PoP Public Quests

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by spryggan, Jan 18, 2018.

1. spryggan New Member

I have been a long time player and the newest expac I was actually enjoying very much. I usually don't post much but I feel like the last update has basically shut out people that are not quick enough to zone in right at the start time. I understand that maybe the max of 48 was done to help with overpopulation and zone bugs and such but if I am not fast enough to click and be a part of the first 48 and there are 52 people trying to get in then I am screwed. Sure I can zone into a second instance of the pq but now there are only 4 of us and a minimum of 8 needed to start. I don't see how this is fair when I am trying my best to grind to compete with others who are getting their coins and can upgrade their items and adorns. Is there any way the 8 minimum to start can be taken out so we are not missing out on pq's as well. Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. EmJay Well-Known Member

This is a good point. Four weeks ago, the PQs were a big mess because of the overcrowding. My guild would usually go in with two groups or more set up in a raid back then. And bunches of us would all just crash at the same time, always hoping to make it back to get the reward, which sometimes you didn't. Now, the population has fallen drastically because people have already stopped logging in for various reasons And what would have been a welcome improvement weeks ago is not really needed anymore except for maybe the 7 cst PQ on MajDul. A solution would be raising the hardcap to maybe 72.
  3. Koval New Member

Agreed, this needs attention. Well said, OP.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

They 'had' to do it, because their hardware can't handle it. So it won't be changed. Once the raiders have everything they want out of there it will calm down and you will be able to get in of course there may be no one left to run it at that point either. lol
    Dude likes this.
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

Not sure how this has anything to do with "the raiders" but the new hardcap certainly comes with problems. I was unlucky enough to be just shy of making PQ1 this morning (5th player zoning into PQ2). We eventually maxed out about 14-15 players. I've been able to do these PQs because start to finish they normally took 20-25 mins including the wait time at the start. It was double that and more this morning. I zoned in at 7:02ish and we didn't finish until just after 8:00 (CST). Nearly an hour in zone and we were reasonably coordinated about seeds etc. Everything was just on a glacial pace because there weren't enough bodies killing, flying, etc. (Disease PQ) I just don't have time to spend an hour on a PQ. Going forward, I'm going to have to just skip them entirely if I don't make PQ1 and find PQ2 isn't nearly full. That's a bummer as I would like the rewards.

The only zone I ever experienced significant lag in before the patch was Innovation. I guess sometimes a bit in Sol Ro but usually not as bad there. These PQs aren't like the old ones where you were all focused in one area on a named the entire time. They are spread out with multiple stages and functions needed to complete. That doesn't mesh well with a shortage of bodies.
    Quillyne and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  6. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

They need to readjust the difficulty of the zones for this change for sure.

We ended up in zone 3 with 7 people... we looked at each other said "nope" and left.
  7. Rubick Well-Known Member

It would also be really cool if people that don't have pets could deal damage. As a 78k potency wizard I get smoked by conjurors walking in with like 60k potency because of how pet damage works in PQs. How fast you clear it right now directly correlates to how many summoners you have. It's a bit silly honestly.
  8. Jaenis Member

Wow. I was already struggling with finding a reason to actually log in to this game anymore...after this...bleh.

Sooo long..and thanks for all the fish!

"We’re sad to see you go XXXXXXX
    We won’t be clingy and awkward; we’re simply providing confirmation that you have canceled your All Access Membership.
    We do appreciate all of our players and want to know what we can do to be better. We will read your comments and will try to use them to improve our games and services.

Keep in mind that your account is still active and you can continue to play! We hope that you stay a part of our community and continue to enjoy playing our games.
    Should you decide to become an All Access member again, we’ll be happy to return you to full membership status and reinstate all the privileges that come along with it. We hope you do!
    If you have any questions or need more help, please contact Daybreak Customer Service."
    Meneltel and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

Ok.
  10. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Cold Metal always blames everything on the raiders, don't mind him he can't help it.
  11. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Would be nice if the rewards were also only given to those who participate in various parts of the zones, not just stand afk and hit 1 mob.

But I guess that's a difficult one to gauge participation.
    Mermut likes this.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Every time they've tried to gauge participation it ends horribly.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

I'm well aware. That said, he actually caused Kander to /faintdeadaway over in Discord today by saying something non-negative. (I laughed out loud).