Potion of Amnesia Error

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by maturefetus, Aug 3, 2015.

1. maturefetus New Member

I tried renaming my character with the Potion of Amnesia, and all it gave me after I confirmed it was "Could not set name to 'mynamehere', error code 4294967295."
    Anyone know what's up with this? The name is not taken, I've also tried another name which wasn't taken as well, and it gave me the same error. I've tried emptying my broker and mailbox and then using it, but nothing is working.
  2. Seefar Well-Known Member

:(

Try /bug if it doesn't affect your playtime, or /petition if it does, perhaps? Sorry not to be less clueless.
  3. flameweaver Well-Known Member

It could be the code that checking for name policy violations that is stopping you renaming the character. The filter will check for full and/or partial matches.
    Kittybock likes this.
  4. maturefetus New Member

I sent a report in a few days ago and I'm still waiting for a response.
    Thing is, though, I have a character on another server with the same name I'm trying to use here. I've tried two other names and it still gives me that error.
  5. Tamborine New Member

Had this same issue today.

If you are going to sell this, maybe it should work.
  6. Jamiss Developer

This is a known issue with renaming. We are working on correcting this, but haven't just yet. If you receive this error, it's most likely that the name is already taken.
    Kittybock likes this.
  7. Omshanti Member

This error still hasn't been fixed. Any eta?
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know how you are checking to see if the name is taken or not (looking it up on EQ2U or whatever) but the only way I know of to make sure is to attempt to /friend the name.

ugh, just realized this was a necro post ;)

Still my answer might help someone.
    Kittybock likes this.
  9. kianne Well-Known Member

ive just got this message on when trying to rename my char.. so looks like problem was never fixed... my name was not taken either... its my name
  10. wantacookie New Member

I had to rename my character recently, I was gone for 7 years and a server merge caused several extra letters to be added to my Guardians name. Several attempts got me that error message. It was because every name I tried was taken. I had to get a bit more creative with the spelling for it to work and go through.