PoP Transmuting powders. And where are the fragments?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Anatha Active Member

I would say 99.9% of the time, I get frags from the stones that I get from solos and heroics.
    Kheldar and Mermut like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

About 90% are solo fragments..
    The rest are powder
    Kheldar and Mermut like this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Soo... basically just funny looking adepts ;)
    I would have preferred the distillation recipes, but at least there is another source of fragments.
  4. Jhen Ro Active Member

For manas.... I know once upon a time, the higher your transmuting skill was, the more likely to get the better rewards. That was many years ago though - like SF era that I knew for sure was a thing. Not paid attention since. Might need to save an AA spec for mass produce AND high muting and mute fabled items all at once instead of on the fly.
  5. Vulnere Active Member

I agree with the 90%.

As for manas, I have 550 transmuting skill and i've never seen a planar mana.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's possible it's skill related. I just checked my toon and in adventure gear I've got 590 transmuting.. the extra comes from tradeskill prestige (Far Seas tab).
  7. Vulnere Active Member

I'll try that.. in 5 hours... bringing home the bacon right now.
  8. Vulnere Active Member

Ok, I've got my transmuting up to 590%.
    No matter how many fableds I transmute, I NEVER get planar mana.
    on my server, planar mana sells for like 500,000 plat each, if any is for sale at all.

any idea what is going on?

I now have 25 fragments, but can' make any adorns, for lack of planar mana.
  9. Beee Well-Known Member

I know a solution for Daybreak - not a workaround:

2 adorning recipies are still missing at buchterblock trader Tyla Maki

Transmuting Dilutions, Volume 12 (Adorning 550)
    Transmuting Distillations, Volume 12 (Adorning 550)

:)
    Kheldar and Alenna like this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure if they intended on adding those, they'd have done so already :(
  11. Melkior Well-Known Member

As far as I know, as long as you have the skill to break down the item you should be able to get a mana from it. Since they departed from the customary on so many things having to do with crafting this expansion I have 2 thoughts. The first is to get your skill over 600. That should be very straightforward with gear or AAs. The prestige ability will get you +40 to start, and there are several TS mounts (Pack Pegasus etc) that raise your transmuting by 80. The second thing is a crafted potion called 'Mutagenic Essence' (one of the Raffik recipes: http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3044156127 ) that increases the chance of getting better rewards from transmuting.

I'll say in the past I've done pretty extensive experiments with Skill vs Mana testing with inconclusive results. It seemed way more a product of the RNG. I only mention it here since you've seemed to have trouble after many attempts. I personally don't have that many POP fabled items to test with at the moment.
  12. Vulnere Active Member

thank you for the good response.

I'll see what I can do.
  13. Vulnere Active Member

I tried the potion. I bought 300,000 plat of level 110 fableds and transmuted.
    I got 6 infusion of the planes.

I'm giving up on adorning.. I can'get planar mana no matter what I do.
  14. Anatha Active Member

I got a mana when transmuting a 24 resolve chest piece that I already had and it was no-trade.
  15. Tekka Well-Known Member

If this is the case (I don't know if it is) then they should at least have the decency to TELL the players. Some folks are still gonna fuss over it, but others will be glad for the information and start working on ways to make what they've got work.

This extreme lack of communication across the board, but especially with tradeskills, is more detrimental than crafting being an unfinished afterthought this expansion.
    Alenna, Dude and Beee like this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

I don't disagree. I'm just basing my expectations on what I've seen so far this expac.
    Dude and Tekka like this.
  17. Tekka Well-Known Member

I honestly feel for you guys. At this time where there is zero actual tradeskill content, some communication about what is going on - is this intended, not intended, being worked on (or not) would go a very long way to calm nerves.

This dead silence on so many issues just makes those that have been clearly neglected this expansion feel unimportant as well. You see it in post after post on the two forums left where there's activity (here and wire), and in what little chatter there is in game.

The excuse that 'we're so mean' here (seriously. go look at other forums, then tell me how 'mean' this is) the Team doesn't want to post doesn't fly when just an issue tracker post, or issue notification posts can be put up without any interaction at all. And we DO have a community manager.
    Kheldar, Beee and Dude like this.
  18. Vulnere Active Member

Can anyone else report what they've transmuted to get a planar mana, and what frequency it was?
    i don't want to go back to the proving grounds... I spent almost a month in there.
  19. Dude Well-Known Member

Saying there is activity on Wire is a pretty huge overstatement. I can look over there once a week for 5 minutes and completely catch up on the handful of new posts. Pretty sure that advertising revenue is the only reason that Feldon keeps that place going.
    Gubba Bump likes this.
  20. Tekka Well-Known Member

There is more activity there than the reddit sub that used to be active. ZAM has been gutted, or redirects to wikia. Even the traffic here is considerably lower than it was even a year ago - and the same can be said for it. Spend a few minutes once a week and you've caught up on all the relevant posts.

I think a lot of folks have just given up. The questions being asked and concerns being raised for tradeskills aren't trivial, they are game breaking for many. That's not to say that PvE content doesn't have a mountain of problems, of course they do and the Team has been just as silent, but at least they have content.

From the player's perspective - Why keep asking when the Team won't even answer a simple question like: The books for Dilutions and Distillations are not in game, is this an oversight or intentional? - A question that has been asked since beta. While players can speculate that the exclusion of vital recipe books is intentional, they shouldn't have to.

Silence, indifference, and lack of activity - especially valid criticism - from the players, should be cause for concern.

I'm not a mind reader, so I won't second guess Feldon's motives for keeping the forums at the Wire open. I know I do appreciate a place where more actual discussions (even infrequent ones) take place over bickering. And I don't have to worry about erratic moderation.