Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Grumble69 Guest

Regolas wrote:
    Ditto. As someone who mostly uses healer mercs in a passive mode, it doesn't sounds like it's going to be noticably better than my regular merc. That makes the collector's edition really, really underwhelming.
  2. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

An argument could be made that with this being the weakest collector's edition to date that fan faire atendees should get the whole thing at no extra cost. However, not allowing them to atleast upgrade at the pre order price is a slap in the face imo.
  3. ARCHIVED-Skeez1e Guest

SOE wrote:
    AA Boost - Boost two level 90 characters to 280 Alternate Advancement points and begin the journey to levels 91 through 95.
    I have been following a thread in the General Discussion forum and someone mentioned this today. I went back and read the promo - I had totally missed it. I just want to say - great move SOE! I love it. Of all the (way to many) hours I've spent in this game - this will give me back tons of time. It will save me from hours and hours of alt grinding - and get on to playing the stuff I want to.
    A terrific addition; kudos. And thanks.
  4. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Just went and cancelled my pre-order for the CE. I refuse to pay $60 for a crappy merc and potions that are already on the SC store.
    Give us something WORTH the extra money (prestige house, mount, etc) and I and others may get the CE. As it stands now, no way in heck.
    And again, Everquest got SIXTEEN useful items with their exp, and EQII got a couple. EXTREMELY UNFAIR.
    *edit* Oh, I went and checked in game. Every one of my characters has a "Welcome Home Potion Pack" that has the travel bells, xp potions, etc....for FREE.
  5. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Raienya wrote:
    The CE seems pretty light on extras this year. Not enough to justify the price.
    The Welcome Home pack was from the Sony hack.
  6. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I thought all new characters now get a pack of pots, the speed cloak, etc.
  7. ARCHIVED-ChrissyFaey Guest

After some dilberation I've decided not to purchase the CE. I require more substance such as a house, mount, or armor. I'll just save my money and scoop items of that variety up during triple SC weekend. :]

The Firionia Vie Tapestry is somewhat creepy, besides. It reminds me of an article I read about japanese friendship pillows...
  8. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    That's right, I had almost forgot about the hack. Still, the potions can be bought on the SC store, so not worth the CE price for a merc you still have to hire, a weapon replica, a cloak, and a couple of other items.
    I wasn't around for the first several expansions, but did those include prestige houses or at least a mount? Because for the extra $20, people who buy the CE are seriously getting ripped off.
  9. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

My only complaint is the price difference for the SOE Live folks. I'm one of those and I'm excited to be getting the COE standard edition for free. Really, I'm pleased with that and I didn't expect it. However, if I'm as dedicated to this game to go to SOE Live, I'm probably dedicated enough to buy the CE as well. Right now, the price difference to get CE is $20...why would I want to spend $50 more to get the CE later? Can't I purchase the upgrade now for the $20 SOE? It's not that I don't want to preorder, I'm totally willing to do that. But I can't if I was an SOE attendee.
    I called Customer Service and had a very kind and helpful person. However, their best advice to me was to cancel my preorder and then upgrade my free version when it comes. Hmmm, how about I one more preorder tab that lets us upgrade now for $20 more?
  10. ARCHIVED-Ammemti Guest

If I get just this expansion, will I get the previous one as well? I just returned and last expansion I purchased was Velious back when it came out, then quit shortly after.
  11. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Ammemti wrote:
    Age of Discovery still falls outside of the "All-in-One Expansion" packs. $80 is a steep price to get back into the game after taking a hiatus. Hopefully they work on the price of AoD a bit.
  12. ARCHIVED-Ammemti Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    Darn, this means $ 120 with a 3month subscription for an empty game. :(
  13. ARCHIVED-Denell Guest

I thought someone said it was only going to cost us Soelive attendees $20 to upgrade to the Collector's edition? I would have sworn on it five days ago but since reading the forums with everyone saying its going to be $50, im thinking I was wrong.
    If I am I tossing the free gift one in the garbage.
    I mean what's the point? I wait and then upgrade then dont get the goodies for preodering and it costs me 50.00 more ...or just toss it and buy the the preorder collectors now for $60..
    it basically makes the 'free' one pointless and useless.
  14. ARCHIVED-Glimmer Guest

When planning to sell a product, its important to know what group of buyers the particular product is designed to attract. Like everywhere else, people are diverse and have different interests.
    If we look at the collector's edition of Chains of Eternity it attracts less people than the two previous collector's edition due to less content.
    As for myself, the reason I play eq2 is the prestige housing concept. Since there is no prestige housing included and I have the two previous expansions (Velious collector's edition according to this thread is included with CoE, which I have), I see no reason to buy collector's edition.
    Question to Dexella, Any hope for a prestige housing in this expansion ?

Glimmer
  15. ARCHIVED-Wingrider01 Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    same price as the other 8 year old game if you where two expansions behind
  16. ARCHIVED-Coolit Guest

I was thinking about coming back and purchasing the CE but I don’t think it represents good value at all. Ok there’s a merc which you could say has taken the place of a mount, but no house? Not impressed.
  17. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

I pre-ordered the Standard Edition. I already have a Fironia Vie action figure on my desk (from some EQ1 Collector's Box way back when) and plenty of images of her on the internet. :) Honestly, how often would I really look at the tapestry in my house?
    My merc is in 95% suspend mode as is and I really don't want some Werewolf looking one following me around, regardless of the stats.
    I've got stacks of XP potions sitting around on my toons and many have yet to be /claimed. Odds are I'd be using the 6-hour 25% XP ones from the Tradeskill Apprentices if any. Only time I use the 1-hour 100% ones are when I'm doing Rush Orders where I can get the most bang for my potion buck.
    I'd rather use the $20 on SC down the road at some point. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Raienya wrote:
    Aside from launch, we had not had a collector's edition to an expansion untill Sentinel's Fate. That one came with a mount, the Velious one came with a Prestige home (Everfrost) and a flying mount appearance. AoD had another prestige home (Lavastorm) as well as a flying mount. So yes, compared to those three we really arent getting anything worthy to be called a collector's edition. I wish they would add at least a prestige home to it.
    As it stands now, with the shaft to fanfaire atendees, this will be the first collector's edition I do not get unless I can upgrade to it for the pre launch price.
  19. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Hi everyone,
    If you're following @WindstalkerEQ2 and @everquestii on Twitter, you've already heard a bit about this news, but I'm here to share it again!
    First -- an Ethernere Wyvern flying mount has been added to the Collector's Edition items! Check out this post for more: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=523855 (I'll also be updating the original post in this thread with the image).
    Second -- for SOE Live attendees, you will be able to pre-order an upgrade to the Collector's Edition for $20.00. If you want to upgrade your free Standard Edition to the Collector's Edition, you'll need to go through the regular pre-order process and select the Collector's Edition. You will see the current price ($59.99 USD or foreign currency equivalent) as well as a footnote indicating the price for SOE Live attendees is set at $20.00 (USD or foreign currency equivalent). Complete the pre-order flow for this item. On the day your credit card is charged for the purchase, you will only be charged $20.00, not $59.99. You MUST complete this purchase flow on the account you registered for SOE Live with; otherwise, you will be charged the full amount. Also, this must be completed during the pre-order time frame (now through November 12, 2012 at 11:59pm Pacific Time).
    Thanks.
    ~Dexella
  20. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Dexella wrote:
    So you know, there's not yet any footnote there.