potency, resolve, fervor - questions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by EQ_Jack, Dec 1, 2019.

1. EQ_Jack Active Member

I searched around a little for a deep explanation for fervor, potency, resolve and found

Is Resolve the most important stat to have?

In regards to 'caps' based on eq2library it says:

Potency : no cap
    Fervor : 200
    Resolve: contested against the mob you’re fighting, but caps at the same amount as that mob’s resolve.

is cap info still accurate?
    How do you know when you have enough resolve? can I inspect mobs to see their resolve?
  2. Svenone Well-Known Member

I believe that the cap in Fervor is 300 now, and there is a significant amount of overcap item that allow it to go even higher.

Scouts have an ability that reports on the mobs stats, including resolve. There is also a post somewhere on these forums by a dev that details what resolve is needed for each tier. I think the current maximum needed is just short of 2400 for Tier 4 Experts. I had a post-it note with that information, but got rid of it when it became clear that the amount I had already was more than my raid crew would ever need.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

Solo fervorcap is about 410 (or slighly higher)

Resolve is just a method to outdate items. As long as you meet the requirement for the mob, you need not care about resolve. Every mob has a buff on it which says how much resolve and other debuffs it has.
  4. EQ_Jack Active Member

so was in Pop and at first I Wasn't seeing any buffs on any of the regular mobs. So... if no buff, does this mean the mob has no resolve?

for named mobs I See 'planar defense' and 'planar guard' which lists a bunch of stats. one stat said
    "Resolve has no effect in this encounter" (or something like that) guessing that is calling our resolve is not a factor for the fight.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

for solo and overland zones: Yes no resolve necessary

You need a lot of resolve in heroic zones but you will get the items
  6. Deckerd Smeckerd Active Member

So resolve is a "goal line". It provides a goal to shoot for so that you can nullify the monster's resolve buff. It is a game. Acquire enough resolve. It adds a prerequisite to the existing game which is bring the monster's HP to 0. Do I understand this correctly?