Possible Returning Player?

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Iowna, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Iowna New Member

Hi all!

I was looking at coming back to Eq2 after about 8 years?

But am having trouble finding a class that seems to be desired from looking at the guild recruitment forums

I used to be a Troubadour in Revelations for years, and understand that the guild has disbanded. But. I kind of expected the normal "we need these <insert number> classes" that no one seems to play?

I half expected that Troubadours would still be a highly desired class but it appears that isnt the case? I only saw one guild recruiting them from the first two pages of the guild recruitment forums. And even then, very few guilds were recruiting the same classes it seemed.

Any advise would be appreciated. I can pretty much pick up and learn any class.
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. mothelm Active Member

Hello Not sure what type of guild you are looking for but we are a lower level Raid Prog guild on AB with a current level lock of 80 .....we are looking for mage Dps Mostly ...Send tell to Eixx or any member of Rewind you see online if you are interested =-)
    Soara2 likes this.
  3. Soara2 Well-Known Member

It's going to take a lot of work to just get group ready, let alone raid ready. Most guilds wanting certain classes are raid guilds. Best to pick something you like because what the raid guilds need change over time due to people leaving, quitting, etc. So if you find a guild now that wants say a Necro, and you work on it, by the time you are ready to join, they might not need a Necro anymore. This happened to me before lol. Anyway, if you pick what YOU want, there will be a guild by the time you get ready. Hopefully you can get a good guild that takes you into the guild before you are ready.
    Seefar and Breanna like this.
  4. Seefar Well-Known Member

I think troubadours are very much still in demand. Looking through guild recruitment forums is one thing, playing is another. As Soara2 said:

Good words, worth repeating!

Welcome back to Norrath!
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.