Post image of video?

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Ocarinah, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

So with all the changes to youtube the video image is not appearing just a play button for videos. With allow embedding option turned on, you can watch the video just fine within the forums. I can try to see if I can change settings to show this image but I also don't want to get into trouble with the rules even though videos are not for children. There is an option to take a screenshot to use as image and have that above the youtube video link. That would mean I probably have to create a new account for posting photos since my current one is pretty full. Not sure if not seeing image is big deal or not.

Would posting image above the video link be helpful or not? Or is just having video details above like I am currently doing enough for you to decide if you want to see video or not?
  2. elflover Well-Known Member

Your description is usually enough for me to know what the video is about and watch when i have the time. A picture with it is no big, it would suck to have to make a new account :(
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Poor Kianne is having issues with her vids posting, last I knew, even the old ones retroactively; what my suggestion to her was, since when the "first scene" of the video is visible, we also see the title that way, I just thought it'd be good to do "braces and belt" and write the title into the post as well, like:

Video #1: One Crazy Day ~ by Hasenpfeffer
    under Large Homes, AB
    [and then the video itself, in whatever form it allows :-/]

That way, if the first scene of the video and title do load properly, it's only a little redundant; without the video displaying properly, we might not have any idea at all what the name of the place is or who did it (info we need if we have to login to YouTube to see it and don't have that ability; at least if we know what to look for on the Leaderboards, that would help), if the video's being really restrictive as to who all can see it. :(

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Tenchigirl15 Well-Known Member

I can watch your videos fine without the pictures, I just click on them.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.
  5. Merriel Well-Known Member

I agree with elflover. Your description is plenty enough information to know what your video's are about so no need for a screenshot image. :)
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  6. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone! I appreciate it very much. About to post rest of the videos after I upload them all. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Breanna like this.