co.uk/prepaid-cards.htm
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Congratulations! :D

Uwk
    lalluna likes this.