Power Leveling

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Sephy666, May 8, 2016.

1. Sephy666 Member

Hi. I am returning to EQ2 after a year or so and looking to power level my kids characters. Is this still viable and if so what is the best dungeon path 20-95. Thanks for the info
  2. Sephy666 Member

Forgot to say I have a 100 SK/Paladin/Bruiser/Defiler/Warden to use to power level them
  3. Moostafoo Active Member

20-29 Fallen Gate, 29-35 Ruins of Varsoon, 35-41 Runnyeye, 41-50 Cazic Thule, 50-60 Clefts of Rujark, 60-71 SoS/PoA/HoF,
    71-81 Sebilis, 81-95 Agnostic dungeons. Have fun boring yourself to death in the agnostics though. 95-100 Skyshrine or the new agnostics i guess.
    Arielle Nightshade likes this.
  4. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Also, Sanctum of Scaleborn (50 - 60 zone?) is a good place also, lots of mobs, packed into rooms, just gather and aoe them all down!. Just a thought.
  5. Delita Member

1-20 Firemyst Gully
    20-40 Runnyeye
    40-50 Clefts of Rujark
    50-65 SoS
    65-90 Sebilis (level locked to 75)
    90-100 Skyshrine
  6. Maldek Active Member

I always liked PL'ing with a Pally. The SK or Bruiser might do better damage, but if your PL target dies, the Pally rez is super handy. And Pally AoEs are nothing to scoff at
  7. Delita Member

Pally rezz is certainly nice, but i have generally stopped PLing with my pally in favor of my berzerker. 100% aoe auto and so many low CD aoes, as well as instant cast aoe with a high hit rate and a few very long range unlimited target aoes make them just too good. Run a healer merc on passive if the PLed keeps dying.
    azcn2503 and Prissetta like this.
  8. Dolphinsgal Active Member

The other place after 93 I think is High Keep contested I've never leveled a toon there but have leveled adornments and been in groups that are leveling toons. Just be prepared to die a lot esp if too many mobs get pulled.
  9. azcn2503 Active Member

Here's what I do when I powerlevel:

1-20 Crushbone Keep
    20-95 Maldura: District of Ash [Agnostic]
    95-100 HKC
  10. Delita Member

Why district of ash rather than stygian? You can also get to 100 in stygian by just killing a single color fairy -- they respawn fairly quickly.
    Soara2 and DoomDrake like this.
  11. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

1-20 Darkling wood
    20-95 - Agnostics 2 option if you DO have raid level decked out char level 94 (Not 100! - this is crucial!) with massive AoE attack (not likely) - give a try DoA if you don't - then get new merc from Zek x-pack (reward from land disco) and lay waste on Stigians. I highly recommend enhance your already high bonus with addition veterans reward XP bonus portions
    95-98 - well multiple options - I'd say fly around level 80+ zone for land discos and kill every single named you see (by doing so you will get not just regular exp but AA as well). In AoM - do every timed quest you can do - they reward insane amount exp and take no time to execute (providing you can do that :) - I can easy climb the mountains, kill truckload lizards or fish 10 fish's and run back to end-point - but failing shout out 50 seagulls in 60 second :))
    98-100 - AS in AoM (daily quests for extra bonus)
    Alternative would be Sky Shrine (95-100) .... providing you find anything alive to kill - this is the PRIME spot for PL (grab level 100 swashy and PBAOE everything on-site) - I never liked it thou - because it's way to crowed
    Doing AoM signature line would take a tad bit longer but more fun
    Snowknight likes this.
  12. Zythus Active Member

close to how i do it on my zerker, bear in mind i have 3 accounts with 200% vet bonus (yes i know :p)

1-20 fallen gate
    20-40 trembling lagoon (i have tried just coming here at one, its possible but its slower so i go to fallen gate first)
    40-50 sanctum of fear (theres a trick - not a exploit :p)
    50-90 sebelis
    90-100 skyshrine

i can do it in around 4.5-7 hours if i work hard

oh its good to bring travel bells with you to for quicker zoning to next powerlevel areas (all my new toons have them in claim dont know about everyone else)

you can do that on other toons to - sk and pally would be good - as a tip use tot weapons with molton detonation on for powerleveling, they own everything.

if you can't do that - some alternatives:
    1-10 darklight wood
    10-20 wailing caves
    20-95 agnostics (the tot ones are best - styg and algo IMO)
    then 95-100 in skyshrine (get some basic handcrafted and it will be fine)

1-20 wailing caves
    20-35 fallen gate
    35-50 cazic thule/sanctum of fear
    50-65 SoS
    65-90 sebilis
    90-100 skyshrine

also - don't worry about aa's they are auto given until 280, and its easier to grind them once you hit max level, i always hit up the AoM and ToT solo zones to grind out my aa's to 340, it doesnt take to long if your with a tank or something.
  13. Delita Member

ooh i like this discussion. Zythus, I'd love to hear the sanctum of fear trick, also, is the travel time worth it to get there? I find that a lot of my time is wasted on travel pre-Sebilis. This is why I use FMG rather than FG for 1-20, my zerker can just pull the level 1 into the instance while they're sitting pretty at the bell on the docks. Also what levels do you use your vitality pots and orb? I generally try to wait until 90 but sometimes it's oh so hard :(
  14. Zythus Active Member

sanctum of fear trick - pull everything up the first named and kill it (careful not to get the named) then /unmentor - run to the top, rementor, grab all the trash and kill it, then evac/run back to the start and zone out, as long as you don't kill a named, you don't get a lockout for the zone so you can keep running it over and over for decent xp.

also with vit pots and the orb i tend not to use them until level 84-85 tbh - i think any lower than that and it just goes away to fast and is wasted so i try to save them for as late as possible

yeah i try to use as few zones as possible for my power leveling to keep it quick - if your zerker is good you could probberbly just head straight to trembling lagoon in feerot - theres so much trash in their its very good xp from 1-30 ish then just head to sanctum of fear after and use that trick i told you.
  15. Jeb! New Member

Unless Im missing something and sanctum of fear is a special zone, a few patches ago they made it so killing any mob in an instance generates a lockout for said instance.
  16. Zythus Active Member

did they fix it? boo, i didn't realise as i have not made a new alt alt in awhile lol, i will go check and confirm though, il get back to you
  17. Zythus Active Member

just tested it on my ranger - theres no lockout killing trash so you can use my trick still (btw you know im talking abiut the old zone, not the new gu100 one? hehe)
  18. Arclite Well-Known Member

I have always hated leveling, unlike some who have multiple accounts power leveling their toons, I only have 1 account with 3 toons to max level after 12 years account age. One is main, one is heroic level 90 purchase leveled to 100 via friends mentoring and the other was leveled to 100 after being on auto follow on friend for months. Suffice to say, i don't like leveling!:D

With the introduction of vial system, I got 3 on gu 100 launch and had them filled up after 1 raid on main and then gave it to a level 2 alt just to see what happens, 1st vial leveled it to 31, next one to 47 and third to 53 which is great except that i feel they are overly priced at 500 SC, they should be 100 SC per 3 vial pots, after all, it is your own unused xp on main toon that is being transferred over but I guess DBG is in it for the money and they will do anything to get it.

Anyway, if you want to buy the vials from marketplace or buy them off broker by people selling them (still expensive I would say if you don't have lots of plats) it is most likely the quickest way to level up a toon now.

I still don't understand why we can't buy a level 100 toon outright. I know 10 levels are there for you to get familiar with the class etc. etc..but in my view learning a new class at 90 or 100 is the same as the level gap is meaningless at this point in terms of learning curve.
    Snowknight likes this.
  19. Zythus Active Member

the vials are pretty good yeah - but to level from 1-100 using them, you need 88 of them, which is either going to set you back alot of plat or dbc lol
  20. azcn2503 Active Member

Because District of Ash mob density is much higher and I have a toon made specifically for powerlevelling in very good gear. The whole zone excluding the sticky bomb name and the fire gazer event can be killed in under 3 minutes. Quite common to see my groupies go from 20 to 60+ in that time.