PoP Transmuting powders. And where are the fragments?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Dec 15, 2017.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Hit 550 Transmuting today... I noticed a problem with it.

Planar Powder - 101-110 adornments

I also got a last tier Luminous Powder off a level 105 item... I don't think that is supposed to happen

And so far I have yet to get any fragments. - In game?
  2. Jhen Ro Active Member

Make sure to /bug an item that happens with, of course.

Fragments seem to be coming only from adepts. And with the rarity of adepts, that's basically a joke.
  3. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Saw the same (prior level components from transmuting 100+ items) and /bugged it in-game as well. Powders and Infusions only, no fragments, which fits what Jhen is seeing (I wasn't about to transmute the few Adepts that dropped).
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Mermut Well-Known Member

Fragments do not come from transmuting legendary items.
    This 'problem' was noted in beta... we told them they needed to add the recipes to swap between fragments/powders/infusions/manas..... the action that was taken in beta was to add adorning components to the beta buff merchant.

Like so much with tradeskilling this expac... somebody (or a group of somebodies) seems to have decided that the way it's been done for years is 'wrong' and or 'bad' and so they've made changes to make everything more difficult to get.
    There aren't even recipes for lesser or greater adorns.. just superiors that require manas. Manas aren't going to be the problem.. it's the 7 fragments per adorn that are going to be the killer.
    When I checked the broker the cheapest adept books were going for 10s of thousands of plat.... because only adepts have a CHANCE to give fragments..

It's a mess, but unfortunately they aren't responding to TS concerns. With every single bit of tradeskill content (I consider basic recipes 'content' exactly the same way apprentice spells/combat arts are 'content') locked behind adventure RNG, it seems clear that the current dev team does not consider tradeskilling a viable independent playstyle.
  5. Alenna Well-Known Member

there have not been any fragment garnered by transmuting since DoV you have to use the distillations and dilution recipes to get them
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

I agree here all their decisions this expansion have been ones bent on killing tradeskilling. and no acknowledgment of the concerns brought forth by the crafting community.
  7. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Pretty sure I got them from transmuting adepts as recently as AOM. But I could be wrong.
  8. Mermut Well-Known Member

You CAN get fragments from transmuting adepts.. in PoP they are (currently at least) the ONLY source fragments. But you can get a powder from adepts instead of a fragment too....
  9. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

And no distillation recipe I take it? I haven't checked yet.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Nope. None existed in beta.. and none have been discoed on live.
  11. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

12. Meirril Well-Known Member

Most of the problems in PoP tradeskills could be directly tied to the non-existent time line. While it hasn't been done in a long time, Dev could intend to hold back the distillation recipes as a quest reward. A lot of the 'missing' content could be something they are holding back intentionally.

If that is the case...still not a decent excuse. Until those recipes are introduced crafting adornments is going to be hellishly difficult. If no distillation book is going to be added for PoP, then add Fragments to all Transmuting for PoP. Honestly the distillation recipe makes more sense than changing transmutation results.
  13. Andric Member

distillation should just be on the trainer. Its a basic adorning/transmutation skill
  14. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Amen.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

Except transmuting and adorning are not related to regular tradeskill classes.
    Not everything 'missing' and 'wrong' with tradeskilling right now can be laid at the feet of the 'not yet in game' TS timeline.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have not even seen an adept. Not in beta and now not in live. =(
    Shmogre likes this.
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Just to write it here again: As mentioned in beta and here too... 2 adorning recipies are still missing at buchterblock trader Tyla Maki

Transmuting Dilutions, Volume 12 (Adorning 550)
    Transmuting Distillations, Volume 12 (Adorning 550)

PLEASE PUT IT IN
    Kittybock, semisus, Dannni and 2 others like this.
  18. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Sigh.....so nothing new on this front? 30k for an adept still....thought the drop rate would have at least increased on them?
  19. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

from eq2u, it looks like the white adorn recipe books are raid mob drops - has anyone gotten it to drop from a normal mob that a regular crafter could kill?
  20. Dannni Active Member

I think the price on the adepts and fragments will come down slowly from the extortionate prices we are seeing now but its clearly a poorly implemented system.
    Kheldar likes this.