Post Launch Fury Presitge Feedback

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Widem, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Widem Active Member

I didn't have the time or the energy prelaunch to do much testing, but now that I've had some time to test and digest the new presitge options there are some glaring holes that were overlooked.

Effectively, as per the Fury Class, the prestiges have been designed in a way which only benefit Soloing furies.

From a Heroic and Raid perspective the right side containing Stormbearers Fury has no use. Stormbearers Fury and all of its upgrades offer DPS regression as the ability hits for to small an amount. (An additional AE is useless when we have 4 others which are almost always up). Additionally, the heal component is too marginal to matter. Overall you are better off using an actual heal and procing infusion for stability and damage. Furthermore Stormlord is underwhelming. It's maximum potential is 8 triggers of about a 30k damage proc (self stats Ave. hit), totaling 240k in damamge. In raids I have not seen this maximum potential yet and have so only in the soloing.

With this information the right side is completely and only condusive to soloing as you constantly have large amounts of mobs, which deal little damamge, whereas in raids/heroic there have typically been moderate abouts of mobs with medium to high damamge output. This makes these new rightside abilities to little for healing while regressing damage output for the fury.

The left side has some useful abilities , not including most of Force of Nature. The beneficial parts are the ward, the damage reduction and MOST of all the potency increase on hit, unfortunately we don't heal people who are constantly getting hit and inorder to get it would lose the only reason we want it to begin with, the reset on Call of Storms and Raging whirlwind. If I am to get anything across to anyone reading this that might consider and changes. Heal procs are completely useless for this class. The only thing that can or will help Furies defensively is a way to protect from high damamge hits. The endline is an attempt to accomplish this. Unfortunately, there is not a fury who would be able to do their job correctly without the rightside Call of Storms resetting and raging whirlwind, which leaves this out of reach.

At this point the only logical choice for any heroic or raiding fury is to split points between the 2 lines with only 4 goals. Potency to CB conversion. CB to Potency Conversion. Ragig Whirlwind. Call of Storms reset.

None of the lines you made have any benefit, under the current structure.

The ways to fix these problems can be as follows:

-Swap the left and right side, in addition to swaping the position of stormlord and lightning siphon. That would allow anyone from any tree to get the Proc to Call of Storm (which is how it should be), and spread out AA acquired blue AEs so they don't overlap their effectiveness. Force of nature should have always been based upon damage output, just like how Protective Instinct Works, capping at a certain number.

-Make Stormbeaers Fury simply an enhancement of Raging Whirlwind. The first 3 ranks can be something such as 10% to base damamge each rank. (it doesn't have to be insane, just effective). This would make all 3 optional bonuses effect Raging whirlwind as well.

Nevertheless as of now they are underwhelming and most poeple won't use any of these lines outside of solo spec as I feel the designers lost sight of the specific roles and current abilities and how everything would mesh together.
  2. Widem Active Member

And yes, it says Presitge. Don't think you can change your thread title on these new forums?