PoP Ethereal runes provide a choice for classes?

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Towkin, May 27, 2018.

1. Enigma Active Member

Rune of enigma and the planar mastery runes all need to be looked at period and i am sure people would agree..
  2. Thand Well-Known Member

it is s toss up for me as a Conj
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

Says somebody with a good class adornment..
    As I mentioned, my defiler won't be bothering with the priest adorn, but my warden and coercer both find their archtype adorns FAR, FAR superior to THEIR class adorns.

I do agree that it is odd to see ONLY two meh armor pieces that can't be reforged and two adorns the duplicate or replace last expac's ethereals and nothing else. But I think the way the adorns are make sense.
  4. Enigma Active Member

See you assume i don't have any other toons and i do have a warden/coercer...you have to read what i said about how the class cloak runes have been balanced with the classes in mind.

This "argument" of making choices and decided oh i will get planar mastery runes for only certain classes which have "bad" class cloak effects and for others i won't is not valid.

All ethereal events have always provided a clear upgrade over items you already had..so like i said they either need to make them stack with the class cloak runes or beef up these new planar mastery runes where they are gonna actually be better for every class and not just a few. The BP/shoulders are right now the only clear upgrades from the list of ethereals...this does not encourage or peek peoples interest in the slightest.

Rune of enigma is another replacement rune for our Rune of Mysteries and quite frankly its only a boost to thaum's and that's pretty sad and not encouraging.
  5. semisus Does not play this game

I think someone misses the point the ethereal event are supposed to lure people into playing , if the rewards are not upgrades for varius classes then why bother?
    A different tag would be ideal , the enigma yea im elementalist and while i might get it its obviusly not gonna make any difference at all
    If it was a 30% boost to Fiery incinaration than i would be super happy , this rune should have a nice effect for all ascension not just thau
  6. Wizftw Member

I was hoping that the new ethereal (Planar Mastery: Mages) would stack with the current ethereal class runes but after reading the above posts I guess not. It looks like the replacement rune with the 5% reset, 10% fervor on everything and 15% fervor on spells and CAs is good enough that most class will opt to use it. Wizards have one of the really good class runes with 150% fervor being added to Fusion. This class rune is what helped the Wizards be competitive in raids. Now it looks like with all classes getting nearly the same increase in fervor, the Wizards are going to be taking a hit and slipping down the parse. Fusion along with the class rune is what makes the Wizard fun to play, it is a big enough spell that you can see the parse or the mobs health move. Please do not mess up the Wizard any more. Fiery Blast not working is enough.
  7. Xellium Active Member

Wizards are getting shafted hard with the new adorns.
    They are already behind, it's only going to get worse if these go live as seen.
  8. Wizftw Member

After see the newest additions to the 2018 summer ethereal merchant list I have a suggestion. Can another rune be added to wave 3 that would allow the current class specific effects (“Fusion Mastery” in the case of a Wiz) be added to the new “Planar Mastery: Mage (could be any of the four classes)”. The rune would be an option to the “Planar Mastery: Sorcerer (could be any arch class)” rune. We would have to choose one or the other.
    The Wiz Class rune is very good and I really do not want to lose it. It is what makes the Wiz fun to play now. I have heard there are other classes in the same boat. Please consider it.
  9. knine Well-Known Member

At 420ish coins just to open the rune and another 200 to get both runes, I don't think that's going to "lure" people into playing. I made the grind to 250, double currency helped as I had 15 days off, but I don't have the time to make that push for another 400 plus.. way more cost than last years. I was able to hit the zones and pull coins to get my runes on my 3 toons.. won't even be close this year unless they open up triple currency which wasn't on their schedule.. so who knows...
  10. Beyoncia Well-Known Member

Yes, exactly. I do not need shoulders at all (they do not have wdb on them). I do not need BP for that price. I do not really need Priest Rune. Enigma rune is actaully a reduce in dps for a Geomancer. And now since Subclass rune does not stack with the Cloak one..I guess I do not really need it too. So whay should I bother with the event at all? Especially when there will be the new expansion in a couple of months after it.

The idea of etherial events was nice; drop chance was a bit too random and needed increase, but the Items itself were good and brought excitement. The most important thing, thought, the items were not too powerful and mandatory, unlike KA etherials. And now it's even worse- a bunch of items with vague value and defenitely no excitement or awe about them.
  11. semisus Does not play this game

What strikes me is the fact that we have to lvl a armor piece up to lvl 5 to get the new rune with effect added to the mage one ,yet this new rune gives me no incentive to get it its junk for my class
    If i could choose the class rune instead of this one i would be trying to get it

also this was stated in the update notes when ethereals where released

Each reward roll will grant at least one Planar Ethereal Coin, and a chance at a bonus reward,

Yet i have not heard of anyone getting anything but coins , if you added 1 of the armor lvl up things to the zone reward i dont think it would been so bad
  12. slica Active Member

I’ve gotten 15 armor upgrade pieces twice, but on my alts..that probably won’t get enough coins to upgrade an armor piece to 5...they are no trade...
  13. kojika New Member

I got an oracle from great Karana. Additional items in Wave3 are subclass runes which add current cloak rune effect to new archetype rune.;)
  14. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hi

Ill prfer a new non selfish and mor group orientateting adorning style, problem one on the new Class / Archtype Addorns is

1 They are dont useable in oder with the old once and thier are many classes which wont give up thier procs for more base damage its totaly discalculated.

At my Guardian i ll lose 25% Ward proc against Arcane and Physical Damage for Whole Groupe 31Sec on Senbtry Watch, gives me a bad taste on my Guard because its the most powerfull and real tank in the view of preventing the groupe from damage which is used to be the main Tank Abillity.
    Tanks are in Game for having aggro from mobs an prevent groups from Damage so why i should drop a powerfull Proc on the Guardian Addorn, from last addon does no sence for me if i only get a replacment to increase my own DPS and holding Aggro wanst a problem for a Guardian all times.

2nd On Defiler and Fury same. why i should give up such powerfull abillitys they have now for more DPS on a Healer a new disbalance between Healer and DD ??
    Only classes which need DPS to Heal is Fury and my be a bit the Inqui no other healer needs DPS to heal.
    And Fury is forced to lose the FaeFire increase if useing the new addorn not a good deal at all.

Same on Templar the old addonrn is OP so why a templar should change to new addorn ok fervor is been impementet in Heals since KA addon but this wont explain to lose the powerfull proc from KA Ethernal Class Addorn on it.

Same on Wizzard, Fusion is so powerfull why give up the fusion proc for more Base DPS on Wizzard if a nuke like This does more than 40% DPS on a wizzard.

I could write more but this will be a 4 Page threat

And the Requierment of the Amor Pice Acheafment to buy the new addorn which is needet to by the next must be a joke, addon was anounced alt friendly and many alts need the ne Archtype addonrs so how to get so much coins on a alt to set them free ??
  15. Gregore Active Member

The old Coercer Cloak rune is far superior to the new enchanter one, when constantly reset with Brews of Readiness. I believe it's 8.4 seconds of 50 Fervor/50 Fervor Overcap for the whole group. That's far superior to 5.5 ability doublecast attached to the three or four peaceful links that I'll have passed out in raid. I'll be keeping my old rune and drinking a lot of brewskies!