Population Packs

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Feara, Aug 19, 2014.

1. Feara Well-Known Member

What are they? Anyone know?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/0...quest-iis-altar-of-malice-expansion-includes/

Returning to where it all began

There's one place in Norrath that many long-standing veterans are nostalgic for, and thanks to the expansion (and the veteran reward!), they will be able to revisit it... in a fashion. Yes, players will be able to frolic on the Isle of Refuge once again! Not only is the isle the basis for one of the new zones, it's a new prestige house that is rewarded to all 10-year veterans. Longdale also explained that players will be given a population pack to actually populate the house with familiar characters. She noted that other population packs could possibly become available in the future.
  2. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Sounds like it is a pack of free NPC house actors that are based off the old Isle of Refuge NPC's. Can't say I'm not at least a little excited, though I'll have to see it through someone else's published housing lol.
  3. AccidentProne37 Active Member

They mentioned Bladefin the shark for the Isle of Refuge population pack and nothing about house actors so I just thought it was actual moving creatures like the pets for homes but...maybe its the actors. Also, read somewhere that the refuge house is actually the 11year vet reward instead of the 10 but I hope its for 10!
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The 10 year is the mercs. While this is year 10, a lot of folks actually have 11 years coming up because of an old promotional bonus that gave another full year to vet time.
    AccidentProne37 likes this.
  5. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yes, this would actually be the 11th year vet reward, not the tenth. As Deveryn mentioned above, many of us are a year ahead due to the free veteran time that used to be awarded with expansion purchases.
  6. Feara Well-Known Member

Yeah I didn't think it was like house actors. So possible moving creatures... interesting. Color me curious.
  7. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

If it's not Actors, I may really have to save up for this....*Prays college disbursment doesn't vanish on food bills alone*
  8. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Lets just all hope we don't get the isle with a note saying 'congrats, you are now the parent of surprise quadruplets. And you thought the five day griffon quest was tiresome! Enjoy your new population pack, and note two new skills, change nappie and burp infant are on your hotbars. Sincerely, the Dev team'.
  9. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

xD That would reek, really would.