PoP Player Quests Need fixing

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Jan 16, 2018.

1. HuCa Member

I dont know about anyone else, but I am sure I am not the only one who is fed up of being booted from the game every time I am in the middle of a Planes of Power Player Quest. Not only do I get booted from the game .... when I log back in I am put automatically into a different player quest than what I was in. Then I have to port out to PoP and travel back to the Player Quest to be in it again for about 2 minutes before I am booted from game again. IT is NOT because of my graphics nor my internet connection. There is no warning and no error message ... just booted to desktop. Its been happening since they added this expansion and surely by now they should have resolved issues like this. I would appreciate it if this matter was resolved so I could fully enjoy taking part in the expansion doing the player quests with my husband. If it helps I would also point out that the latest Player Quests are extremely laggy especially during prime-time and is most likely whats causing people to be booted.
  2. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Couple of things you can try. I have third party damage turned off normally, it's especially important in the PQs (at least for me). A few minutes before portal to the PQs spawns I usually log out of the game and then come back in (completely out of the game, not just to character select).

Obviously it would be ideal if the issue got fixed, but until then can try different things to lessen (hopefully) the drops to desktop.
  3. HuCa Member

I have tried logging fully out of game and back in before entering a PoP player quests but it doesnt solve the being booted issue as it still happens. I have all character's names not showing which helps with lag in the instances but that too doesnt stop the being booted issue either. I have the third party damage not showing and yet STILL I get booted from the Player Quests. It mostly happens in the Innovation one and I assume it is due to the amount of players doing that one during prime-time that is causing alot of stress on the server and boots some chars to ease the stress which is why I said in my original post by now I would of thought the Developers would of resolved this issue but seems not. I know I am not the only one being booted as seen it happen to others yet the issue is still ongoing. All I was saying is it would be nice if the Developers finally got around to resolving the issue for all of us whom are affected by this problem as it is NOT fun to do the Player Quests if we keep getting booted out so far into them.
  4. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I won't waste any more time on PQs until they announce a fix. Waste 20 minutes in there for no reward due to some bug that hard exits the program.
  5. Steelviper Active Member

Here's what I've been doing already during the previous expac overland public quests (Fens of Nathsar, Kylong Plains & Jarsath Wastes).
    Type /save_custom_options_file # (where # is the name of the file, put in whatever you like for it) to save your current game options the way you've set them.
    Got to your game options, Display tab, and put the graphics profile at Highest Performance (naming out of memory, not in the game right now due to patch). That will make your game look very ugly, and perform lightning fast, also reducing the amount of memory game would require with higher graphics, so it is less likely to crash / boot you to desktop during high-population activities like public quests.
    After you're done with public quest, type /load_custom_options_file # (same # name of file, to restore your game options to what they were previously).

Hope that will help you.
    Verestrina likes this.