PoP Transmuting powders. And where are the fragments?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

the only reason for extortionate prices is simply because the dilutions and distillation recipes were not put into game, these are basic items that are not part of the pulled tradeskill timeline and should have been live from day 1.
    Kheldar and Andric like this.
  2. maxximum Active Member

It's dropping in solo's and heroics as well. Doesn't really matter because of the choke on frags. I have 46 mana but only enough frags to make 4 adorns, and it means I won't have enough frags for an orange adorn.
    Mermut and Beee like this.
  3. Beee Well-Known Member

At Thurgadin a treasured Planar Fragment costs about 4 times the fabled Planar Mana this means 54k Platin...

We just miss the 2 transmuting recipies at the
    buchterblock trader Tyla Maki
  4. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

so could the lack of frags and the adepts they are derived from be completely intended by the devs to make the white adorns that much more coveted? I personally have never even seen one of the recipe books to make them bth.
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

As an update, as of this morning, Planar Transmutation Stone (Treasured) items have begun dropping in solo zones. Getting about 3-4 a zone, give or take, plus adepts as they drop. Chance for fragment or powder when transmuting them.

Not particularly a fan of them not stacking, but that's a very minor complaint.

Will definitely alleviate some of the fragment pressure.

But I just want to say, I still do not understand why 1) the books were not put in to break apart/combine the adorning mats like every other tier before them, and 2) why the radio silence on this entire issue since beta.

I fully understand the developers are busy people, and they are not here to answer our every beck and call and do not sit on the forums all day long. But this isn't some issue that has come up once - it's been a pretty hot button issue all the way around - affecting the broker with adepts (skyfire still up to 45k per adept now), all characters that hadn't ran PGs for tokens for hp adorns, etc.

A simple, "Hey, we see you, we see the issue, (we are putting them in later) (we are not putting them in, it's the way it is now) (we are doing something, just not that, stay tuned) (we don't know yet what we are doing but we are working on it)."

Feeling ignored is pretty frustrating.

Anyway. Thanks for the new stones. Not ideal, but definitely in the right direction!! :)
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

Where are the manas? Historically, xmute stones provided polished manas... or, i'd bet there's a Heroic version of the xmute stone that drops mana... or even better, a raid version?

i just
    Kheldar and Kittybock like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Fabled items can make mana's. So higher quality heroic gear and above has a chance at manas.
  8. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

seems to me that the missing recipes for Dilutions and Distillations should be considered a bug to be patched as soon as possible, and not held back as content for the TS line whenever it is ready.

Also, the missing drink recipe for Advanced Provisioner volume 10 should also be considered a bug since the food is in game.

Please patch these bugs, thank you in advance!
  9. Vulnere Active Member

I've transmuted level 101 to level 110 fableds and some expert spells and have never seen a planlar mana yet.
    what am I doing wrong? I'm a new adorner still.
  10. Fangrim Active Member

It breaks down like this
    Treasured items chance of Fragment or Powder
    Legendary items chance of Powder or Infusion (also some master crafted like armor,weapons, experts but not furniture)
    Fabled items chance of Infusion or Mana

Edit: I seem to remember they may of nerfed MC items like weapons to drop fragments/powders instead of powder/infusion but I didn't test it in PoP and let my sub run out now.
  11. Vulnere Active Member

Thanks for the response..

But I've blown up 100k of fabled items and gotten no planar mana.
    Has anyone had success they can relay to me? Once in a while
    I see Planar Mana for sale on the broker.. someone must know
    how to do it.

I've got like 20 more white adorns to make, and I need to know how
    to create planar mana.

thanks.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

I've gotten 3 manas and haven't blown up that much fabled yet. I haven't even used the amalgamation potion that improves transmute results... it's been so long since I've transmute gear rather then salvaging it that I'd forgotten about them.

I haven't done anything special. Just transmute as usual. At this point I hardly bother transmuting legendary gear.. I've got dozens of infusions and close to 300 powders... and about 50 fragments. The choice to leave the distillation recipes out this expac is doing really weird things to adorning.. especially since there are no lesser or greater adorns and zero adorning recipes on merchants.
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Daybreak, we still miss the 2 transmuting recipies at the butcherblock trader Tyla Maki
    Please put them in!
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

Actual it's bad using transmuting benefits.. I alway hope NOT to get the benefit for a powder istead of the Fragment.

I really have no idea what's the problem putting the 2 transmuter recipies at buchterblock for generating planar mana and fragments
  15. Jhen Ro Active Member

At this point, I am inclined to think it is not a bug -- and is instead by design.

Maybe they want to limit the creation of manas and not allow players to create them.

Adding the transmute stones definitely helping the fragment issue - but putting those two books in would have solved it without us now overcrowding our bags with them.

I don't know. But I know one of the fastest ways to shut a wallet is to make someone feel ignored.
  16. Vulnere Active Member

Does planar mana only come from transmuting level 110 fabled?
    I haven't seen one yet.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. From a PoM fabled item.. so 101+
    Mathafern and Vulnere like this.
  18. Mathafern Well-Known Member

I've had tons of planar mana drop for me. As far as I can tell, all that is required is 101+ fabled, like Mermut said.
    Vulnere likes this.
  19. Vulnere Active Member

I"ll have to do more testing...

you can't even buy it on the broker for less than 100k plat and some days it's not available at all.
    Of course I dont want to buy it at all..

Now Planar fragments... no problem with that... either Adepts or the new stones..
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Have you confirmed that the new stones transmute to fragments? If so, how often/many?