PQ Rare Loot

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Conifur, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Conifur Well-Known Member

Can we make them all Lore-Equip. Now that the epic spell rares drop from these more and more people are going to be doing them that may already have the item equipped. It is frustrating not getting the loot to give to an alt because you have the item. You made them Heirloom, now just do the correct step and allow them to be looted as long as it is not in your bag. Thank you.
    Kari likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Lore-Equip means you can only equip one, it doesn't mean you can only 'have' one. That would be simply Lore
  3. Thand Well-Known Member

i woudl eb happy to get a rare item from pq as i never have
  4. Conifur Well-Known Member

I know. But if you currently have one equipped, you can't loot another because they are lore. If they make them lore-equip you can loot another if you have it equipped. I just did a horrible job at saying that originally.
  5. Crastinal Active Member

No, that is not how Lore-Equip works. AT ALL. You're thinking some strange mix of Lore (can have only one) and Greater Relic (can only equip one of the kind at a time, but can own as many as you want) that does not exist in the game as is. And personally I hope never ever comes to be.
    Now, reading your post again... it makes no sense. I mean, you complain that you want to farm items for alts and then suggests some sort of tag to make the item... not available if you already have it, making them even harder to get??
    The items are already rare, it's not like the helm drops willy-nilly every run. How making them not drop if you already have the item helps farming for alts? :confused:
  6. Melt Actually plays the game

I think you're just wrong... lore-equip means you can only equip one of THAT PARTICULAR ITEM. You can equip other lore-equips, but not one of the same that you already have equipped. His idea to change them from lore to lore-equip is a good one.
    Kuulei likes this.
  7. Melt Actually plays the game

And they are just lore.
  8. Strac Active Member

When i make a smart *** post and try to come across as a know-it-all, i at least try to figure out what i'm talking about. You make no sense whatsoever, and it even appears as if you don't even play this game. Or are intoxicated, or both.
    There's a "lore" tag and there's "lore-Equip" tag. Lore items you can only have one of on your character. If you don't attune it and stick it into shared bank, you can loot another of the same kind. Lore-equip means you can loot as many as you want, but you can only wear one of it. you can attune 5000 to one character, but you can only wear one.

I'm sure you will eventually realize how n00bish you came across. Until then, farewell, ridiculous Rage Boy !
    Kraeref likes this.
  9. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

I would support a change from lore to lore-equip.
    Kioske likes this.
  10. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I'd say keep them lore w/o heirloom tag
  11. Iceane New Member

How about removing the Relic tag??
  12. Ellah Active Member

I had the charm from the PQ in my shared bank as I couldn't decide who to give it to, and was lucky enough to get awarded another.. but lost it as it said I couldn't have another...

Made me make the decision about which character to give it to pretty quickly! :/

I support the idea of making them lore-equip!
  13. Conifur Well-Known Member

You're wrong. Lore-equip means I can have one equipped in a slot but my bags can be full of them. Lore means I can only have one regardless of its location. It can be equipped, in a bag, in a bank, in a shared bank, it does not matter there can be only one.

Lore-equip means if I have the charm equipped on my character I am doing the PQ with and I get lucky to get another one to drop I don;t get the red message that says I can't have another one and it goes poof.
  14. Conifur Well-Known Member

You are 100% wrong.
  15. Observing Active Member

It is hard to test whether you can loot a lore item directly from a chest because most lore items that you can get with 100% certainty are LORE NO-TRADE.
    You can certainly finagle your way into having two of the same lore item in your shared bank.
    And you can receive a lore item in a trade that you already have in your shared bank.
    But you cannot buy a second lore item off the broker if you have the same item in your shared bank.
    And you cannot take a lore item from a guild bank if you already have it in your shared bank.

Lore is kind of weird, but that is EQ2 for you.
  16. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Easy for you to test it Conifur, go harvest red shinies, when you get one that you cannot loot because its lore, go put the ones currently in your bag, into your SHARED bank. Then go harvest more.
    Even faster to test, hit the broker and look for some of the drops from HK contested. Most are LORE. Buy one, put in shared bank and try to purchase another.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I feel for you there, I have done so many PQ's it isn't funny, but I finally managed to get the charm from Fens this month. I have yet to get the rare from OF, JW or KP. Now the KP is relatively new so I don't expect to see one for quite some time. However, the OB, JW and Fens have been active since release and at the start they were up a lot more than they are now.
    So to finally get 1 rare (charm) after all this time, I was way overdue.
    Now I am trying to get the "new rare" for the epic spells and I have yet to get any. Sad when I keep crafting guildmate's epic spell upgrades and I have to slowly research mine :eek:
  18. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Nothing is worse than spending 40-45 minutes in Fens trying to finish the PQ and you get NOTHING as a reward because you already have the charm and the game isn't smart enough to say "oops you have that item so lets give you something else...":p
    Meneltel and Kioske like this.
  19. Wurm Well-Known Member

What's worse is the item is Heirloom so you should be about to get another to pass onto your alts.
  20. Conifur Well-Known Member

There is a reason I posted in the first place. These seem not to follow the normal rules. The only place it matters is if it is on another toon. If it is in your shared bank, you can't loot it - you get red text telling you can't have two. If you have it on already, you can't loot it - you get red text saying you can't have two. I know this because it has happened. I don't have to test, I know the answer. It is heirloom but you can't get it as a reward if you have one anyplace other then on a second toon. That is why I asked to make it lore-equip, then you can loot them and put them in your bank. It is not me who should test, it is you who needs to. You are the one answering without knowing the facts.