Pre-Order EverQuest II: Chains of Eternityâ„¢ Today!

Discussion in 'Community News' started by ARCHIVED-Dexella, Oct 16, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

Calthine wrote:
    Thanks for the note!
    Yes, the footnote has not gone live yet. It's waiting for the right moment to make a grand entrance.
    Even if you're not seeing the footnote, the discount will apply, so long as you're completing the purchase using the same account you signed up with for SOE Live!
    ~Dexella
  2. ARCHIVED-Denell Guest

Thankyou for the update. You have been very patient with us whiny babies /wink :)
    Zherik
  3. ARCHIVED-NikkiT Guest

On a related note...should Fan Faire SOELive attendees see the expansion flagged on their accounts by now or will that happen when the expansion has launched? I registered for SOELive but could not attend, so I'm worried that if I order now, I might be charged the ful price because "oh sorry, the free expansion was only for people who actually showed up".
  4. ARCHIVED-Giallolas Guest

Wow, thank you! When I posted my disappointment I hadn't actually expected to be heard. I'm a little in shock so a big thank you! To those that are so worried about SOE somehow still charging you and saying "gee shucks" I guess I would say really? I've been playing with these guys for almost 15 years now and they've always fixed anything that went wrong for me, even if it was sometimes my own fault. There are so many more things to worry about in life than this and their track record of response is good enough for me. I went back and reordered my preorder first thing this morning.
  5. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Ok, so it looks like they are adding a mount to the Collector's Edition. Still no word on if it is one per account or one per character.
    So, that is three useful things vs SIXTEEN for the latest Everquest expansion. Why is a 13 year old game getting more love than EQII?
    Come on, Devs, there is still time before launch to add more useful items to CoE to make the extra money worth it.
  6. ARCHIVED-Mabelode Guest

I'd like to see some transport paintings like Destiny of Velious had. Perhaps to locations like Withered Lands, Skyshrine, Obol Plains and The Eidolon Jungle. I guess the locations would depend on how they are actually setup, but at least paintings to WL and SS would be nice.
  7. ARCHIVED-Warpig Guest

I have until when to preorder this?
    The 12th?
  8. ARCHIVED-Jetwyn Guest

Dexella wrote:
  9. ARCHIVED-Iadas Guest

I claimed Dashenti Lasheris, but I'm not having much luck finding him. I checked the bar in Freeport, including the basement, he is not there. Anyone know where he is suppose to be once you claim him?
    edit - I figured it out, you had to click the token in your bag then he was availble in the basement of the bar.
  10. ARCHIVED-Misia Guest

Is Dashenti Lasheris only in SK form?
  11. ARCHIVED-Raienya Guest

Wow, just, wow......
    If anyone wants to see how badly this expansion has been put together, go and read the beta forums. SO much is still wrong, the launch is almost guaranteed to be a complete mess.
    I already switched my pre-order from the CE (SORELY LACKING) to the regular one, and am now contemplating just cancelling it period.
  12. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

A few more answers...
    (1) The pre-order goes through 11:59pm PST on Monday, November 12th.
    (2) The mount is one per character.
    (3) Dashenti Lasheris (the mercenary that SOE Live attendees received for coming to the event) is an SK only. As explained by Iadas (thank you!), you first need to "/claim" your SOE Live item, then examine the token, and then head to hire.
    (4) Players who buy the Collector's Edition will have access to BOTH Lujien (werewolf) mercenaries - Krivix Honorclaw (Paladin) and Krivok Honorclaw (Templar).
    ~Dexella
  13. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Dexella wrote:
    WOW, thats awesome. So, buying the CE means that a player can have two mercs up at the same time?
  14. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    I'm sure it'll still be one at a time, but we will have both available instead of having to choose if we wanted the Paladin, or Templar.
  15. ARCHIVED-Dexella Guest

SgtPmpkn wrote:
    ^ SgtPmpkn is correct.
    ~Dexella
  16. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

Dexella wrote:
    Can't you just hire a Paladin or Templar in town now as it is without even buying DOV or COE, you just need AOD? Why do I have to pay extra for a Merc I can already hire? Just for a new skin and equal performance?
  17. ARCHIVED-feldon30 Guest

Koleg@Unrest_old wrote:
    Some people are willing to pay extra or do extra effort for a different appearance. The Ancient Mercs in Skyshrine are functionally similar to the ones you can pick up in the cities yet look different, and they're quite popular.
    That said, the Collector's Edition mercs have been described as:
    I can't find the quote, but Holly also indicated that the CE merc(s) won't cower quite so quickly when faced with challenging mobs. Again, it's your money and your choice. :)
  18. ARCHIVED-Druwan Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    From earlier in this thread, Windstalker stated "The Collector's Edition mercs have significantly higher stats and confidence than the standard mercs (they can take a lot more of a challenge before they cower/debuff)."
  19. ARCHIVED-Tuckker Guest

feldon30 wrote:
    That's funny interesting Feldon. The SOE Live Mercs were quoted as "Being the same as Neriak Shadowknights, but with a couple of unique abilities and better AI" where ever that quote is. But the SOE Live Mercs are showing up and proving to be of lesser quality and we all know that some people bought and paid for SOE Live event tickets (with absolutely zero intention to attend) just for the Vamp Merc and they turned out to be a bust.
    So, I'll ask again; Why would I buy a Collectors Edition for the purpose of using an equal or inferior Merc with a different skin. So it seems that SOE is selling a bill of goods (A Merc which preforms better than those freely available from previous purchases, but not as good as Elites) which have an unmeasureable metric of quality which they and they alone will determine whether they've not legally breached thier sales promotion.

Clownballs wrote: http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=522493
  20. ARCHIVED-Kinvore Guest

At this point I certainly won't be buying the CE. That could change so easily though if SOE could assure us that the mercs would be Elite quality (and allow us to test it in beta). I'd guarantee at least 2 CE purchases if that were to happen, and I think many others may be swayed by this as well. But time is running out fast on that one.