PoP. Things I miss...

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Drallidor, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Drallidor New Member

Was hoping to have had the money so I could buy the new expansion and level up to 101, and thereby get the painting. Sadly, my money isn't coming in until closer to the end of the month, which means I lose out. /sigh Anyway, I get an email this morning letting me know that the original EQ is getting ready to release their newest expansion, and I remember how EQ did expansions, really wishing that the same could be done in EQ2. For those who do not know/remember, when you bought the new expansion in EQ, you automatically got access to all of the content released up that point. So if you skipped an expansion for whatever reason, the next expansion would allow you to visit the zones released in the expansion you missed. No, you wouldn't get the special goodies for buying that expansion, but at least you could still go to those new zones. EQ2 doesn't handle things the same way. My wife and I have been playing for years, and she has a couple expansions (EQ2) that I don't have, and vice versa. Which makes it tricky to level up together, when we have quests where the other one can't go.

Ahhh, the nostalgia of it all, I suppose. Still, I would love to see that feature implemented in EQ2...
  2. dj000 Member

I believe you are mistaken. Every expansion I can remember gave access to all previous zones/content. There were a few things, like mercs and Beastlords, that were excluded for a while as these weren't considered content, but I think that has been rectified too. When you buy PoP you get: Access to all previously released content.
    Access to previous expansion content

Prissetta likes this.
  3. Melt Actually plays the game

Yeah all the new xpacs give you old content access... Maybe ask if someone can make a **** 101 then place the painting for you?
  4. SteveB Active Member

Hm, I bought the collectors edition but if I want to pick the race Arasai the gently ask me to give Station Cash for it, so beyond the shadow of a doubt, not all content is unlocked sadly.
  5. Semperfifofum Well-Known Member

Some races and classes are considered extras, as are reforging and mercenaries. Nothing stopping anyone from playing a barbarian zerker through any content though.
  6. Kayas Member

Correct, the Arasai were a bonus item for buying that collectors edition, not standard content.
  7. Drallidor New Member

Very cool news! Thank you, everyone! The mercs/races/classes... Yeah, those are awesome and all, but knowing I can still go to the new zones is a huge relief! So again, thank you. Man, I love this community! lol Now to find someone who is lvl 100 that wants to make me a painting... LOL Wait... The painting that is unlocked for reaching lvl 101 is a craftable thing? Odd. I would have expected it to be similar to a claim item (1 per account)...

Anyway, thanks again everyone! New zones, here I come! (once I actually get the expansion, that is... lol)
  8. SteveB Active Member

Anybody found the painting yet on his account? Did not find anything in my claim window / inventory.
  9. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I would have to check to make 100% sure, but I think mine is in my inventory, or was... as I remember sending an in game letter to my guild leader telling him I would need temporary access to put it in the guild hall.

Edit: Yep, it is in my bag. No trade, no value Planes of Power painting.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Drallidor New Member

Ahh well. I doubt I will find anyone who actually doesn't want the painting. LOL Still, wish they had run the promo at least during the month, instead of only a few days. Oh well. :)
  11. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

The Arasai? The dark fairies of Neriak? I remember them being added partway through EoF. Do you mean Aerakyn?
  12. dj000 Member

FWIW, the painting is NOT a claim item, rather a reward. As soon as you dinged 101 a window should have popped up congratulating you and the painting was added to your inventory.
  13. Kheldorm Active Member

What server? I have the painting, a couple of times. And I really don't want it.
    Prissetta likes this.