Power drain in Sleeper's Tomb

Discussion in 'Zones and Population' started by ARCHIVED-denmom, Sep 21, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

My raid guild ran ST first time last night, we were okay with the first two named.
    But what I'm gritting my teeth at is the fight with Ingolf Arnor that just plain ate us. That power drain is brutal, and I'm the only Coercer. We have sometimes two Illys, but usually just one, and we've been okay with that up til now.
    So...I've been doing some searching for info and found that it takes 2 Coercers and 2 Illys. Is this set in stone? I've often heard devs say that there is supposed to be no "setup" for raid/instances, but given what I've been told, I have to wonder what's going on. By what I've read, one Coercer and one/two Illys should be just as enough as the 2/2 setup I've been told about.
    I've been told the aoe's proc a dot that ticks power down. Is there a way to deal with that? Cure faster, heal faster? We're standing in the wrong spot?
    Thanks in advance!
  2. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

We 3 grouped the entire easy mode zone with 1 illy and 1 coercer. And yes cure before it ticks, pre-cure using the cast bar, have the person with the curse joust before curing them etc all help. Didn't even take 8 minutes on the 3rd named.
  3. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Chronus1 wrote:
    Good gods...
    Thanks for the info, I'll pass it along.
  4. ARCHIVED-Davngr1 Guest

yea, the last name died abruptly.. like no one was expecting it to die so fast lol
  5. ARCHIVED-Kraeref Guest

Milas? Hold on. He didn't die, did he? He ran away... Agree. Power drains are bad. I am only coercer in a raid too and it's a pain. And we have three illys...
  6. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

OP, were you curing the cursed person while he was in range of your raid?
    Have the cursed person run at least 10 meters away, have the curse cured, have them wait till the on cure effect expires, then return.
    Its the on cure effect and the on expire effects tied to the curse that are likely draining your power. The drain on the regular aoe isn't very brutal at all.
  7. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    I'm the Coercer, but pretty sure the cursed were cured.
    Ahah, thanks. More info is great. :)
    I've been searching for more and more info on these fights, and I appreciate the help from all of you!
  8. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Okay, after a second raid night on Ingolfa, I'm close to cursing the dev who created this fight. >_<
    The healers are curing fast, we all do our jobs with the dps on the mobs, but it's that power drain which is kicking us in the teeth. I see the initial drain, and then it seems to just tick with each attack. I power feed immediately, and the 30 secs until I can feed again is eternity to wait during which I see more power drainage. Wash rinse repeat wiped raid.
    Is there nothing at all to counter/prevent the power drain for this fight? I didn't see anyone get cursed, at least I don't recall it. I was too busy keeping Cannibalize Thoughts and Manacloak on a constant rotation and Manaflow going to the ones who needed it worse. Yes, the necros passed out hearts, mystics used Spirit Tap, but it just wasn't enough.
    Sorry for the questions, I'm just trying to find out something that can help us. We have only one Coercer, myself. We have one Illy, sometimes two, but usually just one.
    I've been told that only hardcore, hardgeared raiders can do this with one Coercer/one Illy. I really hope that's not true, if so, we're going to be stalled for awhile. >_<
    Thanks in advance.
  9. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    If the person with the curse is cured, people nearby are stunned. If the curse falls off 'naturally', a massive damage and power drain pulse from the person.
    The best strat is to have the person with the curse joust to just within cure range, get cured and then come back when the stun falls off.
  10. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Mermut wrote:
    Thank you! I'll pass this along.
  11. ARCHIVED-Tylia Guest

Mermut wrote:
    Actually, that's for Paldar Bladesoul, not Ingolfa. ;)
  12. ARCHIVED-Mermut Guest

Tylia@Butcherblock wrote:
    Doh! Somehow I missed the name of the mob the OP was working on. Thanks for the correction, Tylia.
  13. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Mermut wrote:
    I've never noticed a power drain on Ingolf, only Paldar.
  14. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Doh...good catch!
    Yeah, it's Ingolfa. First hit, about a quarter drop in power, then it ticks down. I set off Manaflow, but in the 30 secs to wait, the other two groups drop to less than half power. I feed one of the others, and the one I just fed is dropping fast. I can't keep up with the power drain at all.
    I don't know what the power drain is, I can't keep up with it. We wipe with no power, or very little power, or if I drop.
    This whole fight has me confused. I don't know where the power drain is, how to get around it or fight it or prevent it.
  15. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Pheep@Unrest wrote:
    Are you an priest/mage attacking the wrong phantasm?
    I'm just guessing as I said, I've never noticed a power drain on that particular fight. Its just the right archtypes fighting the right phantasms and killing the banshees when they spawn.
  16. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    I'm the Coercer. When the arcane phantom and the keening banshees pop, I have a macro to /target them. I always check my target and I'm right on them each time.
  17. ARCHIVED-Chronus1 Guest

You have to kill the adds quickly enough to not get power drained. For the fighter/scout ones just have the melee attack them. Have a troub put abhorent verse on the ot of choice for the mage/priest one and have the mages full burn it. We only got 4 or 5 adds with 3 groups iirc.
  18. ARCHIVED-Ulrichvon Guest

Pheep,
    Are you reaching a point in the fight where both the arcane and physical are both up at the same time? I'm pretty sure that is intended as a fail condition.
  19. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Ulrichvon wrote:
    No, we get thru those and the banshees. We go along just fine with power, just when it's gone, bam, wipe.
  20. ARCHIVED-denmom Guest

Just to give a bit more info, I watched vids of the Ingolfa fight. Watching the raid window, I saw the initial hit with the arcane, it's cured, but right on the heels of that there's a power tick that takes abaout a quarter of the power. A few seconds later is another one, same thing. The power comes back and watching the effects around the raid I see it's the Manaflow. Both raid vids have two Coercers feeding power.