PoP Timed Key Quest Rewards

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Azrael's Tear, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Azrael's Tear Active Member

Yesterday I lucked out and got a Polished Magma Crystal Key. When I turned it in to Squeekier the Wanderer I received the reward listed below. I was only the 2nd person worldwide to have looted one of these rare keys and there was no Disco associated (which just made me look closer). The reward looks way under powered for the new content. Seems like this may be bugged, connected to the wrong loot pool maybe? Below is the item I received. Just wondering if this is a bug or working as intended?

[IMG]
  2. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

It appears the elemental and polished keys have the possibility of pulling from the wrong loot table. I'm working on a fix - in the mean time, don't turn in any keys, just to be safe. Will have this sorted out soon.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Any update on this?

I've turned in around 1000 keys, and have gotten maybe 20 pearl and 5 magma keys.
    In the early turn ins the magma awarded relic myth boots (2 pair). The later 3 were odd heroic level fabled armor.
    The 20 pearl were random infusers mixed with more heroic level fabled- hats and boots. No complaints really just curious if this matches the intended loot table composition. Certainly I haven't seen anything as awful as the OP.
  4. Chrissdae Active Member

Wondering if there is any update on this? Just got 5 elemental stone keys, but don't want to turn them in if I'm not going to get the right loot.
  5. Putrefied New Member

Have you fixed loot table on Polished magma keys yet?
  6. honeybush Member

Wondering same thing....has loot table been fixed? Have a magma key burning a hole in my pocket
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

I keep getting infusers from sandstorm keys. Seriously? I love better at this point elemental keys. At least I can break weapons into essence and gear into new adorn mats. Shouldn't sandstorm keys give better loot? They are very rare and it is very disappointing to get an infusers that can be easily obtained by running solo zones in PoP.
  8. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

This should have all been fixed as of some time last week. We disabled the hand-in NPCs while the loot table was bugged, and brought them back after the fix went in.
  9. honeybush Member

Awesome thanks
  10. Mathafern Well-Known Member

Unpacked a set of 500 keys, got 4 magma, turned them in, got 4 pieces of fabled armor (fairly worthless).
    Unpacked another 80 keys, got 2 magma, turned them in, 1 fabled, and 1 set of myth relic gloves.
    I haven't seen any of the strangeness that the OP ran into.

Looks like this expansion the three tiers of keys are good for:
    1) junk salvageables with a few shields mixed in
    2) (pearl) infusers with a mix of fabled
    3) (magma) mix of fabled and myth relic boots and gloves- myth relics come in packs, so you can choose plate, chain, leather, cloth
  11. Dotuming Active Member

Well consider yourself lucky. I've turned in north of 2500 keys and gotten 5 magma and nothing but worse than t1 heroic fabled rewards. With how rare the magma keys are, anything less than 29/32 resolve rewards are just plain wrong. I didn't even get a magma key until after 1000 keys. Makes me want to just quit the game with the way the RNG works.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

RNG has always sucked on key quests.. that's part of reason I don't do them.
    If you want to make plat, selling the keys is a good way to do it.
    If you want loot, the key quests do not generally give a good time vs return rate
    Xianthia and Mizgamer62 like this.