Power of the Planes Cyan adorns still not usable on Epics, seriously?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Vlkodlak, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Today week three went out and the new cyan adorns are not usable still on our level 100 EPIC weapons that are supposed to be best in slot. Since the 2017 cyan adorns are usable on the epics I am sure this is an oversight on the part of the DEV's and will be rectified soon. But three weeks is kinda tardy don't you think.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Not an oversight and not being changed.* This is specific response to someone asking about the cyans being changed so can be applied to Skewer item. As an FYI, epic 2.0s are being phased out (is that the proper wording? ) as BiS with upcoming expansion (I may be over simplifying the message about epic 2.0s).

CaithLast Tuesday at 12:25 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, but old items are not going to be increased in level so that you can apply new runes, nor are new runes going to be reduced in level so that they can apply to old items.

* I'm a player cut and pasting info, don't take it as written in stone - as often devs revisit and change their minds on decisions.
  3. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update Xia, I see the new blue adorns are already being disco'd, this is a real phallus move after all the hoops people are being forced to jump thru for the epics,
    Xianthia likes this.
  4. knine Well-Known Member

They gave us our two expacs of mythical or epic being BIS, but just like when the expac came out, they wanted you to get out and explore.. they want you to change out that weapon, because they feel the time invested wont' matter now as its been leveled beyond...Just like hiding the orange runes behind an achievement of getting an ethereal piece that can't be reforged and most people don't have interest in anyway.. it's their thought process of how they want the game played..honestly ethereals have gotten worse and worse since TOT.....
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Ethereals are a summer pacifier. Next tier raid gear mostly has replaced ethereal stuff in the next expansion. Not doing it this way really breaks progression.

They've already said that something better than epic weapons is coming in the next expansion, so bank those runes until you get whatever the better stuff is.
    Breanna likes this.
  6. Rocker New Member

The game didn't start out this way, it used to be much much better. Now it has transformed into a pay to win MMORPG - which ALWAYS happens to free to play games.
    Do you know how much money was made from people buying their Grand Master spells from Level 101 to 110 and the Ascensions?? almost $100 per spell and people forked it out no problem ~ that's who this game serves ~ make no mistake!

Red to Purple to Gold to Blue, blah blah blah, the scheme is really really old and we'll never draw in new players, just old ones with a bunch of alts that need gear.

Now, you got to get through all of Fabled GUK, T1, T2 and T3 and Voila you replaced your "Mythical Epic 2.0" I had the pleasure of fighting Trak to upgrade mine, now you are replacing that, eat a poop muffin... That was hard to get and im sorry I wasn't UBER enough to get it when it was a new XPACK, 4 or 5 guilds per server got it before you put out another XPAC so you can keep the top tier happy, while the other 18+ guilds are taking an XPAC or two to get the raid geared to kill it.

Just keep making more of the Ethereals, Mythical items fall into a bank bag and see how many people keep playing.
  7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

No, we don't know how much people dropped in the Marketplace, and neither do you, because DBG doesn't release that info. You are pulling it out of your kiester.

I sold lots of shinies, harvested my tuchis off and sold rares, and bought my masters on the broker, and used crafting to upgrade them to grandmasters, personally. And I've been researching my Ascensions. And I use that free 500 DBC monthly to help speed some research. People who want to drop lots of cash money for instant uberness are doing what makes them happy. You aren't forced to do that.
    Breanna likes this.
  8. Rocker New Member

Well it costs almost $100 per spell, ask the Happy people if you want.

I notice you didn't comment on the rest, s'ok, like I said "
    Just keep making more of the Ethereals, Mythical items fall into a bank bag and see how many people keep playing"
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You are incorrect. At level 50, the uberest uber weapon was the Prismatic, which you got from killing Darathar. Then with DoF, we had Prismatic 2.0, from the God King. Then with KoS, we had the Claymore, class hats, and class armor. Etc. Etc. Etc. Culminating in Epic 1.0, and Epic 2.0. And now there's going to be a new uber thing coming. That's the way progression works.
  10. Anatha Active Member

Don't forget the 2 spells you get with your epic 2.0. Those are still good and will be usable for a long time just like the epic 1.0 spell.
    Moorefallen likes this.