Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Healani Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    That's why I'm asking. The last time they let us upgrade, it was an option when going through pre-orders. We didn't have to wait until the game launched.
  2. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

I have some answers for you!
    (1) The items in the Standard and Collector's Editions will be one per character. The only exception to this is the AA Boost feature, which is limited to two per account.
    (2) The mercenary design is still being worked out. The decision to make it either a healer or a Paladin was just made this weekend at SOE Live. Factors including type of healer, stats, upkeep, etc. are still being determined. We will update you once this is finalized. You will need to own Age of Discovery in order to use the mercenary.
    (3) I'm working on getting screenshots of the cloak and other items. Those will be posted in another thread.
    (4) The expansion will only be available in digital download from www.everquest2.com. There will not be a boxed version.
    (5) The preorder ends at 11:59pm on November 12th. The expansion launches on November 13th.
    ~Dexella
  3. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Appreciate the answers. More than willing to wait on the merc answers.
  4. ARCHIVED-ghost_57 Guest

Is the Hero’s Blessing of Experience a 1 shot 6 hour xp potion , per char?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

ghost_57 wrote:
    Depends on what you mean by "one shot..."
    It is one per character.
    Yes, it is consumable and will disappear after 6 hours of use. However, that is six hours of play time. So, for example, if you log in for one hour per day, it will last you six days. You don't have to have a six hour marathon of play time (you can if you want! You just don't have to do it that way).
  6. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Dexella wrote:
    The merc should really go with the more popular tank/healer, SK and Inquis from what I see running around on Unrest and on beta. Also, upkeep? You get a merc with the CE and still have to pay for it in game? Pay extra for the merc and still have to pay for it in game...that...bleh.
    I'd like to see a merc token, one that you can use to choose whatever type you want, and you don't pay for its upkeep. Standard hireling, not elite, no upkeep. Hell, I'd buy it.
  7. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Update per @WindstalkerEQ2 on Twitter:
    "In the Chains of Eternity Collectors Edition, you will get access to a paladin and templar werewolf mercenary. Yay!"
  8. ARCHIVED-Juggercap Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Thank you for relaying the message.
    ...and TD VIKINGS
  9. ARCHIVED-redwoodtreesprite Guest

OK, here's two questions:
    1. Will we have just one chance to choose the type, or will we be able to hire both the paladin and templar mercs? (Only one merc at a time of course.)
    2. Will it cost anything to rehire the merc if we need another type for a while? Example being if I need to switch to a heavy dps merc for soloing a dungeon, then want to hire the templar "werewolf" again when I really need a healer? Make it no rehire fee to do so for the special merc and it will be a good deal finally for the special edition.
  10. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Get rid of the potions, as they can be purchased with SC. Replace them with a prestige home and mount.
    Fixed.
  11. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Absyntheea@Crushbone wrote:
    No kidding. Everquest got SIXTEEN things, including a house, paintings, and other cool stuff, and we get at best a merc and a tapestry for the same price?
    UNFAIR. Come up with more things, or prepare for a big, loud THUD when this goes live.
  12. ARCHIVED-dajokster Guest

Are you guys going to patch live servers monday so we can actually enjoy the xpac content come the midnight of release or will we have to wait until its patched that tuesday?
  13. ARCHIVED-Ithaniel Guest

Can access to the expansion be gifted or when you buy it, is it automatically added to your account instead of granting a key that could be given?
  14. ARCHIVED-Mysstie Guest

Since all the potions/globe things are useless to me (I still have stacks of XP potions on all my toons), the Collector's Ed has two things: The Tapestry and the Merc. I use the SK Merc out of Neriak with all my toons (granted most of them are Wardens). I really only make alts for new Tradeskills. I'm not sure how well a match a Paladin or Templar merc would fit with my Wardens. I tried the normal Paladin and fired that guy after the first trial LOL. So, $10 for a Tapestry and $10 for a Merc of questionable use. Still waiting to see if there's any upkeep cost for this merc. I think I'd rather spend that extra $20 on just regular Station Cash at this point. Hmmm...
  15. ARCHIVED-Brigh Guest

I and many others have already said multiple times that the paladin merc is crap. He fails to use his heal and ward spells. He only maybe uses LH and any heal procs from combat spells which are insufficient.
  16. ARCHIVED-Anestacia Guest

Fan faire question. I assume the fan faire edition is regular and not collectors. Is it going to be possible to upgrade to the collectors edition? If so, will we be able to upgrade to the preorder price or will it be the 89.99 price? Also Fan Faire related; Will that copy have the preorder bonus in it? Thank you.
  17. ARCHIVED-Xianthia Guest

Xianthia wrote:
    Thanks for answering through when pre-orders will be available. Still waiting on the answer(s) regarding the merc.
  18. ARCHIVED-Dessellion4 Guest

Don't know if anyone's asked this but here goes nothing.
    When I click on 'What's Included' in the pre-order screen for the Collector's Edition it come up with something about a Tracking Facility. Can't say more than that because I'm at work and suddenly I can't access the pre-order page anymore.
    Does anyone know what this Tracking thing is?
  19. ARCHIVED-General_Info Guest

well it wouldnt suprise me if it meant it picked up something on your work computer that is tracking what you do on it.
    perhap your employer put some tracking software on your work machine to see what you get upto.
  20. ARCHIVED-Wolfsbaine Guest

Is the merc going to be 1 Per Char, or just one or two. Also are we paying the normal merc price or the price for the Elite ones. I am not too fond of what we are getting for CE, but I have gotten the CE Edition since TSO. Hated that expansion with a passion, but I guess I got a Doggy for $60. I would jump on it, if it were $29 for normal, and $39 for CE. It just seems like we are paying more for less lately. I stick around for the Nostalgia and the community. Sometimes I can even play around in some raid zones.