Porting exploit last night in the Commonlands

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Xiao, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Xiao Member

Someone used the porting exploit last night in the Commonlands during Avatar of Valor not once but twice.

Whoever did it didn't seem to be worried about another guild killing it. The one that's been farming avatars.

Feelsbad
  2. Zenji Well-Known Member

See I always thought it you don't get banned it's not an exploit. Because there is no way the Dev team would let people openly exploit. ;)
    Xiao likes this.
  3. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Watching a guild wipe to a mob for three hours just to not quell deaths and handle the under 50% heal up script does not concern me.

Regardless of what you all think, no one to my knowledge in Momentum Portalled Unholy War.

If you don't believe me, I don't really care anymore. Feel free to report it, they won't find anything on my guild~.

Cheers.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Oh and also I reported the exploit in detail and other ways to crash zones to Gninja already.

It's not like the way to perform massive exploits with the way to portal in question hasn't been around since dawn. It's just simply not been fixed and it's wide spread as to how to perform it now. We got portaled on Growth the day it got fixed. Did we cry to the devs in discord or make forum posts? No.

Why? Because we understand contested is contested.
    Xiao likes this.
  5. Zenji Well-Known Member

Players complaining to devs about other players exploits ruining their gaming experience is fair and justified. Maybe you should have complained about it when it happened to you on Growth. Seems like REEEEing about stuff is the only way things have a chance at being fixed. You of all people know, well documented constructive feedback doesn't normally go very far here.

I agree players should expect these type of exploits / behavior to happen, it has been going on for 15 years just in this game. However, just because it has been happening since the beginning doesn't make it any less bullsh!t.

I do see you and your guildies ask all the time why more guilds don't pull contested mobs. A lot of it, most guilds know they can't kill them, but some of it is they don't want to deal with the autistic behavior and exploiting (like 'getting portaled' ) that goes along with it.
    Avianna, Xiao and Nuhvohk like this.
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sure it is. But is it my fault this happens repeatedly and it's not fixed? No. Have I reported it? Yes. Was Mentoring already known since FG? Yes.

They know about this, it's still not fixed. Should it be fixed? Yes.

"However, just because it has been happening since the beginning doesn't make it any less bullsh!t." Cool. Don't pull contested, if I wanna run around in circles and cast reactives around a contested mob or set up an ice cream stand nearby to make people not tab target. By all means I will, and will continue to. If someone in my guild is pulling a mob on chain FD'ing it back and forth with six brawlers forever to keep in engaged for three hours I can't stop them, feel free to report and watch as it falls within fair gameplay.

Regardless I can't stop the actions of players.

/shrug
  7. Zenji Well-Known Member

Of course you are not responsible for every exploit being done. Not every autist on the server is in your guild. However, your guild does have a reputation (not with out merit) so those who don't know will pick the easiest target to blame.
    Xiao likes this.
  8. Jupiter Member

It's definitely a coincidence that zones seem to crash on some guilds when they get close to killing an avatar but not on others.
    Sixgauge, Kittik and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Xiao Member

In the young life of this thread you've all but admitted it was one of your members that you have no control over.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

they did it again in Rivervale
  11. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I just heard some members of Momentum were banned for this practice .
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Venser Active Member

Thanks for queuing in everyone. I was banned. Then unbanned due to a false positive and false associations. Please stop putting the blame where it is not warranted. It was obvious someone with Faydark Knights tag was doing it. And as far as commonlands, we again have no idea. Just because you can point a finger to feel good about yourself doesn't mean you should. Thanks for useless input schmett.
    Rosyposy and Nuhvohk like this.
  13. Avianna Well-Known Member

"However, just because it has been happening since the beginning doesn't make it any less bullsh!t." Cool. Don't pull contested, if I wanna run around in circles and cast reactives around a contested mob or set up an ice cream stand nearby to make people not tab target. By all means I will, and will continue to. If someone in my guild is pulling a mob on chain FD'ing it back and forth with six brawlers forever to keep in engaged for three hours I can't stop them, feel free to report and watch as it falls within fair gameplay.

Regardless I can't stop the actions of players.

/shrug
    Birds,Tesfaye,Hammdaddy,Adoninilol

Looks like it didn't "fall within fair gameplay" today, did it? Enjoy the ban, the server does not miss you or your guilds "toxic behavior" some of which you listed above. Then wonder why you and many members of your guild got the ban.
    Three cheers for Kander hip! hip! hooray!
    Kittik likes this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am happy for you , that you were not permanently banned , you seam to be a decent guy .
    And the guy from Faydark Knights was innocent too , he was told after a long raid that he could leave now , and he (true) thoughtlessly opened a portal , and he too was banned for doing so .
    An apology was made on Discord general for that .

Lots of people watched the Avatar fight and I think when lots of people zoned out of the zone in a short time frame ,
    that was just to much .
    I heard that there is now a serious attempt planed to finally fix this problem but it is not an easy fix .

Till than if there are lots of people watching such a fight it might be good if they all stay till the end , so there are no more such misshapes happening .

And I made the post about the ban because I wanted to point out , that the Dark paw crew will take action .
    If people were innocent like you it came out soon enough .
    This might all have been a misfortunate misunderstanding , but at least we all now know what not to do , at least the innocent .
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

But the practice to crash zones in order to make a raid fail is not just unfair .
    It's one thing to steal a mob in a contested zone but to crash a zone is clearly an exploit , and that is why the Avatars
    were taken out of the game for a wile , and it could happen again , Don't ruin it for everybody .
  16. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

congratulations Avatars are being removed again .
    Breanna likes this.
  17. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

[IMG]

Cheers.
    Xiao and Kittik like this.